What We Wish: Missions

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

What We Wish: Missions

Postby f-35simpilot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:22 pm

My turn, I would like to see a intercept mission (depart elmendorf afb in a F-15 and intercept a TU-95 bear) and a medium mission like land a seaking on a frigate, for hard, land a harrier on a rolling carrier!
Carriers would be so mush easier to land on if they would just stop turning!!!
f-35simpilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: What We Wish: Missions

Postby machineman9 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:52 am

I had/have a few ideas about missions or progression through the game.

One option could be to learn to fly and progress from simpler tasks (crop dusting, etc) and then progressing and purchasing new aircraft and getting new ratings and then flying light commercial aircraft and advancing to military or heavy commercial. Of course, this shouldn't be the only way to progress - Some people want to just fly a challenging sortie straight from the start, or hop in a 747 and fly wherever they want from day 1.

Another thing could be to have a far more realistic world. Have realistic AI built in (perhaps live flight tracking) and actual sorties going on at the same time. For security it is unlikely to be real military flights, but recordings of realistic flights would be nice.

Interceptor missions and boat landings would be nice. A moving deck would be very good too!
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby SeanTK » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:59 am

I hope to see the retention of the coastal/open water helicopter rescue missions. If they only add a few more elements such as moving victims, rescue swimmer, and basket/sling/backboard options, we could have a very nice SAR sim within MS Flight.
SeanTK

Postby f-35simpilot » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:28 pm

well for AI it would be nice to see the AFBS operate their specialty aircraft (ex. Beale AFB: U-2S dragon lady, Whiteman AFB: B-2, Dyess AFB: B-1, etc.) and restricted airspace (fly over whitehouse and be chased by f-16s)
f-35simpilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby XxRazgrizxX » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:05 pm

I think besides missions they should include some way to own a company...Kinda like FSPassengers but built into the sim and way more into the depth of running an airline...paying pilots, leasing bases, renting or buying aircraft, loans, stocks, etc...

The whole thing...That would be pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/user/Razgriz100000
XxRazgrizxX
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby RaptorF22 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:10 am

I think it would be awesome to be chased by F-16s if I went into DC. :)
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:53 am

well for AI it would be nice to see the AFBS operate their specialty aircraft (ex. Beale AFB: U-2S dragon lady, Whiteman AFB: B-2, Dyess AFB: B-1, etc.) and restricted airspace (fly over whitehouse and be chased by f-16s)

I think it would be awesome to be chased by F-16s if I went into DC. :)

That's when our MS (Professional) Flight Simulator finally becomes an X-Box/Playstation Game with Bullets, Bombs, and Hell-fire Missiles, for the little ones... ;)...!

..I use MS CFS 2/3 for that sort of activity/excitement... 8-)...!

Paul...G-BPLF...FS 2004...FS Nav... ;)... ;)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby machineman9 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:11 pm

That's when our MS (Professional) Flight Simulator finally becomes an X-Box/Playstation Game with Bullets, Bombs, and Hell-fire Missiles, for the little ones... ;)...!

Have you been on the Downloads section recently? They've had bombs, bullets and missiles for years. Only difference was that nobody in the MSFS world cared if you were doing a loop the loop in a 747 through the Golden Gate Bridge  ;D
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby SeanTK » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:16 pm

I think some (docile) military AI would be nice to see populating the various bases around the world. I think the possibility of an interception depending on where you are would not happen though, due to the fact that mainstream media would probably go berserk at the prospect. Plus, I think the focus is on an overall enjoyable flight experience that lets users explore wherever they want.
SeanTK

Postby Boikat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 pm

One thing I would not like is some trigger happy hotshot getting his jollies by shooting non-combat "simmer" aircraft out of the sky (Or AI non-combat aircraft, for that matter).  Don't get me wrong, I like seeing a fireball as much as the next guy, but not unless I have the opportunity to return the favour.

To that end, non-combat aircraft should be immune to "shootdowns".

Otherwise, if some guys in P-51's want to go head to head aginst some other guys in FW-190's, I say go for it.  Just don't shoot at the spectators in the hot air balloon... 
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby f-35simpilot » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 pm

[quote]One thing I would not like is some trigger happy hotshot getting his jollies by shooting non-combat "simmer" aircraft out of the sky (Or AI non-combat aircraft, for that matter).
f-35simpilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Travis » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:48 pm

More than likely, that could be solved by some intelligent coding and is not needed in the main release.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby JBaymore » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Personally, the whole "missions" concept is something that I could care less about.  Too "gamey" for me.

But I clearly am in the minoroty on this one.   ;D

best,

................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SeanTK » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 pm

I think keeping the missions is a smart idea. They can be interesting, and it'll give the kiddies something else to do with the program that may hold their attention better. We of course should still have the "free flight" mode for our normal operations though.

More ideas from me for missions:

Heliskiing helicopter operator - fly skiers to mountain summits!

Police helicopter - find and track a criminal (on foot or in a vehicle).

More SAR missions. (Ocean rescues, cliff rescues, etc!)

Skydiver pilot - take off, drop your divers, and get back to the airport as quickly as possible for the next load!

More backcountry/bush operations.
SeanTK

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'