What we wish: Better default atc and crashes

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

What we wish: Better default atc and crashes

Postby hyperpep111 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:24 am

I want better default atc because i was just flying thew Pairbus a380 and 1 engine was on fire then a Learjet 45 was on the taxiway, and when i was on final they cleared the learjet to take off and no prizes for guessing who was told to go around sadly i crashed but then, It simply said aircraft crashed and then reloaded to the last save point. And that is hugely unrealistic.
And that got me thinking if i got the full game would i need to get vatsim or another atc program for it to work properly? Would You like M$flight to have emergency landing options or something like that? I know i would :).
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Re: What we wish: Better default atc and crashes

Postby Travis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:18 am

What would be great is if they could incorporate an ATC sim along with the flight sim.  Have the option to operate a control tower.  In that way, the sim could instruct a person on how to operate a control tower effectively, and that person could then go online and function as tower controller for any airport on a network.  There are some parts of that which would require a bit more thinking-out, but the concept is there.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Not another wish list, please. ::)

I understand your wishing for things you'd like a lot in the still far away Flight, who wouldn't understand your point of view, yet you MUST realize that M$ has this annoying... habit, shall we call it, direct consequence of their almost monopoly, that they never feel the need to lower themselves to listen from those who usually pay them with their money. And not only for Flight Sim, or Flight as it may be. :-/

Better this, better that... no matter how right you are, you write it here... and here it will remain. Forever. Sad but true. :(
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby DaveSims » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Not another wish list, please. ::)

I understand your wishing for things you'd like a lot in the still far away Flight, who wouldn't understand your point of view, yet you MUST realize that M$ has this annoying... habit, shall we call it, direct consequence of their almost monopoly, that they never feel the need to lower themselves to listen from those who usually pay them with their money. And not only for Flight Sim, or Flight as it may be. :-/

Better this, better that... no matter how right you are, you write it here... and here it will remain. Forever. Sad but true. :(

Strategic,

Perhaps you miss the point of having the MS Flight section of the forum.  It is to post suggestions and desires, because YES, Microsoft has been known to browse this and other flight sim forums.

As for the negativity about Flight, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it, don't have to bad mouth Microsoft, and don't have to continue posting negative comments on every thread in the MS Flight section of the forum. 
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby Travis » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 am

Thank you, Dave.  Took the words right out of my mouth fingers. ;)
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:27 am

Not negative comments, chaps... despairing. :-/

I'm old enough to remember SO MANY other instances of similar wish lists in the past... all of them punctually sneeringly disregarded, if not spat upon by those who instead should have been taking inspiration from them. AND, I want to emphasize, I'm NOT talking only about the latest flop in the FS lineage, the one with the X, but EVEN BEFORE. :-X

As I said, I understand perfectly your point of view and your desires, having some of them myself... do you really believe I would not be overjoyed if the piss poor collision routines or the even worse AI (Artificial Idiocy) routines of the ATC would get a boost? Yet the harsh reality of the facts remains... our desires have been always, and most likely will remain, ignored by M$. :-[
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

It Will be the end of MSFS if they do not listen to us.

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:46 am

Woah!! guys (and/or ladies) calm down. I just started this cause I was fed up with the default atc. >:( And now it turned into an argument :-?.
Oh and by the way should i buy FSX gold, FS9. I am mainly considering fs9 is because of the Pairbus a380 vc. ;)But anyway...
I posted here because maybe, and i do mean maybe M$ would read this cause if we don't like m$flight, It will be Microsoft's loss and all the top freeware (e.g alrot, Libardo Guzman e.t.c) designers will either stick to fsx & fs9, or move on to make flightgear and/or ysflight we want them to be.
Oh and by the way I am an avid mac user but is Microsoft decides to do and apple by controlling everything that comes in and out of it only very few will actually stick to it.
But life is about learning. isn't it
Microsoft has started thinking that it doesent need the "small people" and as started getting
Last edited by hyperpep111 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 am

Cocky... that's the word... they are. :-X

And it's a shame. They only point to satisfy the masses of the deciduous videogamers... those who will use FS or Flight for a while and then will throw it away, never trying to use it as a simulator, but only like a game... and what do those masses want? Better AI planes? No. Better ATC? Nope. Better collision routines? Nooo. Better Flight Dynamics? I said NO! Better... ooh, what the hell...

The occasional videogamer only wants GRAPHICS, at ALL COSTS... and that's what we all will get... and you better shut up about it, or M$ will get worked up about it and could shut off the project AGAIN.

It's not that I won't like a betterment under the points already discussed (and beaten under the ground, here and elsewhere)... it's that M$ WON'T LISTEN, no matter what. And if we get too noisy... they might just stop and bail out of the project altogether.

They do not want to make a thing well made. They only want to sell a LOT of copies of a hastily and easily made program/game. Amen.

We all should vote with our money... NOT buying what we don't see as something made FOR US... then MAYBE M$ would learn to listen... but do you really see either of that really happening? :(

...and even then... they would simply shut off the project again because it didn't sell... they are NEVER in the wrong... it's US who don't want to buy... genuine warping of reality based on skewed point of view.

Mine is despairing... not otherwise, chaps... :-[
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 am

And it's a shame. They only point to satisfy the masses of the deciduous videogamers... those who will use FS or Flight for a while and then will throw it away, never trying to use it as a simulator, but only like a game... and what do those masses want? Better AI planes? No. Better ATC? Nope. Better collision routines? Nooo. Better Flight Dynamics? I said NO! Better... ooh, what the hell...

The occasional videogamer only wants GRAPHICS, at ALL COSTS... and that's what we all will get... and you better shut up about it, or M$ will get worked up about it and could shut off the project AGAIN.

It's not that I won't like a betterment under the points already discussed (and beaten under the ground, here and elsewhere)... it's that M$ WON'T LISTEN, no matter what. And if we get too noisy... they might just stop and bail out of the project altogether.

They do not want to make a thing well made. They only want to sell a LOT of copies of a hastily and easily made program/game. Amen.

We all should vote with our money... NOT buying what we don't see as something made FOR US... then MAYBE M$ would learn to listen... but do you really see either of that really happening? :(

...and even then... they would simply shut off the project again because it didn't sell... they are NEVER in the wrong... it's US who don't want to buy... genuine warping of reality based on skewed point of view.

Hmmm. I see your point (i Think) and as i said earlier They think we are sheep. Yes I do want it to look good but oct core (if there is such a thing ;) 20 gb ram and 10ghz intel core i8 or whatever to run it at a reasonable pace. And i also want it to be a simulator. Cause sometimes i feel like starting up on the runway doing a quickstart and putting the engine to afterburner and climbing straight up like a game. And sometimes i feel like starting up at a parking and starting up System by system following the atc and doing an ifr flight Like a simulator. And also can you help me decide between fsx or fs9 cause I currently only have the demo.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby DaveSims » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:07 am

What do you expect for the lowly sum of $50-$60 for a flight sim that covers the entire world.  If this was being produced for actual professionals, and not as a game, it would cost $1000.  I have no problem with constructive criticism, your posts are not.  If you feel so negatively about it, thats your right, but feeling the need to repeatedly post your rants on every topic on this board is not needed.

I have been flight simming for over 20 years now.  Microsoft and other sims have come a long way since black and white, and boxes for airplanes.  Now they are not perfect, and have had their misses, but QUIT BEING SO NEGATIVE!  If flight simming bothers you so much, find a new hobby!
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:09 pm

[quote]What do you expect for the lowly sum of $50-$60 for a flight sim that covers the entire world.
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Woah!!! I say again Calm down. We are all annoyed at Microsoft for one reason or another But this is OFF TOPIC!!! Although I like hearing Your points You have to keep your cool.
Oh yeah and I was browsing other forums and i found this post. And if it's correct I guess we are sticking to fsx. :'(
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby BrandonF » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

@Strategic Retreat

Posting negative stuff in every post that goes against Microsoft is not being realistic. Microsoft is not developing Flight....a passionate team is. That team just happens to be working for Microsoft Game Studios. It's up to that team to do a good job. Considering that there are some former ACES members on the team, I have no doubt in my mind that they are capable of doing a good job.

Oh yeah and I was browsing other forums and i found this post. And if it's correct I guess we are sticking to fsx. :'(

I wouldn't consider a thread based on pure speculation to be true.  ;) Flight very obviously has at least something from FSX in it regarding code. (yes, it looks much different, but there is something that says there are a few FSX code elements in it) It would be likely that some other internal code (nothing that has a visual effect) would be used too, if they are not rewriting parts.
Last edited by BrandonF on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:40 pm

We'll see. This I always said. We'll see.

My point of view is domesticated by previous bitter disappointments, and cannot be really all flowery and happy-smiley about it without stinking to nirvana of hypocrisy.

We'll see if there will be a feast or a mourn in the end (though there are people out there who surely will celebrate as great and revolutionary even only a simple and slight graphic revision). And this marks my last post in this thread.
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:07 pm

Strategic enjoyed seeing your opinion may the Force be with you [smiley=beer.gif].
With your mindset, humanity would STILL be living in caves.
  ;D.
I wouldn't consider a thread based on pure speculation to be true.   Flight very obviously has at least something from FSX in it regarding code. (yes, it looks much different, but there is something that says there are a few FSX code elements in it) It would be likely that some other internal code (nothing that has a visual effect) would be used too, if they are not rewriting parts.
I did some research on that and what he said was true. But as strategic retreat said
We'll see. This I always said. We'll see.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'