Interesting.

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Interesting.

Postby Maverick260 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 am

After I've kind of 'analysed' Microsoft Flight I spotted one thing that I find quite interesting. The auto generated scenery. That loads and loads of trees in the reserve forest and that massive amount of buildings, not to mention how the airports feel and look. I think this has tremendous potential.

Why? Because with the same amount of scenery in Flight Simulator 10, or 'X' if you want, I would get about 5fps. Now in Flight I get, at maximum settings, a steady 25-30fps.

I know what some of you might be thinking, no AI, no road going vehicles, not even an air traffic controller, but I think I heard someone mention that it's, well nearly, the same engine we have for Flight Simulator 10.

What I'm trying to say here is that Microsoft 'Flight' might be better 'under' the hood than we think.

At last. One major thing did get fixed. The multiplayer, but I think the kind of overdid it with 'Flight'.

What do you think? Leave a comment,

Maverick
Maverick260
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Interesting.

Postby ryanyomomma » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:49 am

One of the only ways that I see this game having potential is if Microsoft loosens the terms of selling 3rd party addons in the Marketplace. I can't imagine a developer like PMDG ever developing for Flight so long as the current terms and restrictions on distro is concerned. Until then, I will continue to call this "just a game."
NEW RIG: i7 950 @ 3.2GHz. Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 mobo. 6GB PC3-16000 DDR3 2002MHz. GTX 560 Ti @ 900MHz/1GB @ 2000MHz. Asus D2X PCIE. 4 HDD @ combine 1.9TB 7200rpm x3+SSD x1
ryanyomomma
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Interesting.

Postby Maverick260 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:06 am

I think you are right ryanyomomma, right now Flight is 'a game'.
I don't think that 'Flight' will ever be the simulator that 'X' is right now.

If only there was a way to combine the good things from FsX and 'Flight' then I wouldn't mind paying them money.
Maverick260
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'