Say what you want...

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: Say what you want...

Postby Groundbound1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Gravity is the number one cause of plane crashes.
The obvious solution is to make gravity illegal.
Congress however, keeps stalling the vote on the bill.
I am wary of taking my next flight untill they do.

Just sayin.... :D :P

And that brings us full-circle. Well done gents... you're excused. ;D
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Postby rodericksnr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:41 pm

"Sounds like you are not aware that the state of Alaska is in the works and there will be more after that."

I know they are releasing Alaska but how are we expected to get there? Land somewhere in Hawaii catch a ferry to Anchorage and take off again? NOT!
RoddyImage
rodericksnr
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Cusance » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:34 pm

For the emails:

I also emailed some specific questions and some of those were picked up in their replies. It was stated several times that this game would appeal to novices and experienced flyers. This i consider was misleading. there is simply too much missing for the game to really appeal to the experienced simmer.

If cusance has e-mails from Microsoft regarding what Flight would and/or would not be, and wants to forward them to me, I will be happy to provide an e-mail address.

wow, lets be clear about this. I havent said anywhere that I had direct emails from Microsoft. the replies I mention were in their FAQ they were however specific to issues raised in emails. (the only direct email I had was from Pat Cook saying, sorry I am out of the office at the moment). They ask for feedback and then they respond (or not) in the FAQ.  What happened was that I send them a number of questions specifically aimed at asking if all the efforts that had been put into FSX by people over the years would be lost and thus be rendered useless nd if that happened they would not find a happy welcome from experienced simmers. The next thing was that in their FAQ a message appeared more or less quoting the issues raised in my emails (and doubtless others)  and assuring us that the experienced simmer would be taken care of. These assurances were specifically in response to questions received, or so they said. Issues raised with them, I think is how they put it. regretfully they seem to have removed all that stuff  but it was quite clear that they were reacting to specific issues which probably others had also asked about. I still hold that their assurances in their FAQ after that were in my opinion misleading. The comments were full of what was going to be provided which seemed to promise a lot,  more than was actually delivered. some may call this marketing.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Strategic Retreat » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 am

Pass some? I brought beer and I'm willing to share too. [smiley=beer.gif]

This is even better than every Reality show I can remember. :D

Guys, please do go on. :)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby andy190 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Wow, this is definitely a great discussion about stall characteristics in Flight...  :D

Just Sayin...   ;)

Well in the title it says: Say what you want... ;)

And I think people did.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'