Couple more ideas I had

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Couple more ideas I had

Postby DaveSims » Sun May 08, 2011 1:31 pm

1.  Add WAAS ability for the GPS.  For those of you who don't know, WAAS provides vertical guidance to a GPS approach, much like an ILS.  These approaches are becoming more and more common, as they don't require the ground equipment required for an ILS.

2.  When filing a flight plan, allow you to select a gate for the destination, much like you can for the departure.  That way you can select what gate you will be directed to on landing, instead of a random gate.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Re: Couple more ideas I had

Postby Travis » Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Your first suggestion sounds good, and probably wouldn't require much extra programming.  In fact, I'm curious as to whether you could accomplish this with XML programming for FS9/X.

But for your second suggestion, as far as I know, you get directed to the gate by Ground once you exit the runway, just like FS has always done.  Or am I missing something here?
Travis
Major
Major

Postby DaveSims » Tue May 10, 2011 9:00 pm

I am just intending that you could select the gate when filing your flight plan.  Most airlines know where their aircraft is going when they land, long before they land.  I get aggravated sometimes when I land, then ATC sends me to a gate way far away, sometimes not even at the terminal.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Wed May 11, 2011 5:53 am

As far as I know, in FSX (and perhaps even in FS9), the gates can be assigned to companies, so the ATC directs you to one of the gates corresponding to your company. It will direct you to a random one only if you have a "unknown" company or if the airport is not defined correctly (like, default airport for example)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Strategic Retreat » Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 am

The GPS approach vertical guidance would be easily enough implemented... changing the default GPS with one programmed in such a way that it CAN. I would actually buy a payware GPS add-on for my FS9, if there was one.

Your second request can be worked around editing the AFCAD of the destination airport, assigning inside the AFCAD editor the gates you know in real life assigned to a given airline to said airline in the sim too...

...and if it doesn't work either or you don't know how to do it... do a favor to yourself and stop using that half a$$ed attempt at artificial stupidity called "default ATC". ::)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Wed May 11, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby DaveSims » Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Sorry guys, but I think you are missing my point on the second request.
Last edited by DaveSims on Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Wed May 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Frankly I do not see the point of being able to choose your arrival gate or parking, but tastes are tastes. :-?
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'