Microsoft Flight ACES Studio [Petition]

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Microsoft Flight ACES Studio [Petition]

Postby BHILL2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:43 pm

As you all may know MS Flight began it's BETA testing a few days ago. I will not moan or rant about how shocking the game is (I will let you all research that yourselves). Hundreds of people have complained already although there has been no official response from microsoft. We all will need to come together to make MS answer us and acknowledge all the complaints and concerns. Please sign this petition and show your disappointment if you have the same concerns
http://www.change.org/petitions/microso ... es-studios

Thanks
BHILL2
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Microsoft Flight ACES Studio [Petition]

Postby Steve M » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:19 pm

I've read up on Flight beta quite a bit. I'm not in the beta so I can't sign a petition until I have my own hands on experience. From what I read online just makes me more curious. It's like, what is so bad about it. And then I'm like, what is so good about it.  8-)

Like wow, its still so foggy to me. :o   
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 pm

You do have a good point  :o

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:46 pm

This far into development I think they WON'T be making changes the serious simmer wants unfortunately...
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boikat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Since it's only in Beta, a petition telling MS to change things at this point probably would not do any good.  Since MS has left the conventional PC sim market for their "new vision", Flight's future direction will be purely market driven. That could be good or bad, and only time will tell.

After Flight's general release, and people have had enough time to evaluate it, would be the time for some sort of petition, if needed.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby machineman9 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:42 pm

There's one key piece of information that is attached to any game beta or game demo:

"May not be representative of final game quality"

Betas serve to discover any small problems that happen in the game. It's one thing to test the game on specific and well-maintained machines, and it's one thing to give it to the potential customer to see how it performs on typical machines on a typical basis.

Just wait and see how the final release of the game is - As I say, beta releases and demos are not representative of the final game quality. The things that they test in alpha and beta releases are vital tests of key features. It may only be a segment of the full thing. That's not being specific about Flight, that's just how software testing goes.

There is a reason why there is a non-disclosure agreement... Because when information leaks out, people jump to conclusions
Last edited by machineman9 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby pirate21213 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:04 pm

The only thing about flight that bothers me is that it is hawaii only and has a lack of aircraft, I will pick up (or download  :-/) flight under 2 3 conditions
1.The rest of the world is either free or DIRT cheap
2.You can fly from region to region without restrictions/game boundries
3.They release an SDK
If my demands aren't met, I and many fellow long time flight simmers will not accept this "new" flight sim and shall switch over to an alternative competitor thus destroying your income and hopefully snapping you into your senses!

-Signed, Patrick Cavanagh and the rest of the flight sim world in spirit (feel free to add on)  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby machineman9 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:23 pm

3.They release an SDK

MS Flight is a free game, you just purchase the addons that you want. I have no idea on the range of prices involved, but do consider this: You'd typically spend about
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby Dave71K » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:31 pm

All this talk about not the beta not being representative of the final game is beside the point.
They have already announced the general release will only be Hawaii and DLC will follow.
There's the problem and that's what we want changing.
Maybe if we petition enough they will decide to release the full world in one go at one price and preferably purchasable on CD with the aircraft included to.

But honestly I don't believe it matters, Microsoft is obsessed with it's 'LIVE' thing, which in its self is a huge money making con and we will never generate enough income for Microsoft for them to take us seriously.
Last edited by Dave71K on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave71K

Postby machineman9 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Maybe they'll do a world-wide or continent offer for the scenery packages. It's a funny leap from the normal way that they did it. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. So long as the scenery, etc, aren't too expensive, I don't see the problem. It's more about getting what you want. In reality, will you ever fly all the aeroplanes that they offer in all the countries that are available?

A DVD release would be really good though. There must be some people out there who can't feasably download the game. No waiting on servers, no waiting on your connection, just waiting on the post man or waiting until the shops open to go and buy it.

I do like LIVE though, but that's from all my experience with Xbox LIVE (I must've been using it for about 7-8 years now!). Windows LIVE is still something that I'm still getting used to. It's basically the same style thing though... And the connectivity on Xbox Live and other Windows Live games has always been far far better than Gamespy
Last edited by machineman9 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby pirate21213 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 pm

3.They release an SDK

MS Flight is a free game, you just purchase the addons that you want. I have no idea on the range of prices involved, but do consider this: You'd typically spend about
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jetranger » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:45 pm

I'll be keeping my FSX Gold Acceleration edition ~ !  Tho, I was highly Disappointed with a lot of the scenery objects within FSX, for all the Hype & hoopla that went into the promotion & advertising of it back in 2005 & 2006.  I used to have an Amped up version of Flight Simulator 2002 Pro edition then sold everything and quit for like 5 years, and this year got back into it - I have sunk a fair amount of Money and a Shit load of time into FSX Gold with Add On's from Aircraft to scenery , this will be my LAST flight Sim  (FSX), for I can't afford ( and don't want to either) to keep Dumping money into new versions of Some Flight Simulator - just because it has some new aircraft and a new Tree that wasn't in a previous version of flight simulator.  I don't really care to dump Hundreds or thousands of dollars down the drain every 3 to 4 years, everytime Microsoft comes out with some supposedly New Flight Sim and puts out a lotta Hype and promotion about it, and gets everybody all Excited, then to find out - they cheapened it with "Child like Scenery" ( painted airplane hanger doors) - ( poor runway lighting) - ( deselate looking Airports) building after building all look the same - bridges that look so poor its scary  - and the Major change from File Structure - making it way harder to repaint Aircraft or fix files - Nope they can keep their so called New flight Sim "FLIGHT" as far as I'm concerened - especially if any of their scenery looks anything at all like it did with FSX Gold edition !!  many, many Thanks to any & all "Quality" Scenery Designers out there payware & some Freeeware scenery designers who enable flight simmers to at least enhance their scenery's  way better than MS gave us ~ tho MS could of put more effort in into object placement of structures and Design than what they Dumped on us with FSX.  I'll just keep my "FSX Gold Acceleration" edition with all the Add On's ( payware & freeware) "too much Invested" in it now to just dump and run over some new sim, that I believe will end up a total Flop within just a few years - ( ohh boy ~ a new A/C Tower) .   :o :-?
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby pirate21213 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:54 pm

[quote]I'll be keeping my FSX Gold Acceleration edition ~ !
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ViperPilot » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 am

If Microsoft decided to close off 3rd party development, not issue an SDK, and not bother to actively poll the FS community about what Flight should contain... what makes you think they're going to change now?

The folks in Redmond are concentrating on a demographic completely different from ours, and a completely different target audience. All we represent to them are supporters of a product that the EP of Flight, Joshua Howard considered as [b]"too obtuse, dense, and hard to get into.
Last edited by ViperPilot on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:42 am

[quote]If Microsoft decided to close off 3rd party development, not issue an SDK, and not bother to actively poll the FS community about what Flight should contain... what makes you think they're going to change now?

The folks in Redmond are concentrating on a demographic completely different from ours, and a completely different target audience. All we represent to them are supporters of a product that the EP of Flight, Joshua Howard considered as [b]"too obtuse, dense, and hard to get into.
Last edited by alrot on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'