The Pressure is Now On Microsoft for a Release Date!

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

The Pressure is Now On Microsoft for a Release Date!

Postby Spindrift » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Quote from: http://www.x-plane.com/news/

August 25, 2011

X-Plane v10 for desktop is coming!

We have now finalized the X-Plane 10 release schedule for Macintosh, Windows, and Linux desktop computers! X-Plane 10 will be available on Christmas of 2011, at which time you will be able to order X-Plane from www.X-Plane.com!

Well well, the overdue rival has risen to the occasion... mayhaps our weary beast will rouse it's mighty graces to the cry of battle?
Last edited by patchz on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB CRUCIAL Ballistix 1600 DDR3 | 500GB CRUCIAL BX100 SSD | EVGA GTX970 | TrackIR 4 Pro | Saitek X52
Spindrift
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: The Pressure is Now On Microsoft for a Release Date!

Postby Spindrift » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Wow... I can no longer spell... I guess it's from all the waiting. Release. One 'A'. Re-Lease.
Last edited by patchz on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB CRUCIAL Ballistix 1600 DDR3 | 500GB CRUCIAL BX100 SSD | EVGA GTX970 | TrackIR 4 Pro | Saitek X52
Spindrift
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby patchz » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:12 am

[quote]Wow... I can no longer spell... I guess it's from all the waiting. Release. One 'A'. Re-Lease.
Last edited by patchz on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:22 am

......and have way too much invested in FSX to just stop using it and switch to a new version that won't allow me to use my payware addons.

I'm in that state for FS2004..... on the switch to FSX.

So even if Flight is released soon....... it will be YEARS before I might be ready to switch... if ever.  I still have to experience all the crap that FSX has to offer (not that it really sounds like anything more than a headache from reading people's experinces).

best,

.............john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BrandonF » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:08 pm

I really don't think X-Plane poses a threat to Flight at all. The audience that will want Flight is SO MUCH bigger than those that have even heard of X-Plane.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby microlight » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm

I know how you feel, John. I've got to the state where I can run FSX relatively reasonably on my Vaio - but I still prefer to actually fly in FS9 not only because of the addons, but also the instruments: FSNav, TCAS, freeware FMSs etc etc.

This is for heavy metal of course, because there's little difference in the sims when your altitude begins with 'FL'. I rarely fly the small stuff...

;)
microlight
Major
Major

Postby Keep It Simple » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm

I really don't think X-Plane poses a threat to Flight at all. The audience that will want Flight is SO MUCH bigger than those that have even heard of X-Plane.

I agee.
Also, MS has the advertising resourses to promote Flight.
Keep It Simple
Captain
Captain

Postby Daube » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

You might be underestimating the amount of FSX/FS9'ers that are interested in XPlane.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby hyperpep111 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Every one is forgetting about flightgear, again. But M$ really should try and get up to people's expectations. But ofcourse they cannot please everybody

[center]Ren
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:50 am

Every one is forgetting about flightgear, again. But M$ really should try and get up to people's expectations. But of course they cannot please everybody

FlightGear suffers of gratuitous bad press syndrome, and even if totally free of any charge, the greater part of those who read said letdowns decided to never try it... not that having never tried it has stopped them to join the letdown parade themselves, anyway... I just wish people would NOT speak of the things they know nothing about.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Rocket_Bird » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 pm

In the end, it doesn't matter who has the bigger audience.  It's who has the better sim  :)
Cheers,
RB

Rocket_Bird
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:13 pm

In the end, it doesn't matter who has the bigger audience.
Last edited by hyperpep111 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Honestly, I don't give two hoots about Xplane or Flight Gear. They can frustrate people as much as FSX did. I still predict Flight will emerge spring of 2012. My original 'guess' was Feb 2012. MS is being quiet for the time being and I'm guessing it's because they are getting to much negative feedback and want to curb that before the release. Just my opinion.
Last edited by Steve M on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:47 pm

...I just wish people would NOT speak of the things they know nothing about.

I guess I just asked too much. :-X
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby BrandonF » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:12 pm

...I just wish people would NOT speak of the things they know nothing about.

Ummm....who's the one writing paragraphs about how "Flight will = disaster" based off of no information?  ::)

[quote]Honestly, I don't give two hoots about Xplane or Flight Gear. They can frustrate people as much as FSX did. I still predict Flight will emerge spring of 2012. My original 'guess' was Feb 2012. MS is being quiet for the time being and I'm guessing it's because they are getting to much negative feedback and want to curb that before the release. Just my opinion.
Last edited by BrandonF on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'