Improved ATC?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Improved ATC?

Postby born_2_fly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:36 pm

Would it be possible for ATC to instruct aircraft to slow down and speed up for approach around airports? This would make AI so much more realistic, and would make go-arounds rarer. It just seems so pointless that whenever I go to a large airport, about 5 aircraft try to land in one large 'cloud'. Could the speeds the aircraft is capable of be included in the aircraft .cfg?

Cheers,
Alex
born_2_fly

Re: Improved ATC?

Postby Katahu » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:58 pm

That has not been determined just yet. However, the ATC chatter has been improved with realistic voices according to various helicopter videos provided by the E3 convention. At least you can rest assured that the ATC voice won't sound like R2-D2. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:03 pm

That has not been determined just yet. However, the ATC chatter has been improved with realistic voices according to various helicopter videos provided by the E3 convention. At least you can rest assured that the ATC voice won't sound like R2-D2. ;D

You're talking about one prerecorded speech for a single mission. When it comes to the actual ATC they're still going to be stuck with the old system of just having certain words that are strung together into instructions. There's just no other way round it other than prerecording every possible scenario for every single airport with ATC in the world. :P
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Katahu » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:40 pm

You're talking about one prerecorded speech for a single mission.

Better that than having R2-D2 talk to you. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:46 pm

Better that than having R2-D2 talk to you. ;D

Yes. But I'll wager that you'll only get that in the missions. All normal ATC communications will be the same as ever. At most they'll have sychronised the words together a bit better.

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:47 pm

Anyway. R2D2 whistles. Even FS2002 ATC did better than that. At least on C3PO level. ;D

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jakemaster » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:45 pm

Anyway. R2D2 whistles. Even FS2002 ATC did better than that. At least on C3PO level. ;D

Hopefully they will improve it to HAL level ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jakemaster

Postby Katahu » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:40 am

HAL: "Good Morning, Dave."
HAL: "What are you doing, Dave?"
HAL: "I won't let you do that, Dave."

;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ashton Lawson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:26 am

I think the ATC is quite good actually.  The only thing that I would add is the occasional 'pff' or 'pop' sounds when speaking into a microphone.  Then it would really sound good, and real.

Only my Opinion. ::)
FS Water Configurator+ has new modifications in the works, plus DirectX 10, Service Pack
1, and Radeon HD 3+ Series support.
Ashton Lawson
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam