Piracy vs FSX

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Piracy vs FSX

Postby Hagar » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:41 am

I always thought "cellular" referred to part of a living organism which contains cells... :-[...!

They used to have cellular underwear called Aertex or 'drawers cellular' in the forces. I don't think it was alive. :o :D

http://www.woodsofshropshire.co.uk/products,mens-underwear

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Katahu » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:08 am

How about the cells in the brain? I know drinking can have an effect on judgement. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Travis » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:37 am

Dirinkinining doesna haf an 'fect on th' bren.  It jus' has 'n 'fect on th' 'bility off th' bren to ferc . . . frec . . . frenction?  Ther's a big . . whatchakallit?  Dunno.  Tip m' tung.  Anywhos.  Don' ever drin' and walk.  Bad.  Conditions.  May arrise.  Difference!  Thas th' word!

Honestly, you people and your cells . . . what really gets on MY nerves are those derned Bluetooth things.  I swear I turn and start speaking to the person, then they turn their head and look at ME funny because I'M the idiot talking to no one!  What a world we live in! :P
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Sterk » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:32 am

I personally can accept some anti-piracy measures unless it makes all process of installing and running a game more complicated.And all this stuff with application components on remote server or protection implemented in hardware really does.

Developers must consider in wich case they loose more money-when using their software is simple but there is some illegal using of the product or where they invest a fortune into developing sophisticated protection wich makes user's life harder and finally they loose customers and finally even this superprotection is cracked.
If you remember something like this happend with products using starforce-after buying one or two products with this "protection"
Last edited by Sterk on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sterk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby n_richardson05 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:24 am

first i half to say arrrrr

2 i remember a game that took anti piracy to the next level.it was half life 2 you had to go online and decript all of the files.all i half to say about that is  AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >:( >:( >:(
that was so f$%&ing erratating must have taken 5 hours ahhhhh.

i really realllllly hope m$ dosent do the same thing
i hope the people in super computer land remember that there is still alot of people with out high speed internet for varying reasons.
big or small i like them all ...? that dosent sound right
slew mode dose not count as flying
737-700aholic
n_richardson05
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sterk » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:59 am

Even with high-speed internet sometimes launching HalfLive really sux.
When I just bought HL,soon after it was released,sometimes it started relatively fast,but sometimes it took up to 30(!) minutes to start.

So I want developers know that IM NOT READY TO PAY FOR PROTECTION wich more makes me angry than really protects the software.Honestly in this case I PREFER TO PAY TO PIRATES...
Sterk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fr. Bill » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:47 am

Not to worry.  FSX will ship on two DVDs that may be freely shared among friends...

...because until you Activate FSX either through the on-line service or obtain an activation code via the toll-free phone service...

...FSX will only run in DEMO mode for an infinite number of fifteen minute sessions... ;)

NOTE: as reported by ACES at Oshkosh last week.
Last edited by Fr. Bill on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:29 pm

Not to worry.  FSX will ship on two DVDs that may be freely shared among friends...

...because until you Activate FSX either through the on-line service or obtain an activation code via the toll-free phone service...

...FSX will only run in DEMO mode for an infinite number of fifteen minute sessions... ;)

NOTE: as reported by ACES at Oshkosh last week.

If what you say is reported by Aces at Oshkosh, where is the article? In fact, do you have a link?
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fr. Bill » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:52 pm

If what you say is reported by Aces at Oshkosh, where is the article? In fact, do you have a link?

How could I provide a link to conversations? Since I was there as a "volunteer" working with ACES, I had the opportunity to learn quite a lot...
Last edited by Fr. Bill on Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillImage Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4GB DDR2 Crucial PC6400-800 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB DX10 [i
Fr. Bill
Captain
Captain

Postby vololiberista » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:40 pm

Cell phone is the correct technical term
Mobile is the commononly used English term
telefonino in Italian.

If M(qualcosa)s had there way they would make everyone register with them when installing their software. In fact the early versions of XP did just that until M(qualcosa)s realised that that was actually illegal in most countries of the world!!!!!
Vololiberista
Andiamo in Italia
vololiberista
Major
Major

Postby x_jasper » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:33 pm

That's one of the reasons for one of the many Eu fines  M(rogues) are paying each day.

Jasper
P4 2.5. massive huge 10 foot display.
x_jasper
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby cleobis » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:13 pm

piracy will never end...it's just in human nature (well, some humans, anyway...).  Everytime a comoany gets a new security system, hackers get over it, even if it takes a few months, but they allways do...

I saw some people here talking about how good the HL2 was, well, I must admit that a friend of mine gave me a copy of halklife cracked...you didn't need any internet connection to play. just the crakced file and then a patch to the script that made the bad guys move...that was it. gae was working perfect.

I don't endorse or even agree with piracy, and that example was a one time thing, martly because at the time, I didn't have an internet connection and I must admit that I played the game...

Anyways...unfortunatelyt I don't think we'll ever get rid of piracy...though I don't think it is such an issue in a game like FS9, it's not exactly pirates kind of game is it...?
*** For
cleobis
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Ashton Lawson » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:56 am

Not a hackers kind of game huh?

I live in Thailand (which is like piracy central), and if you go around a PC game shop, they got the real-versions on display, and a draw in the back-room filled with copies.  I've seen FS98 to FS2004 in those places (+ much more).  The real games cost something like 1000-2000 baht (which, in thailand, is quite alot), but the pirated ones sell for 100 baht per CD (or DVD in some cases).

I'm freely saying this anyway, cuz let's just say that almost all thais (police too) know about this stuff, but don't care...  mind, that much...
FS Water Configurator+ has new modifications in the works, plus DirectX 10, Service Pack
1, and Radeon HD 3+ Series support.
Ashton Lawson
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam