another Mission example.

FSX including FSX Steam version.

another Mission example.

Postby Airshow_lover » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:32 pm

here you have to fly through rings....hmm..

http://www.fs2004.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78250

I dont like that.

Also, you can see one of the camera views is mounted on the tail.
Last edited by Airshow_lover on Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C/SMSgt - Civil Air Patrol
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Re: another Mission example.

Postby Spitfire222 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:27 pm

Whats not to like? If it helps MS create a larger consumer base and sell more FS, then great!

I dont see why everyone is getting so upset over these new missions. They are not turning FS into some sort of video game. Remember, they ADDED stuff, they didnt take out anything! No one will be forced to play only these missions. We will still have the ability to roam the world as always, and still realistically portray flying..as always! Its not like they took away the ability to do a long-haul flight from L.A. to Tokyo. I bet most "hardcore" simmer may check out the default "arcade" missions once, and then ignore them for good. However, having the mission ability and mission editor will open up endless possiblities of recreating endless real life scenarios. Its actually a win-win situation.

Dont worry guys, its still our beloved FS as always, it just has some things added to attract those FPS kids.  ;D
Last edited by Spitfire222 on Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Vincent
Aviation Art Work
Spitfire222
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Lazerbeak » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:29 pm

For people who suck at flying as much as I do, this mission could end up being decent practice, so I see no problems.

The proletarians of the world have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!
Lazerbeak
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:32 pm

As Spitfire had already pointed out, the mission editors will be available. Just look at my "check this out" thread for the link o the article.

If you don't like it, fine. I like the missions. It's about damn time I am able to do something more challenging then just simply flying from point A to point B in a 737.

And as we have "all" seen in FS98, missions are nothing new really. Do you guys remember those flights where you had to fly from San Francisco Int'l to another airport nearby in a 737 while following the automated intructions of the ATC? And do you remember when the ATC would automatically terminate the service if you stray off too far? Now that's a mission back in the days for me.

You know, it's incredible how this whole FSX debate started oh so long ago when M$ first mentioned about it. First, we were debating on whether FS9 looked better then FSX with addons or not. That topic officially ended when we proved that not even payware addons can match the quality of the water, reflective buildings, bump mapping, etc. Then came the debate on whether FSX is only made for Vista. That topic ended as quickly as it began as soon as M$ said that it will be made for XP and DX9. Now here we are talking about missions. I can end this discussion by reminding all of you that we have had missions since FS98. This missions were called "adventures". And not only that, M$ has implemented the mission editor just as the IL2 series and Orbiter has used their own mission/scenario editors.

Now, what's the next topic of discussion [besides the dynamics cause we all can't be sure]?
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BAW0343 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:45 am

I cant wait for FSX but i still cant help but be reluctant to have the sim to become like a game...  If we fly online and some new guy comes in not understanding anything about flight or aviation and just wants to compete, eh, I just think it will be weird. I guess some of the missions will be good, like in one video your a chopper pilot who needs to save people on the oil rig, im looking forward to that one ;D Flying through rings, not my thing. Still cant wait but I dont like the direction M$ is going with this.

Just my humble opinion...  ;D

Edit:

Just FULLY read the above posts and I do realize the sim will still have what we all like and were still free to roam, but I guess what type of people it may bring in, always competeing and not just flying for the fun of it. But hey, it looks great and as I said I cant wait  ;D ;D
Last edited by BAW0343 on Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
BAW0343
Major
Major

Postby Airshow_lover » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:17 am

Dont get me wrong, I like the mission's idea

I just personally dont like this particular one.
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:20 pm

I cant wait for FSX but i still cant help but be reluctant to have the sim to become like a game...  If we fly online and some new guy comes in not understanding anything about flight or aviation and just wants to compete, eh, I just think it will be weird. I guess some of the missions will be good, like in one video your a chopper pilot who needs to save people on the oil rig, im looking forward to that one ;D Flying through rings, not my thing. Still cant wait but I dont like the direction M$ is going with this.

Just my humble opinion...  ;D

Edit:

Just FULLY read the above posts and I do realize the sim will still have what we all like and were still free to roam, but I guess what type of people it may bring in, always competeing and not just flying for the fun of it. But hey, it looks great and as I said I cant wait  ;D ;D

Worry not, young padawon. Private servers like Ramos' we have. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Cobra » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:55 pm

Those first three Learjet shots suck, they actually look worse than my FS2004???! Is that FSX?!
JAA/FAA PPL + Night Rating!

Quad Core 6600 2.4GHz ~ nVidia 8800GTX ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz ~ Sound Blaster X-Fi 7.1 ~ Samsung Pebble 20" ~ Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound

[center][img]http://www.simvi
Cobra
Major
Major

Postby Joe_D » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:01 pm

Well, flying has always had some "game" element to it.

There's the old "barnstorming....

Air shows with what some might consider "frivilous", "show biz" type demostations.....

RC aircraft club "fun fly" meets where all sorts of frivilous fun things are done with aircraft.

Finally there are all the GA flyers who simply fly for the pure enjoymrnt of it and to have FUN!

As long as MSFS still continues to develope and improve the FS core, I say, bring on the purely optional "games".
Last edited by Joe_D on Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home airports are KMGJ and KSWF in Orange County, NY
Stop by and say hello. :)
Joe_D
Captain
Captain

Postby Katahu » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Those first three Learjet shots suck, they actually look worse than my FS2004???! Is that FSX?!

Just remember that the computers they are using may not even be using DX10 since DX10 is till under development and there is also a possibility that they may have adjusted the setting in the display menu to a lower setting.

For all I know, M$ could be messing with our heads by making FSX look crappy and then plan to surprise us all with improvements on the last minute. I know I would do that if I was in charge of the development team. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Airshow_lover » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:53 pm

Just remember that the computers they are using may not even be using DX10 since DX10 is till under development and there is also a possibility that they may have adjusted the setting in the display menu to a lower setting.

For all I know, M$ could be messing with our heads by making FSX look crappy and then plan to surprise us all with improvements on the last minute. I know I would do that if I was in charge of the development team. ;D

Or, it could have been just a demo without all the enhanced grapics of the final product....or what katahu said ::)
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Postby USMC_BEANS » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:09 pm

Who knows, maybe they will have an "Ozzy" mission where you have to take the biggest thing you can find and try to land it on a helipad! ;)
USMC_BEANS
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Airshow_lover » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:51 pm

Who knows, maybe they will have an "Ozzy" mission where you have to take the biggest thing you can find and try to land it on a helipad! ;)

oooo....
Last edited by Airshow_lover on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:49 pm

Now that's a challenge. Imagine an Antonov 225 coming in hot while inverted and attempting to land on a grass strip in the middle of a swamp. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:49 pm

Finally there are all the GA flyers who simply fly for the pure enjoymrnt of it and to have FUN!

Actually they go to a distant airport for lunch at the field rest. ,and then return home........ making it the world's most expensive lunch!   ;)

best,

......................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam