Easter eggs

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Easter eggs

Postby Steve M » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Those little surprises that every one loves to find.
There should be plenty of them. And they should look impressive.
I think this is where animals on the runway would tie in nicely.
Maybe a very realistic volcano that only erupts at certain times.
Any wishes of your own?
Last edited by Steve M on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve M
Major
Major

Re: Easter eggs

Postby jlab58 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:20 pm

i love to crank up air trafic and fly with the enable accidents with other airplanes box check in.and from time to time i got stupid pilots coming in my face, coming in or coming out and around airports. just to add some fun.
jlab58
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby BrandonF » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 pm

-More helicopters!!!  :D  (MD500, R44, R66, Bell 205, etc)

-More realistic helicopter flight dynamics.

-Sloped runways

-Declare emergency option in ATC

-Cloud shadows

-better ground/environment textures

-Performance!!! No 5-8 fps in the LA area. No matter where you fly, the FPS are reasonable on modern computers, not ones from 2016!  ;D

-Impro....

OK, lets face it. The whole thing needs to be improved!!  ;D

8-)
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:31 pm

i love to crank up air trafic and fly with the enable accidents with other airplanes box check in.and from time to time i got stupid pilots coming in my face, coming in or coming out and around airports. just to add some fun.

I think it would be fun to find area specific eggs. Nonpublished eggs. Like flying into a remote northern lake and seeing a hundred Canada geese swimming around in your aproach path.
;)
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby RaptorF22 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 pm

I think it would be cool to have date/time/year specific events and Easter eggs.
And maybe stuff like if you turn back the clock it would be sepia and the scenery would be era-specific. It would be awesome to fly across the great plains and see thousands of mustangs running across the seas of grass.
Or to have things like events in aviation history, witnessing the Wright Flyer making it's first journey into the sky, flying with Lindburgh on his trans-Atlantic first, being a chase plane for Chuck Yeager as he breaks the infamous sound-barrier. :)
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby f-35simpilot » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I want to come across special aircraft, with a crap load of luck you can come across her... you know what i am talking about (AN-225), see 1 of the 2 Lancansters still flying, All sorts of warbirds flying around from civilian airports (less often spawning than other GA) as well as Collings foundation shown accurately including their F-4 and TA-4 flying on occasion... on top of that the Few Mig-21's that are flying around the states can occasionally found as well as 1 of the only 2 civilian owned SU-27UM's flying around. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, and airshows!!!!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Carriers would be so mush easier to land on if they would just stop turning!!!
f-35simpilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby machineman9 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm not sure if random occurances (animals on runway and volcanoes) are quite easter eggs, but they're interesting to have regardless.

To me, an easter egg would be like flying in a British Airways 747, looking back, and seeing Richard Branson in the economy seats. Something along those lines anyway.

Yeah, having the odd one would be quite amusing.
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby Boikat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Besides birds, other  non-static wildlife also. Herds of gazzel and wildebeasts in Africa, wild horses and bison in the American plains..
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby littlebenny » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:15 pm

solar ecilspes would be nice on the dates and hours of the real ones as far as i know they can be predicted :)
just a pair of long wings and some rising air.
littlebenny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ShaneG_old » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:21 pm

solar ecilspes would be nice on the dates and hours of the real ones as far as i know they can be predicted :)

+1 on this!   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Frequent Flyer » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Just a thought, what about AI airshows in national days - a flight above Washington D.C. on the Fourth of July, above Paris in the Bastille Day, etc.
Frequent Flyer
Major
Major

Postby Capt.Propwash » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 pm

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html

my easter eggs:  Unusual randomly placed items in FS.... how about Titanic at the bottom of the ocean.  P51's or other aircraft and ships suken off the east coast of FT Lauderdale in the Burmuda Triangle.  Great Wall of China; Pyramids; various tidal waves ranging from just a few feet to something that is 2000 feet tall with white cap top.   North Shore Oahu, Hawaii - Huge surf with surfers in the water.  Santa's Workshop at the northpole. 

1 airport that you control as a gate agent.  (by hitting "S" you change views from the gate counter where you issue boarding passes, to the Jetbridge where you hit "SHIFT+J" and the bridge moves to the plane that is parked outside and the door opens. SHIFT+E, would open the door at the top of the jetbridge.  Shift+E+2, "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.. Flight [randon #] is now boarding First Class"; Shift+E+3 - "ladies and gentlemen, Flight # is now boarding Business Class.
Shift E 4 - boarding coach.            in the background you can see bag tugs move around and planes moving / coming and going.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby skoker » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:04 pm

A nice easter egg would be horrible fps.  They included that in fsx... ;D

Zing! ;D
skoker
Major
Major

Postby RaptorF22 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:26 pm

[quote]A nice easter egg would be horrible fps.
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:27 pm

[quote]A nice easter egg would be horrible fps.
Steve M
Major
Major

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'