Something Broke...

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Something Broke...

Postby Cessnaporsche01 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Okay... I just installed a second XFX 9600 GSO Graphics card in my computer, and have both cards running in SLI mode. My computer is working fine, but FSX (Acceleration) got messed up in some way.

The menus are fine, and everything seems in proper working order, but when I go to fly, the framerate drops to araond 0.5 frames-per-second, and all the scenery textures stretch up into the sky.

If I aim my camera straight up or down, the framerate goes back up, but that's no fix. Also, oddly enogh, this problem seems to get worse when I lower the graphics settings. This isn't (or shouldn't be) a memory problem, as I have 8 gigs of DDR2 400 RAM, and about 7/8s of a terabyte of hard drive space left.

Nothing I've tried in changing in FS's settings or my computers settings seems to help any. Has anyone else encountered similar problems? Is there some setting I don't know about that needs changing?

Thanx for your help.
Cessnaporsche01
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Something Broke...

Postby SubZer0 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:29 pm

FSX makes no use of SLI unless you're running extremely high resolutions and high anti-aliasing. Disable the SLI option in your NVIDIA settings when playing FSX
[center][img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1369006030.jpg[/img][/center]
SubZer0
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Running dual vid cards isn't always the answer either. Did you go through the sticky's at the top of this forum?
http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1208959973

:)
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Cessnaporsche01 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Well, I added the extra video card for other games, but I can't easily disable SLI. I have a BIOSTAR TPower 750 motherboard, so disableing/enabling SLI requires opening up my computer and moving jumpers around and disconnecting the second card.

Is there a way to make Flight Simulator ignore the extra card?
Cessnaporsche01
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam