AREA 51

FSX including FSX Steam version.

AREA 51

Postby Eiiic » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:01 am

>:( >:( >:(Hi guys has anyone seen area 51 in the standard fsx.
I think it may be in the deluxe i am just wondering.
If anyone have the standard fsx do a trip around area 51. And yes fsx is out i went to walmart in both places
in my town and they wouldnt let me have it because
the cashier said it wouldnt read it. then she called the
manager and (she) said they wont let me have it until
the 17th of oct i was pissed then the lady said i can look
around the store bull!@#$...got to be kidding me lady...
~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
>:( >:( >:( >:( :o :o :o :o >:( >:( >:( >:( :o :o :o >:(
Eiiic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: AREA 51

Postby Bell206freak » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:57 am

What they did was wrong...

I work for Wal-Mart, and what they did was technically a customer service mistake. If you can provide proof that either Best Buy, another retailer, or even another Wal-Mart broke the street date restriction, take that proof in and they will more than likely let you have it (Of course they will more than likely call the other retailer first to verify).

I'm working on getting a copy of FSX using this workarond as a method, because I cannot see waiting until the 17th to get it, given the fact that it's 1.) already released in the U.K and 2.) it's already been  - albeit erroneously - released here in some portions of the U.S.A. as well.

IMHO, they should set a global release date anyways, instead of releasing it in the UK first and the USA second.
Bell206freak
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby danb00 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:03 am

finally us people in the UK get some game related stuff before american and japan, lol!.
danb00
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Katahu » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:02 am

I don't think Area 51 would ever be included as default. Even if it is included, it probably wouldn't be any more detailed than an empty airstrip because I don't think the government would give any such information about a "top secret" base to a company like Microsoft. ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Lazerbeak » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:26 am

I don't think Area 51 would ever be included as default. Even if it is included, it probably wouldn't be any more detailed than an empty airstrip because I don't think the government would give any such information about a "top secret" base to a company like Microsoft. ::)

Actually, it has been included. That nozoa chap who refused to follow the image rules posted a single shot.

From what little I could see, it appeared as though they'd actually included the buildings, and perhaps even the lakebed.

For the record, satellite photos and info on A51 abound on the Internet (Google Earth even has it, in ultra high res no less), so the government's refusal to disclose info wouldn't be enough to stop anyone willing to do a little searching.
Last edited by Lazerbeak on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

The proletarians of the world have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!
Lazerbeak
Captain
Captain

Postby The Ruptured Duck » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:52 am

Or MS could use google earth for the image ;)
"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin

"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only
The Ruptured Duck
Major
Major

Postby JBaymore » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:53 am

Katahu,

You obvioulsy need to explore the following website:

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/

You'll find an unbleiveable amount of definitive information and some awesome photographs.

It is an Area51 scenery designers heaven!

best,

.....................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Katahu » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:57 am

I guess I was wrong. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:53 pm

Why worry about what is there when Ninja Mouse is developing this http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/ ... 1160391461 ?
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KDSM » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:30 pm

finally us people in the UK get some game related stuff before american and japan, lol!.

whaddaya tawkin bout? you got B-17 2 first :P
KDSM
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:07 pm

That is definitely not true. The Japanese will always have the good stuff before anyone does. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby flymo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:05 am

didnt bill clinton make area 51 public knowledge???
so their is like no reason for it no to be included as a military base
flymo

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam