what we wish: actual thrust-vector VTOL modeling + others

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

what we wish: actual thrust-vector VTOL modeling + others

Postby Moach » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 pm

well this is an oldy, but quite sure a most-requested

FS (well, now just "F") needs, and has needed for some time to get some proper support for VTOL operations

right now, we have either plane or chopper - what we're asking for, is basically, everything in between  ::)

i'd say: just put in a bell tilt-rotor as a default aircraft and let that be the open door for all the possibilities it opens for addon makers  :D

a few other random requests on my list would be:

- proper in-cloud effects (like the IL2 series)
- more "lively" failures such as engine fires and popping tires
- full weather overcast conditions that don't beat your system down to 2fps
- boarding stairs along with gate service trucks on gates where there are no jetways + the "follow-me" truck for progressive taxi (and make them always appear where i'm parked, regardless of density settings, why not?)
- hire/buy/abduct the authors of FSPassengers and integrate it as another alternative to free-flight and missions
- let us open a map without pausing the game... we can't memorize all our VOR frequencies, can we?
- remove the need for us to buy a top-notch rig 2 years AFTER the release of the game so it can look even half as good as it does printed on the back of the box

other wishes like ATC emergency and airpeed handling have already been mentioned, no point in hitting that nail once again, right?

with that, just "make it awesome" - i'm already looking forward to this  :)

cheerz!
If nature wanted a man to fly - It would have given him more money
Moach
Captain
Captain

Re: what we wish: actual thrust-vector VTOL modeling + others

Postby Travis » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Well, its a good thing you don't want too much . . . ;D

Seriously, those are some good requests.  I am all for the VTOL thing, although a few payware products (specifically Wilco's BAE-609 and AlphaSim's Osprey), but it would be nice to have that capability intrinsic to the sim, so that designers wouldn't have to go through all the hair pulling and teeth grinding to get it done.

The follow-me truck is a great one, although Foz will get a little miffed if we take away his purple paintcan . . . ;)  But I think a truck that meets you out at the runway or at the gate would be perfect.  Or perhaps progressive taxi instructions ("N745CC, turn right next taxiway.") at smaller, less crowded airports.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Moach » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:30 pm

yeah, could be like:

heavy jets (ATC "heavy" or whatever gets sent to the big boys' gates) get the follow-me truck AND an animated marshaller (guy that goes: [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]) to guide into parking...
smaller planes may get the less-troublesome "turn next taxiway" treatment...

the good 'ole "visual progressive taxi" could still be available as a piloting aid (like the approach guides), ideally, independent of ATC comms  ::)
If nature wanted a man to fly - It would have given him more money
Moach
Captain
Captain

Postby Travis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:39 am

As well as without the annoying "I don't know where I am" purple stripes that have been the standard since FS8.

I would love to be able to leave my parking spot and be directed, not by ATC, but by a follow-truck that could point me in the right direction an then go home once I was at the threshold.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby F35LightningII » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Another good thing would be if jetways could attach to 2 doors at once like in real life.
Last edited by F35LightningII on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'