Whats is going to be so great and amazing?

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Whats is going to be so great and amazing?

Postby p-51mustangfanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:22 am

Hey guys, im looking forward to the new MS flight sim as much as most people but im seeing pics on MS's website and videos and im wondering what is so special about it cos it seems to me that it is just a new graphic engine for it.

could i not keep FSX and buy add ons such as active sky 2012 and all the hawaii packages and the stearman package and make it just as good, if not better than this new sim?

what i want to hear and im sure its the same as others is that they have new ai that has failures in bad weather or on landings, maybe police helicopters and air ambulances flying around cities whilst you see blue flashing lights on the road below, coastguard aircraft patrolling, military aircraft intercepting if you dont change freq and state intentions as you enter america from france or something radical like that

damage, rather than it stopping and saying 'splash' or 'aircraft over stressed' show it break up or cause problems, how can i be as good as the hudson river pilot if i just get told splash all the time? Bird strike on landing or takeoff or to ai?

to me a 'new' game should have 'new' features but all i see in the screenshots is a new fade of orange in the sunset!? is this all i should expect? am i gunna pay a fair amount for a full game in which its not at all worth it?

id like to hear other peoples views and suggestions about the game, to see if its just myself thinking this or if im going a bit overboard?

but my main question, is it going to be worth it?  :-?

(sorry for the rant)

Stang
p-51mustangfanatic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Whats is going to be so great and amazing?

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 am

....what I want to hear and I'm sure its the same as others is that they have new AI that has failures in bad weather or on landings, maybe police helicopters and air ambulances flying around cities whilst you see blue flashing lights on the road below, coastguard aircraft patrolling, military aircraft intercepting if you don't change freq and state intentions as you enter America from France or something radical like that damage, rather than it stopping and saying 'splash' or 'aircraft over stressed' show it break up or cause problems, how can I be as good as the Hudson River pilot if I just get told splash all the time? Bird strike on landing or take-off or to AI?

Stang

..those are the sort of suggestions which made FSX often unplayable on most Computer systems at the time...

..(and why I'm still using FS 2004 instead of FSX)...

I suspect/hope that the designers are aware that there is a limit to the reality, with the available/affordable hardware, and still make the Game/Sim playable.

Paul...FS 2004...(FSX)... 8-)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby p-51mustangfanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah I can see the issue

But if you get FSX for example, make all the settings minimal and play and then maximise it all you get two completely different games it feels, with cars and boats and better weather and scenery and I'm sure in this age Microsoft could make a game that at its lowest level is a basic flight sim but when maximised it shows a realistic and fantastic reality world to fly in.

Even the little things could add a big difference such as waves, in fsx you take off with wind calm in a sea plane and you land on water with not a problem, you change the wind and weather to stormy and gusty and yet the water is still a millpound to land on.

I get the point that there is a limit to what they can make so that people can actually use it with budgets but if your making 'new' you would want so much more for your money than different colours and shadows.

Stang
p-51mustangfanatic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pirate21213 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:34 pm

[quote]am i gunna pay a fair amount for a full game in which its not at all worth it?

id like to hear other peoples views and suggestions about the game, to see if its just myself thinking this or if im going a bit overboard?

but my main question, is it going to be worth it?
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby p-51mustangfanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Okay you say free but this is what Microsoft say (I'm sure you've already seen it)

After downloading Microsoft Flight for free, players can jump into hours of exciting gameplay on the [glow=yellow,2,300]Big Island of Hawaii.
[/glow]
In addition, players who sign in to their Games for Windows
p-51mustangfanatic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pirate21213 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 pm

[quote]Okay you say free but this is what Microsoft say (I'm sure you've already seen it)

After downloading Microsoft Flight for free, players can jump into hours of exciting gameplay on the [glow=yellow,2,300]Big Island of Hawaii.
[/glow]
In addition, players who sign in to their Games for Windows
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby machineman9 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Unfortunately, the only guys 'in the know' are the developers. The only information that the beta testers have received is the same info that the general public can access.

Just wait for the final release - it will be free to evaluate and you pay for the addons you want. It can't get much fairer than that. The specifics of the final release information are yet to be discovered... So don't be too judgemental so early on. A beta is just a beta, and is not always representative of the final game quality... In short, nobody will know what is so great/ so bad until release day!
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby pirate21213 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:10 am

Unfortunately, the only guys 'in the know' are the developers. The only information that the beta testers have received is the same info that the general public can access.

Just wait for the final release - it will be free to evaluate and you pay for the addons you want. It can't get much fairer than that. The specifics of the final release information are yet to be discovered... So don't be too judgemental so early on. A beta is just a beta, and is not always representative of the final game quality... In short, nobody will know what is so great/ so bad until release day!

+1  ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D ;)
Last edited by pirate21213 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jetranger » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 am

I think theres going to be a whole lotta sim flyers out there very disappointed, except the newer sim pilots who haven't been around much the last 8 to 10 years, they might think its just utterly super cool and the neatest thing since mom's homemade apple pie, but to us Vintage seasoned Sim Pilots, who've been around the last 8 to 10 years,  and are very familiar with all the add on's and which ones truly enhance the flight sim, and which ones are basically all HYPE and junk, I suspect that this new MS Flight will fall into that HYPE category and NOT be all that impressive - compared to what ?? I believe that MS has to HYPE up their product to justify its reasoning and being ,even tho its really NOT going to end up that great as a version of FS2004 or FSX  with additional add on's (aircraft & scenery)- but the HYPE will Lure a few into their spider web, and for those who don't know any better - they'll think they've found the IT sim experience of a life time ! :o :o :-X :-X
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby p-51mustangfanatic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:44 am

Totally agree with you jetranger

I hope when they release it we are all pleasantly surprised but somehow I just can't see it happening, I remember a while back there was talk of no more microsoft flight sims but now that xplane jumped back in the game I feel that Microsoft will make anything to get one up.

I wish I had known about the beta testing as I would have signed up, I'm sure it's too late now. All I have o go on is what Microsoft say (which I take with a pinch of salt) and what ideas and pictures they show us which are no dout hugely edited.

I think it's safe to say I'm turning into a gumpy old man when I hear about this new sim

Stang
p-51mustangfanatic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby machineman9 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:22 am

[move]+1
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

I don't want to go off topic ,but what is all that buzz about TOP SUPER SECRET thing ,WHAT IS FOR? How can you trust so many people make beta almost everyone and say don't reveal my secret

well most of the secret is out ..

I have a question what can Flight give us that FSX doesn't have  ....Graphics?........try another one

;)

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby p-51mustangfanatic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 pm

[quote]

I don't want to go off topic ,but what is all that buzz about TOP SUPER SECRET thing ,WHAT IS FOR? How can you trust so many people make beta almost everyone and say don't reveal my secret

I have a question what can Flight give us that FSX doesn't have
p-51mustangfanatic
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby machineman9 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm

[quote]

I have a question what can Flight give us that FSX doesn't have
Last edited by machineman9 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 pm

I am agog that a closed beta isn't testing the real McCoy. It seems to be more of a fishing trip for feedback. 
Steve M
Major
Major

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'