another Mission example.

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: another Mission example.

Postby vololiberista » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:48 pm

Actually they go to a distant airport for lunch at the field rest. ,and then return home........ making it the world's most expensive lunch!   ;)best,......................john

LOL i once flew a round trip from Biggin Hill to Jersey just for a coffee!! A real flight i might add!
Vololiberista
Andiamo in Italia
vololiberista
Major
Major

Postby PisTon » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:18 pm

Hey
FsX will still look great on DX9 renember :) They showed off fsX at E3 on a single 7800GTX :)

Also, all the published screenshots are on DX9 :)

Maybe the reasons why they are showing these arcade style missions is because Microsoft wants it to be more popular, and maybe to be a showoff at e3?
Last edited by PisTon on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PisTon

Postby Smoke2much » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:05 am

I have a very early version of FS somewhere, it has a crop spraying mission.  This is not a new concept at all and I for one am glad to see it back.  How many times have you tried to explain your enthusiasm for flight sim to someone only to have them ask you; "what do you actually do" to which you reply that you just fly about......

This conversation usually ends with your friend walking away thinking that you are a little odd.  With the missions you can at least convey purpose and maybe people will get it a little more and may be even try FS out.  That, I feel, is what MS have  in mind.

Will
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Postby Ashton Lawson » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:36 am

think carefully for a moment.  ask ur selves, why do we complain about FSX.  Things r added, not removed.  Things r upgraded, not dumped.  Aircraft and missions r added, but no one is forcing you to play the missions or use the new aircraft first.  Sure, FSX is going to be more of a game, but will still be FS.  
Its like in GTA:  you didn't have to play missions.  you could just roam around killing people, not that that was a good thing.

The first time I played FS, it was 98, cuz I always loved planes and aviation.  Now, i got FS9, and I think its a huge leap from 98 (even tho when you transport tourists around NY they're not actually in ur heli).  I used to have the best graphics card at one stage (GeForce 4), but now its outdated.  So im now building an aircraft carrier for FS9, to sell (fairly cheaply) so I can upgrade my comp and buy FSX, cuz I love flying.  We shouldnt complain about the new FS, cuz we're all working to buy it.  This post may mean nothing to you now, but think about all the things being added to make ur simming experience great:

1.  More Aircraft
2.  Missions
3.  Working Ground Crew (in some FAQs)
4.  People and animals
5.  Moving Cars on Roads
6.  Bump Mapping
7.  Great Water/Building/Aircraft Reflections
8.  Lens Effects

Many more things too (i think)

Lets be thankful, (although its nowhere near thanksgiving) that we have FS (otherwise we'd all have to get a pilot's license and Cessna - which ain't cheap).
FS Water Configurator+ has new modifications in the works, plus DirectX 10, Service Pack
1, and Radeon HD 3+ Series support.
Ashton Lawson
Major
Major

Postby n_richardson05 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:12 am

do not fear missions beleve me, beeeeeeleave me when i say from a position of experence with other sims, when they introduce actual things to do. other than just flying. its going to be fun. and i would be extreamly suprised if we could not just fly around in what we want when we want like we have been doing since we all started flying. but aside from that in an optinal mission or even carrear mode. we might be told  what to do but even there i would expect flexability, and missions dont mean games. just more things to do in the sim world ;D. even if they suck, big f-ing deal just dont use them

the one thing i would not want to see and would dread are guns. when you start shooting it turns into a combat sim. and then thats all you want to do and the 737 collects dust and fs looses its draw    :-[
big or small i like them all ...? that dosent sound right
slew mode dose not count as flying
737-700aholic
n_richardson05
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam