And Yet Another Interview...

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: And Yet Another Interview...

Postby New Light » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:47 pm

I believe that Flight can appeal to millions and millions of people, far more than the simulation sub-genre ever garnered, and our journey will be continuing to explore ways to bring the magic of flight to a massive audience.

This was my favorite quote in the article. From FS1 - FSX we were THE genre. Now we are considered a [glow=yellow,2,300]sub-genre[/glow]. Thanks for the demotion - remember M$, a demotion includes a drop in salary also... In this case, your salary.
Last edited by New Light on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Camel_Moe » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:51 pm

I believe that Flight can appeal to millions and millions of people, far more than the simulation sub-genre ever garnered, and our journey will be continuing to explore ways to bring the magic of flight to a massive audience.

This was my favorite quote in the article. From FS1 - FSX we were THE genre. Now we are considered a [glow=yellow,2,300]sub-genre[/glow]. Thanks for the demotion - remember M$, a demotion includes a drop in salary also... In this case, your salary.
Last edited by Camel_Moe on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby andy190 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:08 pm

I think IGN has a very truthful review:

You see, Flight is just about as far removed from a true flight sim as American Idol is from originality.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby Cusance » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:35 am

Cusance I can understand why MS might not want Third-party Payware, but freeware is a completely different thing.

Freeware is the blood & bones of FS & I'm sad that MS don't recognise that.

In this I agree with you however it is also difficult to see how they can recognize freeware and keep control of the francise as far as a revenue stream is concerned. I think in a way this is the Catch 22. We want MS to developed stuff but would seem to be prepared to cut off their revenue stream to finance this development. there may yet emerge a middle way. at some point they may somehow allow repaints without giving access to actual new plane development. Yes sad, but a reality. Question is now, will the simmer community work with MS as much as possible to make Flight into something we want to use or are we going to stand apart and thus be stuck with whatever they wish to give us? To some extend an academic question as MS has obviously different priorities now.
Last edited by Cusance on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'