Whats Up With the FSX Demo FPS

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Whats Up With the FSX Demo FPS

Postby Bubblehead » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:31 pm

My FPS in my FS2004 is set to Unlimited. My resolution is set at 1280x960x32. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT.0 and Have no problem whatsoever with the FS2004. However, when increase the target FPS in the FSX Demo, it automatically reverts back to 20. I customized the settings in the Demo to match what I've got in FS2004. Is the problem just because it is a Demo? Or can I expect similar problems with the real software.

Bubblehead
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Re: Whats Up With the FSX Demo FPS

Postby RollerBall » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:39 am

Hiya Bubble - you're a bit late coming in on this one  ???

It's not that folks are ignoring your post, it's just that this debate has been raging for weeks ever since the Demo came out, and is still going on.

You have experienced the same as everyone else (well everyone else who will admit it  ;) )

We were all told in the beginning that it was just down to the Demo, but unfortunately the guys who managed to get hold of copies of the program in Best Buy and elsewhere that were put on the shelves by accident report that the real software is similar.

Screenies have been put up by various people claiming high FRs (high=flyable ie not a slide show) but from the quality of most of them it appears that effects and features have been turned down or off to achieve them.

Please correct me if you have the prog and you disagree with this - we need to know and the more information we have the better, especially as many (most?) of us will be needing to spend good money to upgrade our rigs to have a chance of running FSX properly, which I'm sure as members of this forum we all genuinely want to do.

The saga continues...  ::)
RollerBall

Postby Daube » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:53 am

I think he is not complaining about the FPS he gets, but about the fact that his FPS limit slider always come back to 20, no matter how many times he modifies and saves his settings. Am I right ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Bubblehead » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:18 pm

You're right Daube. I might point out that there were two boxes labeled "Save" and "Load" which I clicked when I made changes but I'm not sure what it does. I reverted back to default settings and the "jerking" went away but the graphic sure was primitive. I suggest that MS should consider Simviation members who already have invested early edition of the FSX as test cases but remburse them the cost. I'm watching all the threads on the FSX very closely and base my decision on their experiences before I buy it.

Bubblehead
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Postby Daube » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:29 pm

I could not try the demo nor the beta, so I cannot help you with that particular issue.
However, your decision to wait and read all the user experiences on the forum for deciding yourself is very wise.
But don't forget that it is still very early, and those users still had not enough time to play efficiently with the settings to find the real balance between functionnalities, graphics and FPS.
Last edited by Daube on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam