Do you think Flight will be more CPU hungry than FSX?

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: Do you think Flight will be more CPU hungry than FSX?

Postby Club508 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 am

[quote][quote]i've been hearing alot about 800x600 being bad, but really, what's so bad about this?
https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 127.jpgAnd i know that's 800x600 because I took it.
Really.
Last edited by Club508 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:16 pm

[quote][quote][quote]i've been hearing alot about 800x600 being bad, but really, what's so bad about this?
https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 127.jpgAnd i know that's 800x600 because I took it.
Really.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby JBaymore » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm

M$flight Has nice looking trees (3d). So displaywise it is allot better than the current

Let me get this right, are you saying that the presence of 3-D trees will make a new sim "a lot better"?

best,

...........john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Club508 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:35 pm

M$flight Has nice looking trees (3d). So displaywise it is allot better than the current

Let me get this right, are you saying that the presence of 3-D trees will make a new sim "a lot better"?

best,

...........john

I would say that.  I REALLY miss the trees and houses in FSX, but I have to get rid of them to keep the framerate above 10. :'(
Club508
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 pm

best,

...........john

No... I am saying that the lack of the blue haze, better trees e.t.c make it allot better especially for a low flying experience. But at what frame rates? If i want to see good 3d trees I'll Go to the park.  ::)

Ren
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby BrandonF » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Yeah, I'm sure changing the blending in the sky texture has a HUGE  performance impact.  ::)

And with a modern engine like they are making, higher detail trees shouldn't be an issue.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby hyperpep111 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 am

[quote]Yeah, I'm sure changing the blending in the sky texture has a HUGE
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby BrandonF » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 pm

I didn't say it needs less, but I'm not saying it will need more. I think the engine will better use what hardware is available to it.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby lunitic_8 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm just saying I didn't have the best setup on my computer for FSX (Nvidia 8800, 2gb of RAM) and I still got 20+ fps with most of my settings maxed out.
8-)

I know I'm late
Last edited by lunitic_8 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
lunitic_8
Major
Major

Postby ArcticFox » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:14 pm

I voted yes of course. The problem is the game engine: it's antique and way overdue for retirement. Just sprucing it up is not doing anyone any good and flight seems to make the same mistake as fsx.
[ASUS P8H67]- [Intel core5 2500k]- [4gb Corsair DDR] - [Asus 560ti]
ArcticFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Al_Fallujah » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 pm

I want to believe instead that something was or will be done... though some of the new aren't really encouraging and give your words the weight of truth... one of the things I really don't get, for example is: is it that ph***ing hard to have shadows out of the clouds? It's not like other sims do not have them, and since a long time too. :-?

Of course I am aware mine is a hope borne from desperation, but... well... :-/

What really concerns me is not so much the engine and/or other graphical details and/or performances under existing hardware, as unquestionably important as these are, but the still not contradicted rumor about the aberrant decision to trash the once open system you could upgrade, adding what you wanted from where you wanted, when you wanted and because, in exchange for a closed architecture that will make so M$ will retain the complete control on what, from where and why you can upgrade... hearing this, I had the perception that they're trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel, where said bottom of the barrel are our wallets, and it did NOT fill me with any confidence. >:(

Remains though in our power to vote with our money, and if what they do with Flight is not good enough, we SHOULD leave it on the shelf... fact is... I have no confidence in some... for lack of a better fitting POLITE term let's call them people... doing that even if it was a complete mess and locked down in a totally blinded architecture, because there's always the "lovers of the new at all costs, even if it stinks to nirvana" out there that thoroughly ruin the environment for all the others. :(

You know at this point, I may just commit to buying it, just for you.
In fact I may buy two.

You are saying that if the product does not meet YOUR specifications, there must be a boycott. Further you state those that do not join you in a boycott of the product are something you would rather call names.

I am sure it would be a witty insult considering your carefully crafted spelling of a bad word. How original.

"Truly you have a dizzying intellect" -The Man in the Black mask.

Personally, I am quite content with the free market deciding if the product is worth it or not.
Al_Fallujah

Postby Strategic Retreat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 pm

You know at this point, I may just commit to buying it, just for you.
In fact I may buy two.

Be my guest.

You are saying that if the product does not meet YOUR specifications, there must be a boycott. Further you state those that do not join you in a boycott of the product are something you would rather call names.

Learn to read other's thread. Your risible attempt at a rise does not deserve other answer.

I am sure it would be a witty insult considering your carefully crafted spelling of a bad word. How original.

It's called "going around the censorship", FYI.

"Truly you have a dizzying intellect" -The Man in the Black mask.

Cannot say I recognize the quote.

Personally, I am quite content with the free market deciding if the product is worth it or not.

Was there one one, I would agree. KNOWING the ease the media circus has always made mincemeat of its supposed freedom for the good of the few rich, in a sort of Robin Hood reversal role, I do despair.

P.S.
I must point out that you added nothing to the discussion, here and in the other thread, only extremely impolitely pontificated on my supposed lack of intelligence (and I don't remember having done the same towards you, so you can't claim self defense) for having dared rise doubts about M$'s work basing myself on its well known past history and philosophies, and boisterously waved around your flag for Flight to be a great success regardless and even in spite of whatever worth it will have, so forgive me but I MUST ask... where do your interests lay, exactly? Please tell us all. We cannot but be curious.
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Al_Fallujah » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:28 am

My interests, since you MUST ask... are actually none of your business.

But for the good of the thread I can make an exception.

My interests are aviation, and things related to it, like most others here. Flight simulation software is part of that (yes I said simulation. I do not care if others no longer think of Flight and FSX as a simulator, rather as a game). I enjoy it. When used properly, it helps further my real world flight training. I am more interested in the technical side of its performance, not the graphics. But if it happens to look good, I will be pleased.

As for reading your threads. I have read what you have written. You suggested "we vote with our money", and that that others should do the same. That's called a boycott. You also show disdain for anyone who won't go along with you.

I, on the other hand, am perfectly okay with other people spending their money on what they think is best for them. Its their money after all, and I am not going to whine if they spend it on something I don't like.
------------------------------------------------
All censorship is not bad. There are younger folk that may visit this site. That is why the censor is there. It is best for the SimViation Community as a whole not to use such language. It is also shows a lack of professionalism and decorum. You seem educated, but cannot find better words to use?

More importantly, the fact that you not only used such language, and deliberately misspelled it to "get around the censor" shows a general disdain for the SimViation forum.  That disdain on your part is why I made wrote my post.

If you have a further issue with it, then feel free to PM me.
Al_Fallujah

Postby Strategic Retreat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:51 pm

As for reading your threads. I have read what you have written. You suggested "we vote with our money", and that that others should do the same. That's called a boycott. You also show disdain for anyone who won't go along with you.

Of course is boycott. IF the end product IS NOT WORTH, it SHOULD be boycotted, to make understand those who'd want to sell it that it's NOT the case to peddle mussel for oysters.

Or do you want people to act like an obedient and disciplined herd of sheep regardless?

I, on the other hand, am perfectly okay with other people spending their money on what they think is best for them. Its their money after all, and I am not going to whine if they spend it on something I don't like.

Of course you have to spend your money for something you like, and in fact I never said we MUST, but we SHOULD reward well done software and boycott crap. But of course, you seem not to understand the fine differences between the two words.

If you like a thing regardless from its lack of worth, I may be sad and think it a shame, but surely will never tell you not to do it. Your money is your own. Hardly anything to say.

It's you who doesn't seem able to recognize my words, making it appear you want OTHER people to buy a thing, be it FSX or Flight or whatever else, regardless from its worth and regardless from the fact they WANT to buy it OR NOT.

Just because IT IS, YOU MUST BUY IT! ...this is what transpires from your words.

[quote]All censorship is not bad. There are younger folk that may visit this site. That is why the censor is there. It is best for the SimViation Community as a whole not to use such language. It is also shows a lack of professionalism and decorum. You seem educated, but cannot find better words to use?

More importantly, the fact that you not only used such language, and deliberately misspelled it to "get around the censor" shows a general disdain for the SimViation forum.
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Al_Fallujah » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:36 pm

It does not matter if there are worse things on the internet.
I am not members of those other sites.
I am a member of this one.
And I would like to see this one maintain a level of decorum, as requested in the rules.

And just as I will not tell people to boycott, I have not told anyone to purchase anything at all.
You have made a totally false accusation.
Al_Fallujah

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'