Comparison Shots

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Comparison Shots

Postby Katahu » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:01 pm

Click Here

Each pair of shots are a comparison between FSX and FS9. The first shot of each pair is from FS9 while the second shot of each pair is from FSX. You will notice obviouse differences such as DVC gauges and taxiways, while you will also notice obviouse similarities such as cloud textures and haze.

Click Here As Well

This second link will take you to a set of FSX shots [no cocmparisons] and how the frame rates would look like and how the quality of the images will be AFTER utilizing the tweek that we have learned so far.

CORRECTION:

The first shot of each pair have addons in them. Some payware while others freeware. The second shot of each pair have only default.
Last edited by Katahu on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Comparison Shots

Postby Daube » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:26 pm

Wow !!
The increase of performance with that tweak is really impressive. And still the picture quality is far ahead of the best you could get from FS9 in the second link.
That's one very nice tweak we learned. Shoud definitely be included in some FAQ or something...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby wji » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Thanks for the link . . . I must check into this tweak further. I presume you're referring to the texture conversion from .dds to .bmp(DXT). N.B. Most of the images posted are 220kb in size.

Microsoft has had FS9/FSX comparison images posted for several months at their website:

Last edited by wji on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image PhotoShop 7 user
wji
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:21 pm

I know Microsoft already did comparison shots. I'm just posting images that us REGULAR folks take compared to what Microsoft posts.

As for the tweeks that I'm referring to, I'm referring to the tweeks that involves the FSX.cfg file as well. Not just the conversion process.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Katahu » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:21 pm

CORRECTION

Read first post for the correction.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Katahu » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:55 am

I found video at You Tube that demonstrates the frame rates of FSX AFTER applying the tweeks. Please note that the person who posted this video didn't provide any information regarding what hardware he used.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aEQfCBcrKmw

However, most of us here in agreement that you need at least 2GB of Ram, a Pentium 4 3.4GHz processor, and the best video card available in the market if you wish to REALLY enjoy FSX.
Last edited by Katahu on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm

That second link is impressive. The best set of shots I've seen yet and the one of the glider and towplane is fantastic.

I see they don't have a 500kb limit to their threads though. ;D
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wji » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:26 pm

The Youtube video was cool but without the framerate counter on it's hard to see how's it's working. It's a bit jerky (suggesting -7FPM, IMO) Perhaps, it's FRAPS or being stripped down at YouTube.

I have a few videos on YouTube but they may not be of interest here because they are realworld  :D
Image PhotoShop 7 user
wji
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam