TRUTH about MS/FLIGHT Read !!!

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: TRUTH about MS/FLIGHT Read !!!

Postby Keep It Simple » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:41 pm

The bet we've made is that to the non-hardcore simmer, flying the whole world isn't as interesting when there's nothing really interesting to see or do.

I just got done visiting the Simviation Screenshots Showcase when it hit me. This fella, Executive Producer Joshua Howard, is either blind, ignorant, a dupe or an evil genius. First off you want to turn people on to your simula,,,err game, wouldn't you at least choose a piece of land that would really intice people to buy your product such as Alaska? (nothing against Hawaii).

Plain and simple MSflight ain't free, your bascialy downloading the demo, just like you were able to do with FSX. To get the rest of the world in FSX you had to buy the product and then activate it.

So this guy is a genius, throw out a tidbit of the world, say it's free, AND THEN WE'LL CHARGE THE S#!T OUT of THEM for the rest of the world in tiny pieces, and we'll even throw in an airplane (of OUR CHOOSING) everyonce in a while. Right now it's going to be $20 apop, Wonder what it will cost ya to get Alaska?

Sorry guys if I'm starting to sound like I'm ranting, but I did have high hopes for MSflight just as any hardcore simpilot would when you hear that a new sim was going to be born.
I was just getting use to FS98, than along came 2002, just got FS9 running great, and along came FSX, (I felt like I was going thru girls just like when I was in highschool [smiley=laugh.gif]) which at first was a love/hate relationship, but because of sites like SimV and a few others, it was like going to a marriage counsler and I learned to love FSX and got it to run great, Than all of a sudden bam Aces was done, not even train sim was going to be produced anymore, no prob FSX will be around for a long time. But than one day MS got there act back together, and we were looking at the next gen of flight simulator. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I was even looking foward to getting tourtured again setting up a new sim :D :D :D. A new challange.
Well, like I said earlier, I stayed away commenting on MSflight cause I was waiting for the product to come out.
So I'll finish off with this. The reason I won't be getting flight is because I'm not going to pay for bits and pieces of it. I'd rather invest my hardcore,,,,, I mean hard earned cash into bettering my PC to really run FSX to the max. But the main reason I won't get flight is because the geniuses behind flight underestimated one thing, the bond of us "hardcore" flight simulator hobbiest who really make what flight simulating is all about, the flight sim community is why MS Flightsimulator got up to FSX. And if there's no true MSflight community, than MSflight is truly not for me!

PS: Sorry if I never left a comment in the Simviation Screenshots Showcase ( I've been going thru it from the start), but for now I just want to say that the shots are wonderful and I look foward to checking them out each day when I'm on the V! Cheers [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
Last edited by Keep It Simple on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Simple
Captain
Captain

Postby Lazek » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 pm

"Flight" is going to be shitty
Lazek
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby SamYeager » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:42 am

"Flight" is going to be shitty

Care to share your reasons? Preferably with some form of evidence other than just your belief.
SamYeager
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 am

I was just thinking to myself.....as I do... ;)...

The thing that really got me interested in Flight Simulation was/is my excellent copy of Flight Unlimited II, (by Looking-Glass Studios) in 1995.
Now that only covered a very small area around San Francisco Bay, using photographic scenery, but that was enough to get me excited enough to rush out and buy Microsoft's FS '98, and beyond, covering the whole world!
Providing that FSX, (and FS 2004), is still available on the shelves, the users of "Flight" may decide to "upgrade?", and do the same, after the initial "Flight" trial!

Now, there's a thought!... ;)...!

Paul...FSX/FS2004..8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby IndioBlack » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:37 am

Well, you can see their logic, can't you?
Microsoft currently sell you a single Flight Sim package, and then developers all around the World sell you add-ons and make loads of money out of you - possibly more money than the original Flight Sim product.
So why not sell you the add-ons themselves? They'll make so much money out of every little aircraft and bit of scenery that you won't be able to live without, that they can easily afford to hook you with the bait of a free download.
Makes a lot of sense to me. I'm surprised it took them so long to figure it out.  ;)
IndioBlack
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 am

Remember it's only Hawaii & only going to be Hawaii. The extra scenery you can buy are the other islands.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Keep It Simple » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Remember it's only Hawaii & only going to be Hawaii. The extra scenery you can buy are the other islands.

Anyone else reminded of "The Truman Show"?

In Flight's limited modeling area, islands are the only thing that can be included.
To be honest,
Last edited by Keep It Simple on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Simple
Captain
Captain

Postby Steve M » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:31 pm

I have the intro song to Gilligans Island stuck in my head now. Thanks a lot guys.. ;D "A three  hour   tour"
Steve M
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'