will you get ms flight

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: will you get ms flight

Postby Slotback » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:09 am

I will install it. See whether I can mess with the files a bit and put MS Flight aircraft, effects, and gauges into FSX. Do a few missions.

But I don't intend on keeping it long unless the quality of expansions are high or if they don't allow 3rd party development.
Slotback

Postby drtomkat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am

i will get the free download, but i know too little to say i will buy. i need to know more about scenery and planes.
drtomkat
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Boikat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 am

Boikat's=
Anything past that depends on how much MS is going to charge for scenery and aircraft addons,

ok ,that's something I didn't know darn ignorance! :-?

are you guys saying that the game will be some kind of freeware download and then people would start like a puzzle buy the airplanes and scenery ,that it will not come in a box like FSx/FS9/ etc?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 am

[quote]

Yup, no box, and the only source for aircraft and scenery is going to be through MS.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:19 am

[quote]Yup, no box, and the only source for aircraft and scenery is going to be through MS.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Boikat's=
Anything past that depends on how much MS is going to charge for scenery and aircraft addons,

ok ,that's something I didn't know darn ignorance! :-?

are you guys saying that the game will be some kind of freeware download and then people would start like a puzzle buy the airplanes and scenery ,that it will not come in a box like FSx/FS9/ etc?
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby machineman9 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 pm

If I understood it correctly the original idea was to have Approved Developers who will pay Microsoft for the privilege of creating their own addons. Providing they pass some sort of quality testing these 3rd party addons would then be available for download only via the Window Live! marketplace. I don't know how practical this will be or how many existing FS developers will apply for approval.

As with everything about Flight, that is quite contraversial...

It would mean a lot fewer planes, but the few planes we do get would be of higher quality. More of less versus less of more.

Surely they could charge for the plane on the marketplace, so the developer would be paid for their efforts. I believe XNA developers had to pay to sell their game on LIVE, but then they could charge for their game to be downloaded.

Time will tell.
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby pirate21213 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:18 pm

[quote][quote]Yup, no box, and the only source for aircraft and scenery is going to be through MS.
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:46 pm

It's already been stated clearly what it is, how it is presented (downloaded) and what will be available. Why all the speculation?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pirate21213 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Why all the speculation?

Mostly dreams not speculation.... :P
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby corcor123 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:31 am

Why all the speculation?

Mostly dreams not speculation.... :P

He he. Merp :)
be prepared 2012!!!! Image
corcor123
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby New Light » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm not going to bother with Flight for several years, if ever. Not after all of the time, effort, resources, pain and suffering I (we) went through to get FSX to finally work. I probably sunk $1,500 in programs alone, not to mention, the seven computers I went through before I found one that would run FSX. I think I'm set for quite awhile... I might think about Flight III, or whatever they're going to call it in 2022.

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jetprop » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm not going to bother with Flight for several years, if ever. Not after all of the time, effort, resources, pain and suffering I (we) went through to get FSX to finally work. I probably sunk $1,500 in programs alone, not to mention, the seven computers I went through before I found one that would run FSX. I think I'm set for quite awhile... I might think about Flight III, or whatever they're going to call it in 2022.

Dave

why did you spend that much on a computer that runs FSX?
we spent 300-500(don't know anymore) on the computer,the rest is all freeware...
well,ok,i run it at 5-10 FPS but there isn't much visual difference between 8 and 30 fps IMHO...
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Dave

why did you spend that much on a computer that runs FSX?
we spent 300-500(don't know anymore) on the computer,the rest is all freeware...
well,ok,i run it at 5-10 FPS but there isn't much visual difference between 8 and 30 fps IMHO...

A bit off the topic but the human eye is only capable of computing about 26 frames per second. A dogs eyes can run at nearly twice that rate, making them more capable at catching a ball than we are~
  More to the subject, FSX cost me more than 3 grand if I add it all up from day one, partially because I didn't know what I was doing. Now FSX is still costing me money because I think I know what I'm doing.   8-) 
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:33 pm

ok i have to admit:i am a freeware junkie. ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'