Idea for ailerons,elevators etc.

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Idea for ailerons,elevators etc.

Postby an-225 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:52 am

Wouldn't it be nice if after pressing the arrow/numpad key(s) to control the plane the ailerons/elevators/rudder position would reset to zero like a joystick? I know you can just press 5 but it would be nice... not all of us can transport a laptop+joystick. Please try to implement this feature Microsoft!
Last edited by an-225 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
an-225

Re: Idea for ailerons,elevators etc.

Postby Airshow_lover » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:35 am

Wouldn't it be nice if after pressing the arrow/numpad key(s) to control the plane the ailerons/elevators/rudder position would reset to zero like a joystick? I know you can just press 5 but it would be nice... not all of us can transport a laptop+joystick. Please try to implement this feature Microsoft!

Yeah, i would appreciate if MS could implement that little detail in to FS.
C/SMSgt - Civil Air Patrol
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Re: Idea for ailerons,elevators etc.

Postby Ashton Lawson » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:09 am

Yah.

I remember a really old game on a really old computer.  The game was called 'Chocks Away'.  Probably, the very first, 3D flight simulator (more like combat FS tho).

In those days, there were no joysticks really, but you could use the keyboard.  Like video games nowadays, when u pressed up, the plane would tip forward, and the moment u realeased up, the plane stopped tipping.  Same 4 the ailerons.  Too bad that game didn't hav rudder control. :(

Still a great game tho! ;D
FS Water Configurator+ has new modifications in the works, plus DirectX 10, Service Pack
1, and Radeon HD 3+ Series support.
Ashton Lawson
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam