One Hour......enough!!!

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

One Hour......enough!!!

Postby Solid » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Guys....
1) download took one hour in my cable 4.5 meg modem
2) all went very smooth
3) started and found myself in the little float plane and had to go around a few ballons and land...did it on the second try, plane flies lousy!!!!
4) The CH Products yoke and pedals were automatically engaged, very nice, you just choose from a list.
5) second flight, no choice yet, fly the little plane to a weddind boat and water land, any kid can do it...awful woman talking and talking and talking, do this do that..blablablablabla....
6) Now I got a Menu..Missions and two gamy things I did not bother with, just looked at the options...God!! catch coins, lights and all kinds of foolish stuff, pure Game all the way...Plane are now available: Stearman and the float thing.
You also can change weather, time and Free Flight!!!! Wow
7) got in the Stearman...Beautiful model and it Flies very very very nice!!!! the aerodynamics are Tops!!!!!
8) flew around the island and did some touch and goes, slow landings, and flew inverted over the tamac twice..a wonderful machine, sorry to say the sound was very bad.....landed once more stopped the engine and quit!!! :(

One hour and a few minutes and my urge to return to FSX got the best of me...MY GOD!!!!! they could have done a beautiful Sim and did a lousy Game!!!!! I will have two of my grandsons play it this weekend, I can bet anything they will get bored within, maybe 45 minutes!!!!!! I know!!!!!!

This game is boring!!!! and very slow for the kids of this day and age!!!!!...Dirt and Dirt 2 are fantastic action games!!! kids play them for hours due to the excitement!!! but this Flight..is a bore!!!!!!!!

Its sad to see the nice technology used in Flight to be used in a sad little game with really no Adventure and glee for so many of us deep down simers......that's that, I knew it and I hope they realize their awful mistake
Last edited by Solid on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gera
Solid
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: One Hour......enough!!!

Postby Jetranger » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:36 am

Kids now days want to shoot stuff and bomb stuff not float around in slow motion like their old ! Yip Flight should of been about SPEED ,  like Mach 25 with awsum graphics and emphisis on the Future of Speed Travel in some highly enteraining wickedly looking futurestic passenger type Concorde, that none of us could imagine yet in our dreams ( we'll all be dead by then). Ohh well,, I done decided that i'd just be keepin my FSX Gold edition , good enough fer me, if I want anymore Flying Realisim - hell I'll just go hop in dads 1965 Cessna 172 or his Constellation propliner sittin in the Hanger,, that too be good enough fer me !! the JetrangerImageImage
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby andy190 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 am

I must be a weird kid then Jetranger, sure I do like Combat Flight Sims but I like Normal Flight Sims more. ;)

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Me?
I love flight sims.
I like minecraft.
I kinda like skyrim.
Thats realy all,mainly because any other game I play I keep getting killed 3/4 of the time. ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby pirate21213 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Me?
I love flight sims.
I like minecraft.
I kinda like skyrim.
Thats realy all,mainly because any other game I play I keep getting killed 3/4 of the time. ;D

Brother?  :-? :-? :-?
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby jetprop » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Me?
I love flight sims.
I like minecraft.
I kinda like skyrim.

Brother?
Last edited by jetprop on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby drtomkat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm

[quote]Hi Guys....
1) download took one hour in my cable 4.5 meg modem
2) all went very smooth
3) started and found myself in the little float plane and had to go around a few ballons and land...did it on the second try, plane flies lousy!!!!
4) The CH Products yoke and pedals were automatically engaged, very nice, you just choose from a list.
5) second flight, no choice yet, fly the little plane to a weddind boat and water land, any kid can do it...awful woman talking and talking and talking, do this do that..blablablablabla....
6) Now I got a Menu..Missions and two gamy things I did not bother with, just looked at the options...God!! catch coins, lights and all kinds of foolish stuff, pure Game all the way...Plane are now available: Stearman and the float thing.
You also can change weather, time and Free Flight!!!! Wow
7) got in the Stearman...Beautiful model and it Flies very very very nice!!!! the aerodynamics are Tops!!!!!
8) flew around the island and did some touch and goes, slow landings, and flew inverted over the tamac twice..a wonderful machine, sorry to say the sound was very bad.....landed once more stopped the engine and quit!!! :(

One hour and a few minutes and my urge to return to FSX got the best of me...MY GOD!!!!! they could have done a beautiful Sim and did a lousy Game!!!!! I will have two of my grandsons play it this weekend, I can bet anything they will get bored within, maybe 45 minutes!!!!!! I know!!!!!!

This game is boring!!!! and very slow for the kids of this day and age!!!!!...Dirt and Dirt 2 are fantastic action games!!! kids play them for hours due to the excitement!!! but this Flight..is a bore!!!!!!!!

Its sad to see the nice technology used in Flight to be used in a sad little game with really no Adventure and glee for so many of us deep down simers......that's that, I knew it and I hope they realize their awful mistake
drtomkat
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Xpand » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm a speed fanatic...
I love racing games, especially Wipeout HD and Grand Turismo 4.
Xpand
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby hyperpep111 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Hey I'm a speed lover but nothing beats the low altitude Cessna flight over some good vfr over good scenery you've just downloaded.
I also love racing games such as racer, Nfs.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

I do like racing games aswell,but I keep crashing. ;D
No,I'm actualy decent at most of them,just on some corners I keep getting understeer or oversteer. ;)
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby andy190 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:04 pm

That's the good thing about Forza 3 Jetprop. You can rewind part of a race & try again. ;)

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 pm

That's the good thing about Forza 3 Jetprop. You can rewind part of a race & try again. ;)

But the xbox 360 factor :(
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby andy190 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Whats wrong with the Xbox 360? :-?

andy190
Major
Major

Postby Dave71K » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Sorry I have to ask. Is owning a light aircraft and a vintage propliner a common thing in the states? Because it seems
Last edited by Dave71K on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave71K

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:11 pm

[quote]Sorry I have to ask. Is owning a light aircraft and a vintage propliner a common thing in the states? Because it seems
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'