First thanks for putting these lists together, the amount of work to generate them must have been insane.
Unfortunately my FSX is stuttering like crazy after going through the FSX tweak and XP tweak lists to the letter, so I guess I will have to reset everything and hope for the best. These other issues came up too that I'm have trouble resolving. Again hopefully resetting everything will fix them, but wanted to bring them to your attention.
1. I tried to use Windows Update in IE to update my computer but it was unable to do so, indicating that Automatic Update was turned off. I tried to turn it back on to Automatic in services.msc but whenever I clicked Apply, it would just revert back to Disabled.
2. Every time I shut down, a box pops up indicating that explorer.exe is trying to close. If I don't touch it, it says that it's not responding. If I wait another 10-20 seconds without doing anything, it shuts down on its own.
3. Within FSX, in addition to the unplayable stuttering, whenever I slew and move fast, huge artifacts pop up all over the place and block any view. After I stop moving, they go away after a few seconds.
Running XP Pro on Core Duo 2.8Ghz, 1066FSB, 2 GB RAM, ATI 4870
You have something wrong with this system that has nothing to do with the list I posted
The only way Windows Update will not re-enable from the GUI is
1. You disabled services you should not have disabled
2. You have a virus or a bug
3. You have some type of corruption in the system
Opening the C drive and having a huge pause is not normal. I dont care if the page file is 6GB in size
There is something wrong with this system. Either this system has services that were disabled other than what I specified, there is a virus or malware running, or, there is registry corruption all of which have nothing to do with the list I posted
It is however possible this system was not SP2 updated correctly and the Microsoft low level SATA bug has forced file corruption with the use of O&O Defrag.