What we wish: Aircraft + Scenery Design

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

What we wish: Aircraft + Scenery Design

Postby SeanTK » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Figured I'd try to organize our thoughts here since the announcement thread is growing ever-larger. (If the mods aren't ok with this, just destroy this thread.)
What do you hope to see in the addon design aspect of things for this new sim?

3dsMax compatibility?
Maya?
Good ol' Gmax?

And what about.....

2D panel availability?
Don't forget aircraft texture styles! (DXT5, .dds, .bmp, etc.)

Scenery....sloping runways? What elements would you like to see?
Last edited by SeanTK on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanTK

Re: What we wish: Aircraft + Scenery Design

Postby patchz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 pm

[color=#000000]I know it's not going to happen, but it sure would be nice to standardize textures and label small parts for us repainters.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Travis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:38 am

We REALLY need support for multiple design formats!

SketchUp
Max
Maya
Gmax (maybe . . .)
Blender

. . . as well as the lesser-known ones:

Houdini
Carrara
Cinema4D
Lightwave

. . . etc.  I know this is an entirely fantastical wish, but it would be good to get at least a couple of the freeware or non-expensive programs on the list!
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 am

Top of my list comes:

(a) Re-sizeable, 2D Panels. (Important for forward visibility, and easy panel modifications)

(b) Cessna 150/152 Trainer. (For all the "would-be" Pilots).

(c) Full Screen toggle, Moving Map display, (also showing all Pilots in on-line Multiplayer Mode).

Paul....G-BPLF..FS 2004..FS Navigator.... 8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am

Good morning... :)

Aircraft:
-if you supply a DeHavilland Beaver then supply it in all configurations like wheels, wheel/skis, skis, floats and amphibious floats.
Last edited by Flying Trucker on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Travis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:37 am

One of the reasons I think M$ wants to have an integrated Live account is so that when flying online your system will automatically download any aircraft any other player is flying at that moment.  This would be the reason all the aircraft would need to be available on the Live system, but it would preclude anyone creating their "own" version of the aircraft, which would in turn mean that modifying flight dynamics and textures would be harder.  This also means that those of us intent on creating aircraft for it would be have a very structured and rigid set of rules we would have to follow as to what could be placed on the aircraft.  As such, much creativity would be lost, but we would gain some standardization as to what small parts were included on the aircraft.  In other words: no more "10k-poly gear parts"! ;)
Travis
Major
Major

Postby f-35simpilot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 pm

same thing as before, airshows (with flying demos and a airboss frequency... And maybe the ability to be a flying demo) including arrival and departure days, fully active afbs all around the world (even russia with the bears)
Carriers would be so mush easier to land on if they would just stop turning!!!
f-35simpilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby alrot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Again , Protect designers Work

Gmax---->Mdl---->3ds---->gmax again NO!

Gmax----->Mdl
  like in the old fs9-FS2004 makemdl9 compilation

many well known designers prefers to wait the 45 minutes that takes to decompile using the fs9 makemdl and use this old format and still are using it for FSX

but its so easy to steal their work ,this to me was the worse mistake of all MSFS and there is a freeware software develop to steal literally Designers work 
,and if it wasn't unfair enough you can reverse the dds or bmp DTX 5 to 24/32 bitmaps and see and reinsert them in 3d max or gmax ALL in a single Same software
  this disencourage every one to do anything in this format
try to fix this please

remember People from Microsoft ,The successful of Microsoft Flight Simulator was that Not only people had a chance to feel like they were flying and airplane ,and people Plays a simulator like if it were a game ,Also Its because was a Game of design ..
  I don't fly it ,I don't Play it , I love to make airplanes more than everything ,and I'm sure that all designers would agree that this is another wonderful way to enjoy this Simulators..

and about Maya, Hell NO!  you can use any software to develop it ,but please leave the doors open to work in any Discreet develop softwares (3d studio max and Gmax)

You are doing great SeanTK by posting this ,because I'm sure that this are being read by people of Microsoft, I hope they Listen ,I wish Others designers from this site join me in my request

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ApplePie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:26 pm

I'd love for there to be better more accurate waterclass. I don't really like how in FSX the water is shaded like it's 150 feet deep right next to the shoreline.

I'd also like for them to expand upon AI car traffic. It's nice in FSX, but the cars only drive on major highways!
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Postby Sir_Crashalot » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:01 pm

What I'd like to see is a nice collection of single and twin props (make and type doesn't matter that much) and a few jets. Not only Boeing, an Airbus or Embraer should be nice too.

Furthermore on the scenery department I would like to see the wind in the trees. Not the stiff poles with green textures we have now. And some ground that's actually soft. So when you skid off the runway, you'll need an excavator to continue your flight.

A maintanance mode would be nice too. No more Cessna's flying around with 10,000 hours and no oil change...

Carlo ;)
Sir_Crashalot

Postby Travis » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Alrot, just so you know:

Maya and Max are cousin concepts.  They cater to different types of designers, but are made by the same company: AutoDesk.  The same company that now owns the rights to Gmax.

Creating a sim that is only modable through Max or Maya simply cuts out we poor scrubs and leaves the big companies/professionals to get the work out.  Similar to what has been happening with Big Business and Locals in the past twenty years in the US.  Don't be surprised when the usability of Gmax has reached its end. ;)

It makes for shoddy customer relations, but makes great business sense: those diehards that have been using Gmax for years are either going to bite the bullet and cough up a gross amount of money for a better product, or are going to stop altogether.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby DaveSims » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Sloped runways for sure!  Anyone who has flown can tell you most runways are not flat, and that adds so much to the look and feel of an airport.  My home airport has a significant hill on the main runway, and FS just seems so flat.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby ApplePie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 pm

It would also be nice to see AI trains every once in a while. :)
Last edited by ApplePie on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Postby matthew954 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 pm

As far as aircraft is concerned, I'd like to see more LSA aircraft.  Like an updated Flybaby, or CGS Hawk, Cessna Skycatcher, etc.  With the new Light Sport Aviation rules, I'd like to see it shown more on the sims.  Plus I'm also saving up to take Light Sport flight training.  I have found a few for existing sims, but not that many.
matthew954
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby fox18fox » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:44 pm

A "Padlock" system of following other aircraft in the area, similar to the one used in Falcon 4 :)
:-)
fox18fox
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'