MS Flight X

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

MS Flight X

Postby F35LightningII » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 am

Lets think ahead about 20 years in the future. Hopefully by then, MS Flight 10 should have come out. What do you think it will be like? :-?
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: MS Flight X

Postby littlebenny » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:36 am

full 3D panoramic vieuw, gloves and socks or something that you can 'grab' the trottle with motion sensors etc.  :D :D

... or we'll all die 21/12/2012  ;D
just a pair of long wings and some rising air.
littlebenny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby TXGrunt » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm

But in all honesty, what are going to be some main differences between FSX and microsoft flight? By looking at the images, they both look the same. :-?
TXGrunt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby littlebenny » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

But in all honesty, what are going to be some main differences between FSX and microsoft flight? By looking at the images, they both look the same. :-?

the same as the diffrences between all flightsimulators : more detailed scenery, planes...
better flight dynamics, greater variety of planes, better interface and a special feature.  ;)
just a pair of long wings and some rising air.
littlebenny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby F35LightningII » Thu May 05, 2011 11:15 pm

MS has said on the announcement website "we're still early in the development cycle, so the fact that you comment on similarity to FSX is great!". They are obviously saying that once completed, MS Flight will be very different to what it looks like now.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news2
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bubblehead » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:15 am

Will there be anything in the market in terms of hardware (mobo, cpu, memory, video card, etc) that can handle the requirements of the new fltsim software? Something that will EXCEED the requirements as opposed to meeting the requirements. Up to this point even with an upgraded rig, I still have to stay at mediocre settings for my FSX.
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Postby Travis » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 am

No one knows (as has been stated multiple times) what the requirements for Flight will be.  To date, we've only seen screencaps and vids from the sim, with no actual system specs available for the platforms they are running on.  So it is currently impossible to give an accurate prediction on what systems are going to run Flight well.  However, MS has stated that they intend the new sim to be much easier to run than past installments.  How they plan on achieving this is open to speculation. ;)
Travis
Major
Major

Postby JBaymore » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:46 am

Whatever Microsoft lists for "requirements", historical evidence says, will likely be WAY below what is actually needed to ENJOY all of the stuff about the program that they will MARKET agressively.

They'll likely tout all the nice new whiz-bang stuff the program CAN do....... but unless you are Bill Gates... you likely will not be able to afford a computer to GET those things for many years after the program's release.

A long past history indicates this.  Why they suddenly will change that pattern......... who knows.

I HOPE that I am wrong.  I likely am not.

best,

...................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BrandonF » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Really bugs me that people would assume something based off of the past. It's been 5 years. Lets repeat...how long? 4 YEARS!!!! Flight isn't being developed by the same team and is being aimed at a wider audience. That does not mean that things will be the same.

Also, on the FSX box, it says "increased performance will be noticed in more powerful systems." What does this mean? It means that the requirements on the box are the MINIMUM requirements. They are not going to list hardware that would add up to be thousands of dollars and expect us to buy it. They are going to put the minimum requirements on there so that more people buy it. They'd also likely optimize the engine to take advantage of modern hardware. (multicore support, to be specific.)

I feel like I've said this too many times, but Microsoft did say that their past approach to flight simulator was not the best. To be more specific, here's a quote from PC Pilot Magazine:

...previous approach to performance was to maintain a long life over a five-year period (time enough for simmers to go thru two or more computers). This approach was seen as a benefit, until now. The side affect was that no PC could run it with the settings maxed out at product introduction. The new goal is to provide a fantastic experience "out of the box" on the first day......on your current computer.

Now you ask, why should we believe them? Well, a former ACES member did say that releasing the DX10 artist rendition was a mistake. It was supposed to be a goal for the team to meet, NOT what the product was going to look like. So far, they have not made that mistake at all. Will they continue this? Hopefully.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby JBaymore » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 pm

They are not going to list hardware that would add up to be thousands of dollars and expect us to buy it. They are going to put the minimum requirements on there so that more people buy it.

Bingo!  ;)

best,

.................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Steve M » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:11 pm

After Flight is released some of us will likely trot off to the PC hardware stores to grab a new set of atom processers. I fully intend to buy a copy when its released but unless it's the heavenly flight program it's promising to be, I can't say I'll use it much.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:51 pm

They are not going to list hardware that would add up to be thousands of dollars and expect us to buy it. They are going to put the minimum requirements on there so that more people buy it. They'd also likely optimize the engine to take advantage of modern hardware. (multicore support, to be specific.)

That in my country (Which is the worse out of law of the world) Calls "To Swindle" to lie ,to take advantage of the good will of the people , to trust the name Micro$soft and be betrayed ..etc

to sale something offering a lie ?
I will sale you and air conditioner system that can be use in a bicycle and motocycles  after you buy it turns out its for trucks? 
Last edited by alrot on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 am

[quote]That in my country (Which is the worse out of law of the world) Calls "To Swindle" to lie ,to take advantage of the good will of the people , to trust the name Micro$soft and be betrayed ..etc

to sale something offering a lie ?
[i]I will sale you and air conditioner system that can be use in a bicycle and motocycles
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby alrot » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Nothing new under the sun.

indeed

[quote]FSX Minimum System Requirements
Last edited by alrot on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Steve M » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Nothing new under the sun.

indeed

[quote]FSX Minimum System Requirements
Last edited by Steve M on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve M
Major
Major

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'