Just Got it !!!!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Just Got it !!!!

Postby supersabre79 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:23 am

FSX Demo: well well well i've read a lot in this post and i had "the urge" to try it... my old and outdated ATHLON XP + Gforce 64Mb says 8-10FPS with everything on mid-low :P and the C130H Simshed runs fine there also!!! not everything is lost ,and also found the magical "flourbomb" folder also, maybe.. maybe.. maybe we can have some real bombs...

Last edited by Fly2e on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CLAUDIO SANCHEZ / HANGARCEROUNO
supersabre79
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby RollerBall » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:18 am

[quote]

..........could be right there D.........we all have heard the old sayings
RollerBall

Postby eniranjanrao » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:56 am

Well you need min 1 gb ram and that too DDr  Running Windows XP takes up to 200 mb min pl upgrade ram.+Do not forget vd card 256 mb min. 8)
I've been banned for constantly ignoring the forum rules, spamming, being abusive to mods and making false accusations against them. They've modified this profile to show everyone what happens to obnoxious foul-mouthed little idiots!
eniranjanrao
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:07 am

;D

Desperately flying our own kite there, aren't we Derek? Getting to sound more like the Foz every day!

...Hello!....My ears are burning again... ;)...!

LOL...!

Paul...(Time is getting close, and I'm still worried about this SP2 malarky!).... :o...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:46 am

(Time is getting close, and I'm still worried about this SP2 malarky!).... :o...!

There is no SPII malarky....... it is a figment of your imagination.  Repeat after me........

It's only a movie!

It's only a movie!

It's only a movie!

;D

best,

......john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby n_richardson05 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:02 pm

amd athlon 64 processor 3400+
2.39 GHz, 896 mb ram
pci, ati express 200 (built in)
xp sp2
( thats what the computor told me)
its all out of the box just over a year old

dose it stand a chance. im not expecting comershal show room quality. will it handle low settings with a relitively decent fps or should i look into some upgrades to even expect it to work
Last edited by n_richardson05 on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big or small i like them all ...? that dosent sound right
slew mode dose not count as flying
737-700aholic
n_richardson05
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby commoner » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:01 am

;D

Desperately flying our own kite there, aren't we Derek? Getting to sound more like the Foz every day!

LOL...well I have to tell myself that every morning before I get out of bed........or life wouldn't be worth living............commoner....... ;D
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:28 am

There is no SPII malarky....... it is a figment of your imagination.  Repeat after me........

It's only a movie!

It's only a movie!

It's only a movie!

;D

best,

......john

Dear John. Lovely Lad as you are...

..can you guarantee that If I pop into my local Game shop and thrust
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:29 am

Hi Fozzer - when SP2 fails to install what exactly is the error message? Erm, I'm trying to think how to write this without getting banned...I have a legal copy of XP pro which Microsoft  doesn't think is legal and so won't allow me to download updates and instead want me to pay for a new license. So... to get updates I have to go to certain websites and do naughty things to Windows.  I would much rather I didn't have to do this but I also like security updates as well. What I'm saying is there's probably a workaround.

Hi Hypo....;)...!

I get your message...LOL.... ;)...!

It's all to do With Bill's Paranoid Security System, regarding upgrading Windows XP involving certain OEM installers registration letters/numbers.... ;)...!

I really am quite happy with my original OEM SP 1, I don't have any problems with running it, and its fancy Firewalls, etc, are of no importance to me.... ;D...!

The only thing I am concerned about are various reports from the ACES design team, etc,  that it will be necessary to have SP 2 in place for the FSX install to work successfully..
(Without it, the install will fail...apparently).

Paul...;)...!

P.S. Ta for the heads-up re: upgrading.... ;)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Just Got it !!!

Postby commoner » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:24 am

..mm...well I can say from experience that the DEMO definately will NOT install on SP1.....since I got to know that from this week there will be NO updates for SP1....I broke all my previous pledges and went ahead with SP2..........I now have SP2 and the Demo..........commoner ;)
Image"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
commoner
Major
Major

Re: Just Got it !!!

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:59 am

....I broke all my previous pledges and went ahead with SP2..........I now have SP2 and the Demo..........commoner ;)

...you disappoint me Comm...You finally gave in to "He Who Must Be Obeyed"....:'(...!
With SP 2, Uncle Bill will now be aware of your every key-stroke and peering back at you from your monitor...:o...!

I always thought you were much stronger than that, and were able to resist the temptation...
It seems that we all fall by the wayside in time.... :-[...!

Cheers Comm....

Paul....Still struggling onwards and upwards downwards with SP 1....::)...!

LOL... ;D...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:32 am

Paul,

FSX will not run without Service Pack II installed.

best,

....john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby commoner » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:20 am

..lol....Fozz I am afraid you are now doomed to struggle onwards in the dim dark days of FS9...........forever looking towards the bright shining future which is FSX................

BTW.......I fell by the wayside for the first time some half a century ago and seem to have got into the habit somehow.................commoner ;D
commoner
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:57 am

Paul,

FSX will not run without Service Pack II installed.

best,

....john

...arse... >:(...!

That means that instead of buying a nice new, shiny graphics card suitable to run FSX.....
..I've now got to blow
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby vololiberista » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:47 am

Ok Fozz
This is what you need to do!! I don't know if you live in SE England close to London but if you do you're in luck. You need to goto one of the monthly computer fairs
see http://www.britishcomputerfairs.com/
There you can acquire quite cheaply a pucker copy of XP Pro ie one that's not OEM. When you get home delete your XP directory and install the new version in it's place. Yes, it's a bit tedious having to reinstall other programs in order to recreate the registry. As far as FS9 goes reinstalling doesn't seem to affect the scenery and a/c files etc. And you can create a backup copy of the cfg file  to replace the newly generated one on fresh install. Then you can decide as to whether or not to install SP2.
Despite what has been said many times on this forum the pucker Windows XP Pro (UK english version) does NOT need to be registered. Remember that we are in the EU which means we do NOT have to register with Uncle Bill in order to run the programme!!
As you may know M(qualcosa)s is not allowing third parties access to Vista coding so in theory we would only be able to use Uncle Bill's "very own" virus checker! Amongst other things!!!! The EU has said that unless M(qualcosa)s gives in they won't be able to sell Vista in Europe as it contravenes the previous legal decision against them.
Vololiberista

PS Anyone who has XP Home is shot! As it will not reinstall onto a new motherboard. So you can't upgrade!!!
Last edited by vololiberista on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andiamo in Italia
vololiberista
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam