May FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: May FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

Postby BrandonF » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:46 pm

I have actually little to add to Daube's answer, beside pointing out a pair of problems.

What A surprise.

Are we going to discuss the newness of the sim engine on how things ONLY LOOKING at static screenshots?

You have a little idea of how preposterous that kind of discussion would sound, right? :-?

You may not know this, but there are a few in-game videos of Flight as well.

And let's not forget that this is not the first time they promised heaven, only to send everything to hell down the line, in the past.

It becomes increasingly difficult to believe the sometimes bombastic boasts about the greatness of their code, when the results we have under our eyes is something like FSX. Suspicion and distrust is something THEY seeded among the users, not anyone of us.

And let's not forget that Flight is not known as Flight Simulator anymore, so they have a chance to start over and change their past, as they did from Windows Vista to Windows 7. (Vista = bad, 7 = good)

The quoted statement has left me open mouthed... enough to make me pose you a SERIOUS question: forgive me, are you a M$ shareholder?

I am not part of Microsoft in any way, and I'm sure that if I was, I wouldn't even be able to answer that question. Add-on developers just like to look at things from a realistic point of view. I had read on avsim a while back that when Phil Taylor was still posting on there, he said that FSX was not old as many had thought, but instead had the core files updated and was running on more modern technology. NOT on old code like many think. Wish I could find that original post.

Answer to your startling claim above: Why do you need to buy a new car, when you can MODERNIZE your old and knackered one?

Not a good analogy. It is a hobby of people to fix/modernize old cars. Doesn't apply to flight sims that well.
Last edited by BrandonF on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonF
Major
Major

Re: May FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:22 pm

I didn't want to compound, but you left yourself open so clearly...

And let's not forget that Flight is not known as Flight Simulator anymore, so they have a chance to start over and change their past, as they did from Windows Vista to Windows 7. (Vista = bad, 7 = good)

You either do not know what you're talking about or are guilty to know it too well, but choose to forget. Like no one hereabout knows that Windows 7 is exactly how Win Vista SHOULD have been had M$ not been in a rush to get it prematurely out and collect urgent money from the poor saps who bought it.

I'm not saying wanting to make money is a bad thing. It BECOMES a bad thing according to the methods employed, and to abuse of your customers' trust IS NOT a nice thing, AT ALL. AND please DON'T START saying this has nothing to do with what we were discussing about, it was YOU who went on a tangent.

[quote]Not a good analogy. It is a hobby of people to fix/modernize old cars. Doesn't apply to flight sims that well.
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'