Alternative VC lights for FSX default A321

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Alternative VC lights for FSX default A321

Postby LANE » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 pm

I downloaded from Simvation the alternative VC lights for the default FSX 737 (Andy_C, Dec 11, 2010) and after converting the files from bmp to .dds, dropped them in the texture folder and it worked great. So I downloaded the A321 but these cannot be converted into anything. Both sets of files are "fixes" for earlier file release of this mod. When I last looked there had been over 230 downloads of this file so I'm wondering if I have missed something that the other 230+ folk didn't?.
LANE
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Alternative VC lights for FSX default A321

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi there. I'm assuming you mean the files posted on this page --> http://simviation.com/1/browse-Panels-60-0

I downloaded them to check them out & don't understand why you should be having problems. Both contain a set of replacement night textures for the default files. There's no mention in the instructions of changing the file format from BMP to DDS so this should not be necessary. (I successfully converted the files to DDS format but didn't use them for this test.)

This is the default A321 VC with the new textures.
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby LANE » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Yep it was the same download in your link.
The Default 737-800 & 747-400 don't
LANE
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby LANE » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:04 pm

PPS: My download hasn't got any replacement files. :)
LANE
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi. I used DXTBmp to convert the files but as I said in my earlier reply it's not necessary. Remove the default textures with the same file prefixes before pasting in the replacement BMP files. (Back them up in case you decide to revert to the defaults.)

PPS: My download hasn't got any replacement files.

Airbus_A321.zip should contain 4 textures named as follows;

Airbus_A321_1_night_C.bmp
Airbus_A321_2_night_C.bmp
Airbus_A321_3_night_C.bmp
Airbus_A321_4_night_C.bmp

This is what the Texture folder of my A321 looks like with the replacement textures installed. I dragged the original night textures into the folder named Hide to back them up.
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby LANE » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:42 am

OK Hagar thanks for the info.
LANE
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby victorpatrick » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:27 pm

It's possible that there might be some issues with the files you downloaded or the conversion process that prevented them from working correctly in the A321.
File Compatibility: Ensure that the alternative VC lights you downloaded are specifically designed for the A321 model in FSX. Sometimes, VC light files made for one aircraft may not work properly in another due to differences in model structure or texture mapping.
Conversion Process: Double-check the conversion process from BMP to .DDS format. Make sure you are using the appropriate tools and settings for the conversion. Incorrectly converted textures may not display correctly in the simulator. Rainbow Friends
victorpatrick
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam