Just Got it !!!!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Just Got it !!!!

Postby JBaymore » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:58 am

[quote]That means that instead of buying a nice new, shiny graphics card suitable to run FSX.....
..I've now got to blow
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:31 pm

Paul,

I think the new copy of XP is the least of your worries.  From what I've seen on various forums.... don't bother with just a card unless your rig is already THE top end available now.

You likely will not be happy with the performance otherwise.

best,

...............john

Hi John...!

Never mind, no problem with buying FSX, I was just concerned if it would not install without SP2 being in place....:'(...!

I would happily have purchased it, if it was capable of running on my SP1, but you have confirmed that that idea is a definite no-no...:'(...!

So...

A new version of Win XP Pro SP2 retail version is really out of the question because of its high cost in England, (
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby commoner » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:12 pm

...mmm.....continuing with SP1 is probably not a very good idea.............think of all those security "holes" that Mr Gates has been kindly filling with updates but which he has decided in his ultimate wisdom not to plug anymore! ....doesn't that bother you Fozz my old?

.......seeing that there are trillions of nasty hackers trying to compromise our PCs every day is the one reason I have moved on................commoner  :o
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:10 pm

...mmm.....continuing with SP1 is probably not a very good idea.............think of all those security "holes" that Mr Gates has been kindly filling with updates but which he has decided in his ultimate wisdom not to plug anymore! ....doesn't that bother you Fozz my old?

.......seeing that there are trillions of nasty hackers trying to compromise our PCs every day is the one reason I have moved on................commoner  :o

Comm.... ;D...!

...you are a little darlin', me ol' Chum...;D...

Got your E-Mail with the offer of
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby vololiberista » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:04 am

I will no longer need my trusty AVG anti-virus program which has served me well for many years, (with its daily upgrades), and I can forget Spybot, Spyware Blaster, etc, which always protected me from those nasty Adware and Trojan folks....
...instead,

instead..... forget Vista unless you are American!!  Us Europeans may not see it at all!! For reasons said in my earlier post! In the meantime it's perfectly possible to obtain a UK version of XP Pro at a reasonable price and thereafter upgrade it if you wish. You don't need to spend pots of money!!
Vololiberista
Andiamo in Italia
vololiberista
Major
Major

Postby commoner » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:24 am

In the meantime I will be flying my little FS 2004 Cessna 152 around sunny California with the help of Service Pack 1 tucked securely in my map pocket....
...cool, or what...8)...!

Paul....G-BPLF and chain.... 8)...!

....LOL......and I'll be doing a bit of flour bombing in my brand new Air Creation Trike ultralight ...in the Carribean...........Hey Ho.....doesn't life get tedious!................commoner;D
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Fr. Bill » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:59 am

By the way, I still can't figure out why a SP2 (security upgrade!) would affect the installation and running of an ordinary computer game like FSX...??
As far as I can remember, it didn't affect the installation and running of FS 2002 or FS 2004, so what is so different with FSX, I wonder..?
...answers on a postcard, please...;)...!

The "security upgrade" parts of SP2 have absolutely nothing to do with FSX.  There's plethora other "fiddly bits" in SP2 that FSX needs to access for various reasons, none of which have diddly-squat to do with "security."
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:49 am

The "security upgrade" parts of SP2 have absolutely nothing to do with FSX.  There's plethora other "fiddly bits" in SP2 that FSX needs to access for various reasons, none of which have diddly-squat to do with "security."

..a study of Microdoft's SP 2 list of upgrades all refer to Security improvements...
...no mention of "Diddly-Squat" type fiddly bits and pieces to the original Win XP and SP 1 to improve overall efficiency, game play, etc... ;)...!

Paul....;)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wealthysoup » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:18 pm

Fozzer..you dissapoint me...
My PC specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200 (@ 2.2ghz)
Asus K8v se deluxe motherboard
1.5gb pc3200 RAM
128mb palit geforce 6600gt
200gb+80gb hard drives
21 inch CRT
5.1 creative surround sound speakers
wealthysoup
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:27 pm

[quote]Fozzer..you dissapoint me...

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wealthysoup » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:48 pm

That's all very well but the point is he already has XP Pro. Why should he have to buy another copy just to run a piece of software that might not run very well on his PC anyway?

yeah i didn't think about that  ::) :-X :-/

might not...dont you mean WONT (its flight sim of course it wont run well ;))
Last edited by wealthysoup on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My PC specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200 (@ 2.2ghz)
Asus K8v se deluxe motherboard
1.5gb pc3200 RAM
128mb palit geforce 6600gt
200gb+80gb hard drives
21 inch CRT
5.1 creative surround sound speakers
wealthysoup
Captain
Captain

Postby vololiberista » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Fozz's copy of XP pro is oem. most oem copies in Uk won't allow one to upgrade the system. It is designed so that you have to go and buy a new system every time.That's why it's best to kill it install a pucker stand alone version easily obtained for well under
Andiamo in Italia
vololiberista
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam