Release of Microsoft Flight

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Release of Microsoft Flight

Postby Flight Ace » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:59 am

I look forward to the release of Microsoft Flight and hope that the scenery compares to or is better than what I am experiencing with FSX. See following screens.

Maule turning toward Honolulu.

Maule over major Honolulu highway intersection.

Mustang making turn toward Honolulu International airport.

Scene from Mustang cockpit looking over Honolulu
1.   Chaser MK-1 Full Tower ATX Computer Case
2.   Core i7 3770K 1155 Processor OC to 4.7 GHz
3.   ASUS Maximus V Gene Motherboard
4.   EVGA GTX580 1536MB Video Card
5.   16 GB C8 G.SKI
Flight Ace
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Release of Microsoft Flight

Postby Lazek » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:52 pm

sadly, MS flight will be more like an arcade game, and not a sim.. :(
Lazek
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby jetprop » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

What scenery is that?
Just curious. ;)
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby New Light » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 am

Imo, Flight could be a vast improvement over FSX by re-doing the whole ATC program to include emergency situations, STARs/SIDs and maybe adding the proper accents while "flying" over a particular country or area.

Another place for improvement could be made between the interfacing of the Flight program and hardware products from companies like Go Flight and Saitek. FSX doesn't seem be able to take full advantage of these hardware products.

I think Flight should abandon redoing sceneries. I think FSX and all of the associated aftermarket "X programs" (REX, GEX, etc.) are going to be tough to beat. Imo, any scenery under 1m is for photoshop and not for flight simulation.

Although FSX does have some nice stock aircraft, the aftermarket seems to blow them away. Products from companies like Carenado, Flight 1, A2A, Eaglesoft, and others are tough to beat. If Flight chooses to upgrade their aircraft, they really need to concentrate on some of the new glass panels and other advanced avionics. I love the G1000, but there are other newer glass panels in the market now as well. Other aircraft improvements can include some much nicer, more detailed interiors and exteriors - I wish they'd do something with those Cherokees, they look like they are from FS2K.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've typed my hopes for Flight. I doubt that they will take heed though.

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:33 am

Whenever I see some of the wonderful FSX Screen shots, like the ones above, taken at 2,000+ feet AGL, I wonder to myself what they would look like near, and at, ground level, where as a GA Pilot, I spend most of my time...
Is it 3D Autogen scenery...or perfectly flat, photographic scenery?
The same curiosity, for me, also applies to "Flight" scenery... ::)...!
I have a personal dislike of; "Photographic Scenery", al low altitudes!
It was fine for Flight Unlimited II in 1995, but Microsoft's later, 3D "Autogen Scenery" was a vast improvement!

Paul... :)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Whenever I see some of the wonderful FSX Screen shots, like the ones above, taken at 2,000+ feet AGL, I wonder to myself what they would look like near, and at, ground level, where as a GA Pilot, I spend most of my time...
It was fine for Flight Unlimited II in 1995, but Microsoft's later, 3D "Autogen Scenery" was a vast improvement!

Not sure this is the right place for it but here's a shot taken in my local area using the default FSX scenery. http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1329685458.jpg

My only complaint, apart from too many buildings, is that there's not that many pine trees in Sussex. I'm sure it could be improved with some of the fine addons available.

I really don't know why people complain about FSX. It runs fine on my cheap PC that cost all of
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Not sure this is the right place for it but here's a shot taken in my local area using the default FSX scenery. http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1329685458.jpg

My only complaint, apart from too many buildings, is that there's not that many pine trees in Sussex. I'm sure it could be improved with some of the fine addons available.

I really don't know why people complain about FSX. It runs fine on my cheap PC that cost all of
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 pm

[quote][quote]

Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Wing Nut » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Golf = Walking for miles on end while drinking beer and beating the crap out of a little white ball with a big metal stick.   ;D

The single most frustrating game I have ever played... 
[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1440377488.jpg[/img]
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'