Clean FSX, Acceleration, SP1 & SP2 Install!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Clean FSX, Acceleration, SP1 & SP2 Install!

Postby dennylui » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:29 am

I have a question that seems nobody asked here before. That is I have lots of addons installed inside the FSX folder and now I would like to reinstall FSX due to some problems detected. Do I need to uninstall all those addons first before uninstall the FSX or do nothing follow by reinstall FSX . I hope this could solve the problem. Thanks a lot.
dennylui
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:51 am

Hi Denny and welcome!
Here's what i would do.
Make a copy of your present FSX folder and put it somewhere else. Then you have your addons, effects, sound and textures.
Then uninstall FSX by using the DVD. Afterwards delete ANY FSX folders you can find, hidden or not hidden. In that way you'll get a clean FSX install!

Now, you dont say what problems you got with FSX! That could be resolved without uninstalling.
Try to make a new thread in Flight Simulator X pointing out the problems, then i'm sure you'll get some advices from experts in here.
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby coalpedlar » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:20 am

Very basic questions...
I am returning to FSX after a few years off and forget much of what I used to know.
I now have a new puter, an IMAC with Win 7 installed. I've read several posts about a clean install, service packs, etc.
Do those instructions apply to Win XP only? Or, all Windows versions?
I just bought FSX Gold edition, which I never had before.
Do I install the Acceleration disk right along with the program disks?

I'm confused, obviously...
coalpedlar
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Travis » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Coal: if you're installing Acceleration it already has service packs 1 & 2 on it. So no need for anything else; just install as you would normally and your sim should work just fine.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby coalpedlar » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Exactly WHAT does acceleration do and why do I need / want it?
thank you...
coalpedlar
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Travis » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Acceleration (as far as I can tell) optimizes FSX and fixes a large number of bugs. It also upgrades the experience by giving you several more types of Missions as well as several new aircraft. If you have it, use it IMO.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Flameout » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:01 am

Hello, I am new to this forum, and have a few basic questions.
I am impressed with the level of sim knowledge ya all are posting. I have been running FS 9 since it first came out.
So far I have lived life free of FMS's but now I am flying a Lear 36 with a UNS. I bought a Pay ware Lear 35/36 with FMS installed, but I think it for Sim X Steam.
Is the new Sim X Steam a stand alone version, or does it install with the previously released Sim X versions and the mentioned service packs 1&2 ? If it is stand alone, do I need these service packs?
I appreciate any input on this.
Flameout
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 am

Flameout wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum, and have a few basic questions.
I am impressed with the level of sim knowledge ya all are posting. I have been running FS 9 since it first came out.
So far I have lived life free of FMS's but now I am flying a Lear 36 with a UNS. I bought a Pay ware Lear 35/36 with FMS installed, but I think it for Sim X Steam.
Is the new Sim X Steam a stand alone version, or does it install with the previously released Sim X versions and the mentioned service packs 1&2 ? If it is stand alone, do I need these service packs?

Any thing that is from Steam is a stand alone As for Sim X I never tried it. Steam now has a version of FSX which is not bad but there are some minor differences But none that you would not notice unless you have been using FSX like myself for some time now.
The one main difference is because you are running through Stem servers I am not sure how much you can change the frame rates. And of course you have to have a internet connection.
With the CD'S OR DVD'S you do not need a internet connection unless you want to use the real world weather or to use multiplayer.
Personally I do not use the real world weather as there are far better programs out there that do a lot better job of weather simulation Active Sky products are just one. But they are not free. But in my opinion Active Sky Next is worth every penny. <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:25 pm

FSX-SE is installed in your computer, you can play internet connected or not. You don't use Steam for working the program, people sometimes is confused.
The few changes that MS allowed to Dovetail allow to run the program with any of the tweaks needed for the boxed edition.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Flameout wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum, and have a few basic questions.

Hi & welcome. :)

To answer your questions;
Yes FSX-SE (FSX Steam Edition) is a standalone application. I have both FSX Gold + Acceleration & FSX-SE installed on my laptop. Each is completely separate.

FSX-SE is basically the same as FSX Gold + Acceleration & already has the service packs 1 & 2 installed. I can't say for certain but think your new Lear 35/36 should work perfectly well in FSX SP2 providing you can redirect the install path to it. The best way to find out is to try it.

PS. I'm not sure which version of FSX you have. If it's FSX RTM (FSX straight out of the box without any updates) it might be best to install SP1 & 2.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gringo6 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 pm

How can you un-install FSX and SP-1 etc if there is no
un-install icon or file. Somehow mine has vanished, so
how to clean them out of the machine ?

Please help.

Bill A. (aka Gringo 6)
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Rao Shaheryar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:25 am

There is no need to install SP1 or SP2 prior to installing Acceleration. If you have Acceleration or are planning on purchasing it, the easiest way to install FSX and Acceleration is to install FSX, load up one flight, exit, and then install Acceleration. Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion - PC. Microsoft The entire package (both programs combined + joystick) adds up $ real fast, but with a clean install Improves FSX and makes it unnecessary to download SP1 and SP2. Hopefully I understand your question an and answer properly, thank you!
Rao Shaheryar
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hannah69 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:51 am

Hi Guys,
Successfully completed a pristine FSX installation with Acceleration, SP1, and SP2. Smooth process, no hiccups. Ready to soar the virtual skies with enhanced performance and features.
Hannah69
Ground hog
Ground hog

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam