Crash Effects and AI Crashes

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Crash Effects and AI Crashes

Postby pirate21213 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:56 am

I think that they need to put back the crash effects, I had flight Simulator 98 before I got FSX (i know huge leap) and even though it had simple graphics, it still had a decent crash effect, even if it was just the propeller breaking, or the wing coming off, it was something.

Also something I remember is a button that said "land me" or something like that, and the computer would attempt to land it and it had speech on top telling you what was going on, it was like a trainer telling you what to do, its unrealistic but it would be cool to have.

Also I think there should be AI crashes, like a slight chance that someone screws up and destroys the plane on a runway and they have to shut it down until its cleaned up. Also the ability to declare emergencies with the "ATC" (I air quote as the FSX ATC its terrible) and have all other planes go around while you emergency land.

I also say this while strolling through the forums, was AI carriers Ops and Free Flight carriers (like in the airport page show the carrier and have a sub menu pop up to choose where the carrier is located and its course, or to have it randomly choose the course).

Also what would be cool is if ALL of the ground vehicles at the airport interacted with you (IE Catoring Truck, luggage, pushback, shuttles, those stair things when you don't have a jetway, etc).

I know this is like my first post and its a long list but I've been on FSX for 3-4 years (and 98 for an additional 1-2 ;D) so I've seen my share of errors and things that could have been put in.

-Patrick

P.S. Sorry for over using also.... :-/ :-/ :-/
Last edited by pirate21213 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Crash Effects and AI Crashes

Postby pirate21213 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Another thing that came to mind (even though its off topic) is when you start a free flight with FSX, even with the traffic settings all the way maxed, it takes about 20 minutes before its seems like there is any, mostly because there aren't enough aircraft being started in mid flight, so you have to wait for the aircraft to take off and land and such.
In a long run I think microsoft flight should start more AI flights already in progress (like some taxiing, some holding short, some taking off, and pretty much every other leg of a flight), that way it seems more like your going into it with everything alive, not having to wait so long for it to start up... if anyone gets what I'm saying... :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :( :-/ :-/
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.6ghz (HP speed boost up to 4.1ghz) 8GB RAM IPISB-CU (Carmel2)16X speed CD-DVD RW 8X Speed Blu-Ray RW ATI Eyefinity Radeon HD 6570 1GB on board memory Internal 300W Power Supply 21IN HD LED Monitor 1920x1080 Res 60Htz 1TB hard drive Trans
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Really, Pirate, you... or rather WE ALL will be quite lucky if the thing will be coded right and won't demand more power than it's worth (See: FSX) to run. :-/

I really do not see the point of going about writing what M$ should put in Flight, not because the suggestions are wrong (there are GREAT ideas hereabout, and I like yours quite a lot), but because THEY (see: M$) NEVER LISTEN. :-X

M$ never listened to us, and never gave the hint they would begin anytime soon either, so I REALLY do not see the point. :(
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby pirate21213 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:23 pm

That might be true, but it still doesn't hurt to see if anyone else is thinking about the same thing, because chances are if I'm not the only one thinking of it, Microsucks microsoft might to, I doubt it, but you never know. :-/
pirate21213
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'