FSX User Interface! AWSOME!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: FSX User Interface! AWSOME!

Postby Ashton Lawson » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:39 am

One word...

Awesom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :o :o

I should be buying NVidea Quad-SLI Graphics cards and 3 widescreen monitors right-now!  :o :o :o ;D :o :o :o :D :o :o :o
FS Water Configurator+ has new modifications in the works, plus DirectX 10, Service Pack
1, and Radeon HD 3+ Series support.
Ashton Lawson
Major
Major

Postby Sterk » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:19 am

nVidia GeForce 7800GTX

Target framerate: 20

F*CK!!

So what?It means only one thing-that they set target
frame rate to 20 fps-thats all...
And it daznt mean that if they would set it to,say, 50 fps
the videocard wont manage it...
20 fps is just a minimum when you get a smooth picture and at the same time good videocard performance...

The minimum framerate when human eye sees picture as continuous movement is 24 fps.
It theoretically means that human eye cant distinguish between 25 and 100 fps.Its just the way its built.
And Ecko is not and exeption...
Just in computer games is a bit different and many other
thing involved in creating the final picture in fs-
texture processing and refresh rate,filtering,gauges refresh rate and many other things.
Sterk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:44 am

Am I right in thinking that your monitor refreshes the screen 60 times a second. So if you have 100fps then 40 of those frames arn't even getting shown on the screen.

The human eye I believe can see 24fps. Which is why all film is shot at that speed. the only time it's shot faster is if you want slow motion and even then it's shown at 24 frames per second.

So are you saying Kipman, that you see TV as a slideshow? :P
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:49 am

Just looked at the artical, the game can be set up for an Xbox 360 gamepad. I thought I was making that up. ;D

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Daube » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:20 am

The human eye I believe can see 24fps. Which is why all film is shot at that speed. the only time it's shot faster is if you want slow motion and even then it's shown at 24 frames per second.

So are you saying Kipman, that you see TV as a slideshow? :P

When I was at school, I learned some stuff about what is called 'sampling' for the sound.
If you want to record a sound that has for (bad but simple) example three distincts signals per seconds (so 3 Hz), and you want to make a precise and fidel recording of that sound, then you must record it at least a 6 Hz (2 x initial signal rate). This is for ensuring that we get all the signals.

If we transfer this to the eyes, our eyes receive only 24 frames per seconds, but if we transmit only 24 frames per second to them, that won't be enough for a precise reading of the signal.

This is why, no matter what people say, you WILL see a difference between 24 and 48 FPS. That doesn't mean that 24 FPS will not be smooth, that just means that 30 FPS will be smoother, even if your eyes just sees 24 frames.

Additionnally, eyes just don't record 24 precise pictures like a video camera, it make an constant interpolation between a picture and the next one, and sends the results 24 times per seconds to the brain... not sure anymore, thought... ???

Anyway, 24 FPS is OK, 30 is better  ;D
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby -sam- » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:26 am

Great find !!.... notice the "Cloud shadow" button in the scenery window !! Just this feature alone adds so much atmosphere !!  :)
NFo/Simviation Multiplayer Server.

fs.netfrag.org:23456

Stats: fs.netfrag.org
Teamspeak: ts.netfrag.org
-sam-
Captain
Captain

Postby Sterk » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:00 pm

So,where is the "Create Flight" section?
Is this inside "Pilot records"?Or where?
Sterk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Katahu » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:21 pm

Since we are in the topic of how the eye perceive frame rates, I just like to add something about that.

I forgot to tell you that there is a distinct difference between films shown in movies and how FS looks. In the movies, you notice that the film [when paused] is slightly blurred. The blurred effect mixed in with the frame rates fools our eyes into thinking that the film is in full motion and therefore it doesn't take that many frames per second to fool our eyes. Therefore movies are show at the speed of about 24 FPS.

The simulator, however, is different. If you pause the sim, you'll see a very sharp image compared to a paused film in the movies. Even when the sim is in motion, our eyes can still see the single frames. This is due to the lack of blurr in the image and as a result the eyes can catch up easily. This is why you see most games set at around 40-60 FPS. The high frame rates compensate for the lack of blurreness to help fool the eyes.

Another factor that needs to be considered is that no two people on this planet are exactly the same. Therefore, neither are two brains the same. Some brains process information faster than others. And don't forget that some people are a little more visually blind than others [thus the eye glasses] while other types of people are color blind.

I have learned much about the human body [it's part of my job as a pharmacy technician] and you all will be surprised by the different factors involved. So basically 24 frames per second may appear smoother to some while others perceive it as more slideshow like. Again, just like the PCs, no two people on this planet are the same.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jakemaster » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:57 pm

Its not in the pre alpha yet.  This is just a preview of whats to come.  Im sure there will be a Create Flight section
Jakemaster

Postby BAW0343 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:58 pm

CANT WAIT!!!  :o :o :o :o   am i the only one who noticed "Show Shadow on Aircraft"

oh yea,
nVidia GeForce 7800GTX

Target framerate: 20  

F*CK!!

READ THIS

before jumping to conclusions

Just cause they have it locked at 20, as said above DOES NOT mean there Vid card is LIMITED to 20. Locked at, and Limited, are 2 diffent things.
Image Image
BAW0343
Major
Major

Postby -sam- » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:15 am

I could imagine that FSX was in Kiosk mode.
NFo/Simviation Multiplayer Server.

fs.netfrag.org:23456

Stats: fs.netfrag.org
Teamspeak: ts.netfrag.org
-sam-
Captain
Captain

Postby Clipper » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:36 am

Mamma Mia..

Clipper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nexus » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:06 am

[quote]I TOLD YOU!
Nexus
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:11 am

Sorry Jake, hail the mighty know-it-all God

We're not worthy.

I think you're just making this up, when did the others not listen to you?

I think Microsoft are reading the forums and adding everything that has been mentioned in even the most wild speculation.

I mean, I said that they're optimising the controls for an Xbox360 game pad and what do I find?

;D

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby cavity » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:35 am

What is the big deal with this new interface?  Other than some new check boxes for new features, not much has changed.  That doesnt mean its a bad thing, but really, there is nothing earth shattering about the interface.  It has been 3 years since the last release, I would hope that they would add some new things.  With the tech available today, putting shadows in for clouds and planes should be expected, not a hoped for thing.  I am not being negative here, just looking at things for what they are.  The sim appears to have stayed the same with MS adding in things that have developed since the last release, which is expected.  I have not seen, which doesnt mean we wont, one major new feature that did not exist in the payware or freeware market already.  I am still hoping that the flight dynamics, ATC, and core of the sim have been substantially upgraded.  I believe these are the basics of flying.  When these are as close to reality as can be reasonably achieved, then jump out and work to improve the other features.  Why do I say this.  Because ATC and flight dynamics are fundamentals of the sim.  ATC has world wide standards the can be followed.  Flight dynamics, which change between aircraft, can be modelled to a high accuracy.  MS has not achieved that yet, while other payware companies have.  I know MS has to sell this and that improvements constantly evolve, but if the core sim fundamentals are provided, then the rest will fall into place with each successive release.  Please chime in, I would like to hear from others.  This is only my opinion, not saying others should agree with it or not.  Todd
cavity
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam