MS Announces New Flight!

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Re: MS Announces New Flight...Thing

Postby JBaymore » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 pm

If the Aerosoft payware that I own is any indication of the quality they will put out ....... then their sim likely will be a bit better than Microsoft's will be. 

However..... again... nothing to really go by.

best,

...............john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flying Mouse » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:13 am

[quote]I suspect that the word "sim" has been drpoped purely for marketing reasons.

The general public equates a "sim" as boring, difficult to master and only for the hard core.

I have been told by a few people who have bought MSFS in the past that It is boring and they found it impossible
to land a plane etc.

We all know that is not true of couse and now MS wants
Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Chassis/ Corsair TX750W PSU/ Gigabyte Ga-990fxa Mobo/ AMD Phenom X4 965 BE 3.4Ghz C3/Coolermaster V6GT CPU air cooler/ 8GB RAM Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz/ Gigabyte GTX570 Overclocked Edition GPU/ Windows 7 Prem 64bit/ 750Gb & 150
Flying Mouse
Major
Major

Postby Fr. Bill » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:58 pm

[quote]Actual quotes get more scruitiny in the publishing world.
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Postby BrandonF » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Since I first posted in the beginning, I have changed my opinion.

Based on my reading, Microsoft Flight appears to have been in development for about 18 months now. Microsoft is officially announcing it now as a Beta version will soon undergo internal testing. Add-on development is supposed to be easier than ever, showing that 3rd party developers may benefit from Flight being released. Performance is the #1 goal in Flight and has been since day one of the project.

My final opinion is that MS Flight will be better than FSX, with more realism and better performance. Online flying is focused on much more than in FSX. Flight will not be a little flying game. It should be a simulator. We should look forward to it. (But still not get our hopes up too much.)

My post is based on reading many blog entries and forum posts with people giving inside information they are getting from someone on the Flight Team. My info may not be accurate, but I feel that the people who are being negative about MS Flight should stop and just wait. At the moment, we don't know much more of the big details other than that it has been announced and it's a flight simulator. Give it a chance. It may end up being great.

8-)
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby ShaneG_old » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:54 am

Since I first posted in the beginning, I have changed my opinion.

Based on my reading....

My post is based on reading many blog entries and forum posts with people giving inside information they are getting from someone on the Flight Team.

My info may not be accurate...

Sources, or it never happened.  ::)

Without sources, everything posted in this thread is to be considered speculation, and personal opinion.

No exceptions.   ;)

Even if Bill Gates himself came in here saying he "read it somewhere",
I'd say he was full of crap if he didn't post his source.  ;D
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby alrot » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:20 am

this whole this is confusing ,I only wish one thing ,MS think above all in the designers roll ,the series MSFS has been succeeded because of the independent designers around the world ,so make things easy for them..
remember the serie MSFS was ,A simulator ,a game ,and a game of design.. 

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby SeanTK » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:23 am

Going off of what Shane mentioned above, we have to be wary of people that claim to know "insider info" but "cannot recall/release their sources". Many times, people will say this simply to draw attention to themselves and act as if they are extremely important and should be upheld as a valued asset (granted...with no substance).

There is absolutely no purpose to people stating "I know X,Y,Z about this project because I am so well connected, but I can't give you any details to back that up."

At the very least, it's a tease, and at the worst, it's being an "attention whore". If you have information to share about FSX, back it up with factual evidence. Teasing users here and elsewhere with claims of insider knowledge is not beneficial in any way. The only reason for teasing us with "facts and hints" from an "insider that you can't mention" is to stroke an ego.
Last edited by SeanTK on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanTK

Postby Theis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:36 am

I know nothing.. And that's a fact! ;D
Image Bar by Mees
Theis
Major
Major

Postby Groundbound1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Going off of what Shane mentioned above, we have to be wary of people that claim to know "insider info" but "cannot recall/release their sources". Many times, people will say this simply to draw attention to themselves and act as if they are extremely important and should be upheld as a valued asset (granted...with no substance).

There is absolutely no purpose to people stating "I know X,Y,Z about this project because I am so well connected, but I can't give you any details to back that up."

At the very least, it's a tease, and at the worst, it's being an "attention whore". If you have information to share about FSX, back it up with factual evidence. Teasing users here and elsewhere with claims of insider knowledge is not beneficial in any way. The only reason for teasing us with "facts and hints" from an "insider that you can't mention" is to stroke an ego.

+1

Just like alot of things, those that really know can't say, and those that say really don't know.
Last edited by Groundbound1 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Postby BrandonF » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Jeez! Why do I even post anything?  ;D My point is: The people being so negative about Flight should stop. We don't know many details at all. If you have anything bad to say, I assume you guys could make a better flight simulator?  ::)
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby Keep It Simple » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 pm

[quote]Jeez! Why do I even post anything?
Keep It Simple
Captain
Captain

Postby ShaneG_old » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:00 am

[quote]Jeez! Why do I even post anything?
Last edited by ShaneG_old on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Keep It Simple » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:50 am

Are you the opinion police now?

That appears to be your job now.
Last edited by Keep It Simple on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Simple
Captain
Captain

Postby ShaneG_old » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 am

Are you the opinion police now?

That appears to be your job now.
Last edited by ShaneG_old on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShaneG_old
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Theis » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 am

Guys, guys.. Take a chill pill and relax!

Why all this speculation and accusing, and instead wait for it to be released??

Cheer up, be friendly, and have a laugh with each other, instead of all this unhappy, un-SimV like mood, like I know it.. :(

Last edited by Theis on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Bar by Mees
Theis
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'