What we wish: Realism + Weather

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: What we wish: Realism + Weather

Postby Fozzer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:52 am

[quote]I run Win XP as well, and won't be upgrading this rig I have EVER, since it's already older than damn near anyone else's I know of.

Anyway, getting back on topic:

Most of the world (with the exception of California and the largest cities) was half-cooked in both of the last two sim instalments, mostly because the designers couldn't spend five years creating it and refining it to map out each town in the world.

Although that is a bit strange, since most (non-commercial) pilots tend to utilize ground-based waypoints as their guides when not using GPS or frequency locators.
Last edited by Fozzer on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby gtirob01 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Cloud shadows on the ground. This is absolutely possible as I believe the guys at REX were already working on it.

Also, would love to see a coastline that doesnt cut right through the middle of a city! Im sure you all know what I mean.
My specs... A hard drive, motherboard, graphics card, some memory, a keyboard, mouse, and monitor - in other words, nothing special.

My Posky
gtirob01
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:52 pm

[quote][quote]I run Win XP as well, and won't be upgrading this rig I have EVER, since it's already older than damn near anyone else's I know of.

Anyway, getting back on topic:

Most of the world (with the exception of California and the largest cities) was half-cooked in both of the last two sim instalments, mostly because the designers couldn't spend five years creating it and refining it to map out each town in the world.

Although that is a bit strange, since most (non-commercial) pilots tend to utilize ground-based waypoints as their guides when not using GPS or frequency locators.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Boikat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:15 am

True orbital capability would be nice too, assuming that once in orbit, you can still maneuver using attitude jets and retro rockets, and de-orbit.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby SeanTK » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Occasional streakers on the runway. Would liven up a flight quite a bit.
Last edited by SeanTK on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanTK

Postby DaveSims » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:59 pm

How about better winter flying conditions?  By that I mean ice on the aircraft, and realistic snow and ice conditions at the airport.  I wonder if it would be possible to include airfield NOTAM conditions in the real weather download from Jeppeson.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby Travis » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:50 am

Ability to experience lost comms AND have the tower use the light gun for clearances. (likely not going to happen)

Actually, I think this is totally possible.  It would only require that MS spend a little time creating a dedicated flight operations part of the sim, as one person already suggested.  The coding wouldn't have to be changed much to accommodate this.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Boikat » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Guy wires and power lines, just to make things interesting when you try to fly a slalom between the power line masts or use radio towers as pylons for your Red Bull practice.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby drbob777 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Hopefully a better trim effect. Maybe I just don't understand how it works in the sim but it just feels so wrong.
drbob777
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Travis » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:01 am

Actually, I don't get the trim right very often, and I actually have a license . . . so don't feel bad about it. ::)
Travis
Major
Major

Postby drbob777 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:15 am

Actually, I don't get the trim right very often, and I actually have a license . . . so don't feel bad about it. ::)

I have 28 hours, I know its a sim but It does feel so weird trying to trim for landing in a C172, but hey it is just a sim after all

I have to laugh while doing touch and goes in FSX, having to reduce trim down dramatically after takeoff, if you let go of the yoke your practically pointed up 90 degrees.
drbob777
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Romflyer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 pm

I have 28 hours, I know its a sim but It does feel so weird trying to trim for landing in a C172, but hey it is just a sim after all

I have to laugh while doing touch and goes in FSX, having to reduce trim down dramatically after takeoff, if you let go of the yoke your practically pointed up 90 degrees.

I'm not really clear on what it is that you dont like about this.....if you are configured for an approach (power,trim,flaps,etc.) and then you dramatically change your throttle settings (touch and go, or a go-around) then holding down the nose of the aircraft IS a handfull  :o  it's a very dangerous transition of flight which requires firm forward pressure on the control column and alot of trim adjustment to relieve the pressure......it's a technique which needs to be practiced and mastered......and in my opinion it is modeled fairly well in the FS sims.
Romflyer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby littlebenny » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:03 am

real ridge- and wavelift would be nice and thermals that make cumuli  :D
just a pair of long wings and some rising air.
littlebenny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby patchz » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:44 am

I would like to see a military jet come up beside me when I have entered a restricted area after ignoring ATC's instructions to change course. But it would be nice to be able to turn it off when you don't want it.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby patchz » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Doug (Flying Trucker) just came up with another thought. When landing on a dirt strip with prop reverse, it would be nice to see the dust fly, like my edit of the Caribou.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'