Say what you want...

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: Say what you want...

Postby jetprop » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:56 pm

There are 3 points that I and probably many hate:

Price:20 dollars for some islands and 2 planes?no way!If thats for every state then america will cost between 1000 and 2000 dollars!

The forcing:You HAVE to do the first 2 misions,you HAVE to connect to LIVE and you HAVE to wait for MS to make a certain aircraft,wich will probably never happen.

The limits:MS said they won't make the entire world,and if you still want a reasonable part of it,you have to be rich.

These are the main disapointments for me.
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby ilikerio » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:11 pm

I also hate how it's a game and
ilikerio
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JoBee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:44 pm

[quote]"As to where we are taking Flight, the answer is that I can
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby JoBee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:48 pm

lolololol :P ;D

btw Im 100% agree with you
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby JoBee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 pm

You state that FS11 "is exactly what MS does not want to do" and I don't know how you can state Microsoft's future plans when even they won't.

[quote]If returning to Flight Simulator makes sense again sometime in the future, I am confident that Microsoft would not ignore that possibility, but it
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby JoBee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm

...........I have never been one to say Flight will become FS11, in fact I have acknowledged just the opposite.

I do believe if there ever is a FS11 it will grow out of the core of Flight and not FSX, or at least I hope so..........

You know, I have read and re-read these sentences and I still don't understand. Seems to me that you contradict yourself.

Let me clarify.

FSX grew out of FS9 which grew out of FS2k2 which grew out of FS2k...

This has led to a sim that is bogged down in old technology and does not take advantage of the hardware available today. FSX has some really good points but the FSX forum is full of people dealing with crashes, tweaking, upgrading hardware, etc. all in search of better performance.

It's time for a new start which means no backwards compatibility. For your FSX planes to work in FSNext ties us to that old technology.

It's not that I think Flight will turn in to FSNext, just that the technology for FSNext needs to come from Flight, or something else, and not FSX.

By the way as a matter of genuine interest, what is it about Flight that you find so good? maybe I missed something.

A lot of things. I will start by saying that I am a low and slow, GA flyer. I acknowledge a lot of what I will describe won't matter to some, but you asked what I like.

I am able to use autogen (trees and buildings) levels in Flight that would bring FSX to it's knees.

Unlike the highly inaccurate coastlines in FSX, what you see in Flight is almost identical to what you see in Google Earth.

There are not any animated waves crashing on the beach in Flight, but I never liked the rectangular animated waves in MSFS anyway.

There seems to be great advances in how Flight renders lighting and shadows. As an example, you taxi up to a building in FSX at night with your taxi/landing lights on and not only does the light not illuminate the building, you can see the light splash on the ground on the other side of the building. In Flight your landing light show up on the buildings and trees just like when you pull up to your house at night with your car lights on.

While some of the clouds in Flight are not good the fog is head and shoulders above anything I have seen in MSFS.

Multi-player in Flight is amazingly simple. With the requirement of being hooked up to Live you are always in multi-player. There are 3 setting...Private, if you want to fly alone, not in multi-player, or you can invite people to join you...Friends, you create a Friends list and only they are allowed in your session,..and Public, you are the host and the Live servers will send people to your session. The host controls weather and time of day, and
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby Camel_Moe » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm

You state that FS11 "is exactly what MS does not want to do" and I don't know how you can state Microsoft's future plans when even they won't.

[quote]If returning to Flight Simulator makes sense again sometime in the future, I am confident that Microsoft would not ignore that possibility, but it
Last edited by Camel_Moe on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby andy190 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Last edited by andy190 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby JoBee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:46 am

Sorry guys, I was trying to be funny with the troll/politician comment. I guess I missed the mark on that one.

I don't care what you call me as long as it isn't 'late for dinner".

Also you only seem to care about official posts from MS & not emails that people like Cusance received.

What e-mails?

And lastly you seem incapable of understanding that people will have different views to you.

Not at all, in fact if you re-read the entire thread you will see that what I am looking for is where Microsoft misled the simming community into believing Flight was going to be anything more than what it is. I have never questioned anyone's views, only how they were formed.

[quote]You also seem to believe that everyone should like Flight as much as you do & you seem to think that if they don
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby andy190 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:50 am

For the emails:

I also emailed some specific questions and some of those were picked up in their replies. It was stated several times that this game would appeal to novices and experienced flyers. This i consider was misleading. there is simply too much missing for the game to really appeal to the experienced simmer.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby andy190 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:01 am

[quote]
[quote]You also seem to believe that everyone should like Flight as much as you do & you seem to think that if they don

andy190
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:06 am

:o you are very mature for your age ! Im so proud of you
Last edited by alrot on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JoBee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:16 pm

For the emails:

I also emailed some specific questions and some of those were picked up in their replies. It was stated several times that this game would appeal to novices and experienced flyers. This i consider was misleading. there is simply too much missing for the game to really appeal to the experienced simmer.

If cusance has e-mails from Microsoft regarding what Flight would and/or would not be, and wants to forward them to me, I will be happy to provide an e-mail address.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby Wing Nut » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Wow, this is definitely a great discussion about stall characteristics in Flight...  :D

Just Sayin...   ;)
[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1440377488.jpg[/img]
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Camel_Moe » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Gravity is the number one cause of plane crashes.
The obvious solution is to make gravity illegal.
Congress however, keeps stalling the vote on the bill.
I am wary of taking my next flight untill they do.

Just sayin.... :D :P
Last edited by Camel_Moe on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'