Whats is going to be so great and amazing?

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: Whats is going to be so great and amazing?

Postby alrot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 pm

That depends if you believe that the beta contains any real secrets. The beta is apparently a release from mid-2011, so it will not have all of the features of the final release.

People are assuming that Microsoft have included every single feature in the beta, but they really haven't. Plenty of people are inspecting the software further and finding out that the game has a lot more capacity for features than the ones it is showing off right now. Those people are the 'smart testers' rather than the ones who just record their screen, put it on Youtube and cause rage across the world with their ignorance.

Afterall, the beta is a 'test', not an evaluation. And I have a few ideas about what exactly they are testing. Suffice to say, the secrets are still locked inside, away from the beta testers.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Big Island of Hawaii.
[/glow]

[i]Funny, I had the same vision you are having
Last edited by alrot on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby machineman9 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:41 pm

But Hawaii is just the free 'starter pack'.

The things you buy on top of that make it the game. You spend as much or as little extra. FSX and Acceleration was about
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:48 pm

machineman9 I can't say no more
Last edited by alrot on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Steve M » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:13 pm

So I wonder, how many young kids have credit cards or Paypal accounts? How many parents have 1 to 5 dollars left over to dole out for every new release? This thing should have been on a disc nearly in its entirety and then addons sold afterwards. I have a job so I can afford to be nickel and dimed a bit. Many thousands of people can not expand on the freebie but might be able to swallow a one time fee.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 pm

So I wonder, how many young kids have credit cards or Paypal accounts? How many parents have 1 to 5 dollars left over to dole out for every new release? This thing should have been on a disc nearly in its entirety and then addons sold afterwards. I have a job so I can afford to be nickel and dimed a bit. Many thousands of people can not expand on the freebie but might be able to swallow a one time fee.

That exact same thought is constantly on my mind...
..together with Credit Cards, Cheques, etc...
....how many youngsters, (and their Parents), I wonder, have access to the Internet, to be able to download all this; "stuff"?
It costs extra money for Broadband Internet!
I can remember all the various computers I had between 1980 and 1995, (Sinclair Spectrum, etc, to Amiga 1200), when there was no Telephone Line, and no Internet access, and all my zillions of Games and Software had to come from 1/4 Inch Tapes, and Floppy Disks.
If today's little Johnny or Jane wants to play a Game on their Dads Computer, with no expensive Internet access, they need a fully packaged CD/DVD, or they cant play it...Big disappointment!
I have always aimed for complete, fully packaged products if at all possible.

I guess that not everyone has access this magical Internet?

Paul...remembering the time when there was NO Internet, but we still played Computer Games!... ;)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby andy190 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Yes it seems fsx & fs9 will be around for a while.

Though Steve & Paul add-ons are going to be bought from the windows live marketplace so you may not need a credit card to buy add-ons, because Microsoft has its own currency.

You can go into a shop & buy Microsoft points for $50 & you get 3000 points.

Then you go online & activate them with your windows live account.

But it doesn't seem as simple as going into a shop & buying it on a DVD.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Excluding certain demographics is the corperate way to be!! :)

Thanks Andy for the info, but.. Those points, that you describe are 50$ ? Hypothetically. Its still money, 
Last edited by Steve M on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 pm

I understood that the cost of addons hasn't been decided yet. From what I've seen the average payware aircraft for FSX costs far more than $5.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I understood that the cost of addons hasn't been decided yet. From what I've seen the average payware aircraft for FSX costs far more than $5.

One of the unanswered questions, Doug, How much? We will soon see I suppose.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby machineman9 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 am

[quote]Excluding certain demographics is the corperate way to be!! :)

Thanks Andy for the info, but.. Those points, that you describe are 50$ ? Hypothetically. Its still money,
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby p-51mustangfanatic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 am

But how many times have we heard in the news that some kid racked up hundreds of pounds on their parents iPad or buying things on Xbox live and what not, isnt this going to be the same, you start with the Big small island of Hawaii for free then you say oh I want the u.k to fly round and I want a mustang and a spit, oh I want a 707 and I wanna fly to Africa so I'll buy that and then at the end of all your simming you get an email invoice for
Last edited by p-51mustangfanatic on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
p-51mustangfanatic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Boikat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:54 am

It may hurt the consumer's pocket to varying degrees, however, you also have to keep one main point in mind:  Microsoft's  purpose is not to produce a game or a sim.  Microsoft is a corporation that produces software, including games and sims, *to make money*.  It's "the bottom line".
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby pirate21213 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Yes but if you think about it, those are 3rd party addons, so not as many people see it/buy it, so they need a higher price to pay for the bread. Microsoft is Micromanaging all of the addons, so all of the available addons as it is will be for purchase only from microsoft, and since its in game everyone should see it unless there blind (then they shouldn't be flying anyway :-?) so there for they will sell more, and according to supply and demand they should lower the price (unless they are a cleaning bag  8-)).
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Rant over  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'