will you get ms flight

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

will you get ms flight

Postby corcor123 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:33 am

I've been hearing many disputesbetween flight and fsx. Tell your side here and vote! :D
be prepared 2012!!!! Image
corcor123
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: will you get ms flight

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:39 am

..of course I will.... :-*...!

I buy/get all sorts of Stuff!.. ;D..!

I've bought all the Flight Sims since FS '98, (including FS 2000, FS 2002, FS 2004, and FSX), and I still have + use them all, so adding "Flight" to my collection will be nothing unusual!

Paul... ;D...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby corcor123 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:47 am

Paul... ;D...!

I went to the 2012 ces and went to the booth and got to try it out... graphics are increadible. Physycs to me were too arcade like to me  ;)aling with the fact that I played it on an xbox. Ill still get it
corcor123
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:09 am

you forgot to mention in the poll

I don't know yet what is MSFT is about, so I'll wait

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby hyperpep111 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:49 am

you forgot to mention in the poll

I don't know yet what is MSFT is about, so I'll wait

+1 8-)
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby SamYeager » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 am

Getting the free Flight download when it's released to try it out is a no-brainer. Beyond that we really need more details. Which downloads, including scenery areas,
SamYeager
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby BrandonF » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Paul... ;D...!

I went to the 2012 ces and went to the booth and got to try it out... graphics are increadible. Physycs to me were too arcade like to me
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Paul... ;D...!

I went to the 2012 ces and went to the booth and got to try it out... graphics are increadible. Physycs to me were too arcade like to me
Last edited by alrot on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:11 am

Thinking a bit more more about the Poll, and my reply; "cant wait to get it", I suppose that, as the main program is free to run anyway, there is nothing to be lost by downloading it, and trying it out!

It finally comes down to; are we prepared to pay for any/all of the "additions" to improve it/expand it?

I'm eager to try it out in the first place...for free!.. ;)...!

Paul... 8-)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 am

It would be unusual for any FS enthusiast NOT to at least try it out ...

Like Fozzer says, it's from there that the question should be asked .. and until the users experience it - how can they know whether they will want to pay for more or not?

This question needs to be asked after release - and -  'Will you pay for more?'
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boikat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:49 am

"Maybe" came the closest for my choice, not because I haven't decided, since I will most likely download it, but as to continuing to download new additions, that depends on how I like the freebie.  Anything past that depends on how much MS is going to charge for scenery and aircraft addons, and the aircraft addons available. Though I'm sure they will eventually offer some high performance military aircraft, I doubt seriously they will offer something like a Battlstar Galactica Viper, or a Buck Rogers Thunderfighter, any time soon.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:04 am

I will naturally download it, mainly from curiosity to see how well it runs on my low-end system.

None of the poll categories apply to me. I can wait for as long as it takes. I can't get excited about flying around Hawaii however pretty it looks. I've never paid for an addon yet & can't see that changing.

I could be wrong but I see this as an ongoing project. I don't anticipate the whole World or a large selection of aircraft being available for download on the release date. That could take months or even years.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:22 am

I've no doubt that if "Flight" was to appear in my local Game Store as a full, boxed version of the Sim, the same as the previous boxed versions of the MS Flight simulators, and at a similar price, I would be the first to throw money at it...
...if only just for the experience of trying it out, and comparing it to my other Flight Sims...

...its what I do... ;)...!

Paul...with a house full of boxed versions of; "Things"... ;D...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby alrot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 am

Boikat's=
Anything past that depends on how much MS is going to charge for scenery and aircraft addons,

ok ,that's something I didn't know darn ignorance! :-?

are you guys saying that the game will be some kind of freeware download and then people would start like a puzzle buy the airplanes and scenery ,that it will not come in a box like FSx/FS9/ etc?
Last edited by alrot on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby corcor123 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:08 am

Boikat's=
Anything past that depends on how much MS is going to charge for scenery and aircraft addons,

ok ,that's something I didn't know darn ignorance! :-?

are you guys saying that the game will be some kind of freeware download and then people would start like a puzzle buy the airplanes and scenery ,that it will not come in a box like FSx/FS9/ etc?
corcor123
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'