Does MF show any Improvement over FSX?

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: Does MF show any Improvement over FSX?

Postby andy190 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 am

P.S: Please make it a rule that screenshots of MS Flight may only be posted where we post pictures of OTHER non simulator screenshot posts eg. the likes of COD etc. ::)

Flying Mouse I completely agree with you.

But I don't think that people would be so let down about Flight if they hadn

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby F35LightningII » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:03 am

"Flight" is a simulator full stop.
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:05 am

[quote]But I don't think that people would be so let down about Flight if they hadn

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:29 am

[quote][quote]But I don't think that people would be so let down about Flight if they hadn
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:19 am

[quote]I would have to disagree to a point.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:45 am

[quote][quote]I would have to disagree to a point.
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:49 am

It is a fact, that it is completely "different" from any of the MS Flight Simulators that we have used before.
"Flight" seem to be aimed at a market of "aircraft game" newcomers, and to that end it may prove to be very successful.

Maybe, after a short while, they could become even more interested in the experience, and purchase the proper MS Flight Simulators for a more genuine flight simulator!

Perhaps, that way, we may accumulate even more flying enthusiasts, over time!

Paul....busy simulating... 8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:06 am

Unfortunately the minimal information posted on the Flight website was deliberately vague & people could read into it what they liked.

That sums it up. We should have know better right from the start ::)

Matt

It gives me no satisfaction to say "I told you so!"

[quote][quote][quote][quote][quote]What Capt. P said is something i've also said before:

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 am

Do you know what...

..every time I delve deeper into "Flight" I am constantly bombarded with the words; "X-Box"..and "Windows Live for Games"...
I haven't got an "X-Box", and "Windows Live for Games" has not yet been conceived by me, and I doubt if they ever will be, so why cant I just use a simple Windows XP/7 computer and software, to play all my existing Games/Simulators, etc?.
To me, the X-Box, and a Personal Computers, are two entirely different animals, involving entirely different societies!
Chocolate's "FS Host" Server enabled us to communicate with each other in our flight sims, without recourse to Microsoft's X-Box involvement!
It looks as though Microsoft have deliberately excluded any "Flight" coding to enable 3rd-party Servers to enable on-line Multiplayer activity using Windows PC's... :'(...!

Paul... :(...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby michaelb15 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 am

Do you know what...

..every time I delve deeper into "Flight" I am constantly bombarded with the words; "X-Box"..and "Windows Live for Games"...
I haven't got an "X-Box", and "Windows Live for Games" has not yet been conceived by me, and I doubt if they ever will be, so why cant I just use a simple Windows XP/7 computer and software, to play all my existing Games/Simulators, etc?.
To me, the X-Box, and a Personal Computers, are two entirely different animals, involving entirely different societies!
Chocolate's "FS Host" Server enabled us to communicate with each other in our flight sims, without recourse to Microsoft's X-Box involvement!
It looks as though Microsoft have deliberately excluded any "Flight" coding to enable 3rd-party Servers to enable on-line Multiplayer activity using Windows PC's... :'(...!

Paul... :(...!

Just thank goodness we still have good ol' FSX, and even FS9..

The recycle bin is always hungry for stupid "apps", or Gamulations like Flight..

But from what I have heard, I wouldn't even call flight a "gamulation." its just pure game, with no simulation properties at all...

It would be like calling Battlefield 3 a military simulator... Sure it has realistic weapon models, and it even takes bullet drop into account..
Last edited by michaelb15 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am somwhere I don't know where I am!!!
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby Groundbound1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:39 am

You had me at "Gamulations"!
Last edited by Groundbound1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 am

[quote]Before I start:

Brandon stated "What I would like to see are pure default comparisons between FSX and Flight. Obviously, if you have Flight DLC content, that is alright to use, as it only adds locations and planes. But adding stuff to FSX that changes the way the sim actually looks isn't a good comparison. "

Seriously, I respect you defending what you like BUT we must compare to what we have NOW and what we can replace it WITH to make an informed decision.

You expecting us to compare a 2006 default to a current to make that choice, when hell we don't even have access to international areas is just insane

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby andy190 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Truth? Or Blind faith?

I'm inclined to go with the latter.

Now Brandon, you can't be a MS policeman any more. Get yourself out of the poo before you lose too much face.

I don't think any seasoned flight simmer would think Flight was a Sim so why your defending it I don't know.

And before you say, I'm a newbie so I don't know anything, I've been flight simming for 6 years & I'm working on my first aircraft for FSX.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Truth? Or Blind faith?

I'm inclined to go with the latter.

Now Brandon, you can't be a MS policeman any more. Get yourself out of the poo before you lose too much face.

[glow=yellow,2,300]I don't think any seasoned flight simmer would think Flight was a Sim so why your defending it I don't know. [/glow]

And before you say, I'm a newbie so I don't know anything, I've been flight simming for 6 years & I'm working on my first aircraft for FSX.

It isn't a sim,it isn't a game,its inbetween.

Its a game that wants to be a sim.
Last edited by jetprop on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 pm

It isn't a sim, it isn't a game, its in between.

Its a game that wants to be a sim.

I'm a Simpson that wants to be a Homer!... ::)...!

Paul... ;D... ;D...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'