Re: Microsoft Flight 2011

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Postby hyperpep111 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:18 am

I won't buy it if:

*You can't get free addons from the community developers like you always could
*M$ has control on add-ons
*It is more a game than a simulator even with sliders maxed.

I WILL buy it if:
*You can download free addons regularly on sites like this and other community Flight sites
*It can behave like a real aircraft
*It can have realistic Google Earth style scenery so that my flights can replicate real flights
*I don't have to keep spending money to get more addons.

The enthusiasts for home flight simulation are out there. I am not sure MS Flight will meet their needs. I would not be hopeful about a small addon company like aerosoft having the resources (which is $millions) to develop a good alternative.

There is still some hope that other sims from $billion companies may rise to meet our needs. - Or the community can develop ourselves 'Flightgear' - which can be as good as FSX if it was developed.

Well. I guess you ain't buying it.
Last edited by hyperpep111 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:32 am

Yeah. and if it goes payware people will start going mad and running around screaming saying that we have lost a quality game e.t.c. Ironic ::)

Be it ever so clear that I'm not advocating for Flightgear going payware, and actually, if it happened I'd be pretty cross. As much ironic it may be though, my consideration remains true. Had Flightgear not been freeware, but had people had to pay for it, it would have a much bigger fanbase.

Humans are stupid that way. ::)
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:06 am

Yeah. and if it goes payware people will start going mad and running around screaming saying that we have lost a quality game e.t.c. Ironic ::)

Be it ever so clear that I'm not advocating for Flightgear going payware, and actually, if it happened I'd be pretty cross. As much ironic it may be though, my consideration remains true. Had Flightgear not been freeware, but had people had to pay for it, it would have a much bigger fanbase.

Humans are stupid that way. ::)

FlightGear is open source software & there are already payware versions available. Flight Pro Sim & Pro Flight Simulator are two examples.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hyperpep111 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:48 am

Flight Pro Sim & Pro Flight Simulator
You mean  ProFlightSimulator, FlightSimPro, Earth Flight Sim, FlightProSim, Real Flight Simulator Airbus flight simulator. :) Very interesting how they market it in so many names just for more $$$ ;D.

Humans are stupid that way.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]  ;D. But is stupidity, ignorance and psychology. You dont know what you have till you lost it. But im sure if we work hard enough we can make it look like M$flight 8-)
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'