to chris evans

FSX including FSX Steam version.

to chris evans

Postby jez2768 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 am

hi chris could you plz include the defalt tail view in all your planes as i find it esayer for me to fly. not tail cam view ,tail view with many thanks jez
jez2768
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: to chris evans

Postby jez2768 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

hi chris I do fly a lot of your planes and I think you do a great job
jez2768
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 am

Thank you however I would strongly recommend you do not fly FSX aircraft as if they are remote control models or as an arcade game.
Remember FS is designed as a 'realistic' flight sim for the PC. There are plenty of flying games out there but they bear little resemblance to real flight characteristics in my experience.

As long as you know a few basics like takeoff and landing speeds for your aircraft, use of flaps, the need to allow enough distance when lining up for landing, you can practice and learn pretty well.

Once you master the basics you can start to try more interesting things like IFR flights (flying from A to B with reference to your instruments) etc.

In general passenger jet aircraft will land and take off at around +- 150KTS (very different for light aircraft!) using several stage of flap for takeoff (not full) and then gradually bring in flaps to full as you come to land - again reducing speed to around 150kts, holding off for a gentle rear wheel touchdown. Think ahead and prepare for what you are going to do.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Roypcox » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:54 am

Chris thanks so much for the fine work you do for our flight experience!!!Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ReggieC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:39 am

Chris,

For those of us on a fixed income, thank you for this wonderful addition to P3Dv4. There seems to be something wrong with the nav/comms in the center console. I'm just getting bluye screen in the windows. Any fix for this? Tried to upload a screenshot, but was unable.

Thank you,
Reggie
ReggieC
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ReggieC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am

Chris,
I am referring to the new 757-200. Sorry, I should have clarified.

Reggie
ReggieC
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby bjmxc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 pm

hello!! great work with your models you create! been using them like crazy. I have however ran into a few problems. Some of the aircraft, I lose the VC when I turn my view around.. or when im looking straight it just suddenly disappears until I look left or right about 20 degrees or so. the new 757 you created.. I do not have any control over the surfaces in the VC ex... cant not turn on lights. or operate the autopilot.. or any of them from the VC. also, I notices.. the wheels do not turn on the aircraft.. they are just stationary.. looks like the aircraft is just sliding. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues, and if there is a fix. Also can not get any of the GWPS to work. I have your file installed in the main sound folder of fsx. Just had to ask you because you seem to know how to fix these issues.. thankyou!
bjmxc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:49 am

Hi guys,

1st I don't create these aircraft. I put together packages and configure them to make sure they work. With Posky creations for example there can be 15 or 20 different possible base models on some and finding these exact models for most users is not that easy. If you don't have the exact model it won't be right or won't even show. I've been collecting and assembling these for years and thought I would share. I also add
VC's, configure and add views, levels, etc, update/edit textures so they show OK in p3D4 etc. But the real credits go to the base aircraft and VC designers as well as texture makers. One aircraft will take months of hard work to make!! Hope you guys know that ;)

1st off ALL - 100% - of the files I upload are tested and only uploaded once I have taken off, flown and landed OK and checked visually.

Views disappearing: well this could be fixed by repositioning (Ctrl/shift backspace etc … look how to reposition - easy as pie!) It did not happen to me. What file exactly?

Missing gauge : probably due to a missing gauge. Please provide a screenshot. (just resize so your screenshot meets upload requirements. Probably a missing gauge but dont' know until I see the exact problem)
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby bjmxc » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Well all in all... still fantastic job on the aircraft! as for the files that I lose the vc.. its multiple ones..

uniteda320 and a319, delta a320, a319.
and its not right off the batt they disappear.. for me its about 2 to 3 minuets after taxiing the VC just disappears until I move my view pan around to look left or right then it pops up.. then as i look forward again it vanishes. as if nothing is there and I'm just floating.
bjmxc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:30 pm

VC just disappears until I move my view pan around to look left or right then it pops up.. then as i look forward again it vanishes. as if nothing is there and I'm just floating.

Just looked at the United A320 as you mentioned.
Does not happen with mine. I've looked at FSX Acceleration/P3D3 and P3D4
What FSX version are you using?

Did you try repositioning? (Ctrl backspace and Ctrl return)

Other thing to try is go to the aircraft.cfg file. Open with Notepad.
Go down to [views]
replace 1st line with this -- eyepoint = 68.69, -1.76, 3.60

See if that helps?
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby bjmxc » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 pm

no sorry didn't help.. infact.. it made it worse.. now I have to look left or right about 80-90 degrees before the VC appears.. then as I move it back straight ahead it vanishes again. In some locations it works.. for ex... if I'm at KLUF "Luke air force base in Arizona.. it works.. but as I take off and fly towards downtown phoenix.. it suddenly disappears.. or in las Vegas.. works for a bit, then taxiing down the taxy way.. it disappears. and if I start off at the default location "Friday harbor" it will not show up there.
I'm beginning to wonder if its my computer cant handle it.. but I'm not sure.

I tried another one also.. just for testing purposes.. the "Airbus A320-211 Germanwings" exact same problem.

Your a321 "American Airlines USA Airbus A321 IAE" that one works great, no problems with it. And the Boeing aircraft no problems either, just seems to be airbus...
And the original A321 that comes with the game.. works fine also.

I am using FSX Steam edition.

PS.. I really do appreciate your time and effort in helping me out! thankyou so much! :D
bjmxc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby IFlyJets » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:59 pm

cevans wrote:Thank you however I would strongly recommend you do not fly FSX aircraft as if they are remote control models or as an arcade game.
Remember FS is designed as a 'realistic' flight sim for the PC. There are plenty of flying games out there but they bear little resemblance to real flight characteristics in my experience.

As long as you know a few basics like takeoff and landing speeds for your aircraft, use of flaps, the need to allow enough distance when lining up for landing, you can practice and learn pretty well.

Once you master the basics you can start to try more interesting things like IFR flights (flying from A to B with reference to your instruments) etc.

In general passenger jet aircraft will land and take off at around +- 150KTS (very different for light aircraft!) using several stage of flap for takeoff (not full) and then gradually bring in flaps to full as you come to land - again reducing speed to around 150kts, holding off for a gentle rear wheel touchdown. Think ahead and prepare for what you are going to do.

Hi Chris,

I just created this account to give you a big heartfelt THANK YOU! for the job you are doing.

I check simviation daily to see if anything has been uploaded and "signed" by you.

Your packs are absolutely amazing, you along with Rikooo are my MUST go-to authors.

Keep doing what you do, you're a boss.
IFlyJets
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:12 am

Just a thought. Don't know much about Steam edition. But it may or may not require FSX Service packs for some addons.
Some of Thomas Ruth's designs require service packs with standard FSX. FSX Acceleration already has them installed. Don't know about FSX Steam but here they are if you need them. As Steam came out after FSX Acceleration I would be surprised if it doesn't include the service pack updates.

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... k&x=11&y=5
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:46 am

cevans wrote:Just a thought. Don't know much about Steam edition. But it may or may not require FSX Service packs for some addons.

FSX-SE includes both service packs + the Acceleration expansion pack. It's the same as FSX Gold.
https://fsxinsider.com/fsx-steam-edition-and-boxed-fsx-what-is-the-difference/

PS.
cevans wrote:Thank you however I would strongly recommend you do not fly FSX aircraft as if they are remote control models or as an arcade game.
Remember FS is designed as a 'realistic' flight sim for the PC.

I would have to disagree with you here. The attraction of the MSFS series for me (& I'm sure many others) has always been the ability to make it whatever one wants it to be.
I use it mainly for testing addons & taking screenshots in Spot View mode.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam