GFX Error after Acceleration DVD Install

FSX including FSX Steam version.

GFX Error after Acceleration DVD Install

Postby dean versfeld » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:29 am

Hi Guys,

I've had the FSX Gold Edition DVD's for a while now, and I've played the normal delux version for the last 3 years on my HP nx7400 without problems now. My problem now is that my HP uses a shared gfx card and doesnt have a dedicated card, so when I try and install the Acceleration DVD and run fsx, I get an error message saying that my gfx card isnt sufficient.

I love downloading new aircraft and missions, but some of them require the acceleration pack to be installed.

My question to anyone now is, can I get around this issue at all?  Im flying with the gfx between low and med at the moment and dont have any performance issue's whilst flying. Is there anything I am able to do as I would love to get past this point!! I've read up that I can install little fixes here and there for the missions and aircraft, but im hoping there is a better solution.

Thanks guys....

Dean
dean versfeld
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: GFX Error after Acceleration DVD Install

Postby EVVFCX » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:35 am

I'd say your graphics card alone is the bottleneck, just looked at specs and it said only 224Mb graphics card?

It also said 120Gb is largest hard drive it will take?

My small ish install is nearly 20GB so it's a large chunk of your harddrive if on the internal hdd.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Re: GFX Error after Acceleration DVD Install

Postby dean versfeld » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:39 am

Howsit Steve,

Yeah, I def know my graphics card is the problem. Its only a shared memory card and not dedicated, which is my issue as the Acceleration pack seems to want a dedicated card. I've done some upgrades on my laptop where I've put in a 320GB 7200RPM HD, and Im running 3GB RAMM, but the problem still persists.

Just wondering if there is anyway to get around this by editing the config files etc....

Dean
dean versfeld
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam