If Flight tanks...

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

If Flight tanks...

Postby Wing Nut » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:49 am

...and most of the reviews I've read, even from non-FS sites indicate it will, what will MS do?  Will they work on a real flight simulator again or will they abandon the flight simulator market entirely?

I'm hoping for the former, but knowing MS it will probably be the latter...  ::)
[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1440377488.jpg[/img]
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Re: If Flight tanks...

Postby ArcticFox » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:03 am

Well in general Microsoft has done nothing but take wrong turns when it comes to PC gaming decisions. They really need to take a step and look at their track record and start listening to the people that are their potential customers.
[ASUS P8H67]- [Intel core5 2500k]- [4gb Corsair DDR] - [Asus 560ti]
ArcticFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:55 am

I Just came from YOU TUBE, reading comments below some of the Video's, that have been put up for who knows what reasons to HYPE / AMP up FLIGHT, obviously their NOT "serious seasoned" ( 8+ years or more) Flight Simmers, but Gamer Boys looking to get their next Buck from microsoft and they are Hyping Flight up as "Fly the World" ( really with just Hawaii ? ), and haven't a Clue what their really advocating or attempting to Hype / show-off with their disasterous Flight Video. With that being said , 95% of the comments below those types of Video's were NOT good, everything from : "epic fail", to Flight Sucks to its a piece of shit, to its a Game NOT a Sim and a few other words you can imagine too ~ !!  The head guru over at "PMDG" weighed his 2-cents in on it, and was fairly Blunt about what he thought about it pretty much, which the short of it was Thumbs Down !  I say by June or August of 2012 -  it'll be GONE , history, give or take a few months either way.  Flight is NOT what seasoned veteran Flight Simmers truly wanted and those who do attempt to get into it, will do so only for a SHORT , very Short while , maybe as much as 30 minutes and others a few short weeks then they'll move on to other Games they would rather play !  With Flight, there will be NO Jetliners, NO Heli's, no changing weather, NO Artificial Aircraft , NO decent add on's ( Jets / Heli's / scenery- Hangers - or ORBX ). Serious Seasoned Flight simmers who've got more than a few hundred dollars wrapped up in the FSX / 2004 sims , will NOT be able to use any of their software and maybe even some hardware with Flight.  I myself will "NOT" be having anything to do with Flight - Why ?  am I supposed to like throw away all my Aircraft add ons and scenery just to enjoy "2 - measly ugly looking aircraft" they throw at us with fancy looking guages and a cool looking dash board . Also, just so I can hop around Hawaii ? My FSX Gold edition looks better than Flight with all my Add On's , Orbx, Traffix X, and a few other Scenery Enhancements - as well as a really decent XFX Graphics card and a Quadcore processor coupled with 16 GB of RAM, and my scenery look better than that.  Just from what I seen of the 40 plus videos posted on YOU TUBE so far, I haven't seen anything really all that impressive, the buildings still look like 2004 / FSX or worse, some of the land scapes still look dull and like 2004 / FSX in the flatter areas, my skies & clouds are comparable to theirs or better, my water looks as good as theirs for the most part - and - I've got 2,750 Aircraft in my FSX Gold edition, with  27 different types of "Helicopters" and so many different types of Flyable Jets I can't count em' all , and I got 1 big ol' Blimp and I got me a "BOB", who walks around airfields and valleys and such and some dude named Spotty who watches aircraft , and, I got me some really cool looking aircraft Hangers scattered thru out my FSX, lastly, I can FLY everywhere and not just Hawaii . Also, I truly don't plan on Spending upwards of $500.00 to $1500.00 just to add on' other scenery and Aircraft ,and NO Jets or Heli's ?? What would happen to my Captain Sim 707's or my CR1 Software Ford Tri-Motors, and Jst Flights Lockheed Constellations and DC-3's and Uiver's DC-2's and my great Propliners I've hunted down for the last 4 months and Altered all those CFG Files and custom made their own Propliner sounds as well, I ain't losin all that just so I can chase Silly Tokens & listen to some Dizzy Bitch tell me to go up, down , sideways grab that token, get this Token, that'd a boy, now lets do it again, wasn't that fun ???    Gimme a Break, this  thing Flight was designed for those with 1/2 a mentality, that doesn't take much to get em' all excited and think its the neatest thing since Mom's home made apple pie, a cool wind blows and they get all frickin excited and think they got something !  Then again anything thats new, some half to jump on' the bandwagon, and milk it for all its worth, even tho theres nothing really there, but it sounds good to hype it up for whatever reasons.  Flight is a Mega Fail, and thats not just my opinion either - approx. 90% of the Flight Sim community also thinks so, least seasoned veteran Flight Simmers agree. Now the Gamer Boys might not think so, but then again, do they even know what an ORBX is ?? or a PMDG ??    let the comments roll ~~~ !!! :-X :-X :-X :o
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:12 am

Jetranger. You might well have some valid points but posting those huge blocks of text with no punctuation or paragraphs makes them impossible to read.
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jetranger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:17 am

I ain't a writer and have no intentions of being. If ya don't like it fix it.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:22 am

It's not my job to correct anything. I'm just pointing out why most people are like me & won't bother to read your comments. If you want people to read what you have to say that's up to you. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby michaelb15 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:54 am

It's not my job to correct anything. I'm just pointing out why most people are like me & won't bother to read your comments. If you want people to read what you have to say that's up to you. ;)

I didn't find it hard to read...

Actually it was quite entertaining!  ;D ;D
I am somwhere I don't know where I am!!!
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 am

I didn't find it hard to read...

Actually it was quite entertaining!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'