Some (4) more pics

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Some (4) more pics

Postby JBaymore » Thu May 25, 2006 9:17 pm

And about the "instead of fixing" part: Are you saying that based on just an assumption or is that a fact? If that's a fact then show me a website where M$ clearly states that they're not "fixing things".

Katahu,

No........ it is not based on direct knowledge.... EXCEPT from what Microsoft has chosen to tell us about the new sim is not that they have improved flight dynamics, or more realistic AI, or ATC functionality... or stuff like that but that thay have added stuff like flour bombing "missions", and animals in the wild, and air races, and other such stuff.

Reading between the lines is often a valid exercise.

I'm waiting now for the revalation that they have ALSO improved the stuff the matters to the more serious simmer.  Hopefully it will be forthcomeing soon.  :)

best,

......john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby hypostomus2000 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:46 pm

quote -No we don't really have to accept them.  We can simply move over to X-Plane, which already has far better flight dynamics.  And if Miscorsoft loses the more serious simming folks... that too would significantly affect their sales.   If a large population moved to X-Plane, they then would have the financial wherwithall and user base to greatly expand their impact on the simming field.  And theereby steal more of Microsoft's flight simming market share. -unquote

OK, if you're that down on FS why don't you change to X-Plane? I'm not having a go here you understand, I'm just interested. As for the how do you justify your remark about the number of serious simmers vs. dilettantes, how many people can afford a computer vs. how many people can afford a Cessna and it's running costs? The vast majority of buyers just want to pootle around their favourite bits of world, they don't care about how well it simulates an arcane bit of hardware they've probably never heard of. I accept I'm not preaching to the converted here and that forums like this are going to be populated by hardcore simmers who want that arcane bit of hardware simulated but it really is a game despite what you'd like to believe. It's not a crime to admit you're playing a game you know. Thinking about it, it's an RPG, you're just not off slaying monsters in D&D land.
hypostomus2000
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby justplanecrazy » Fri May 26, 2006 9:58 pm

Well i think that missions are a great thing. Even Real world commercal simulators have missions weather its from nailing an ils approch to droping GPS guied bombs from the B-2 (which pilots learn to fly from the simulator before ever seeing the real cockpit). As far as droping flower bombs well that might be a little benith me. Then again there are some people whos cars i would love to plaster with bags of flowers from 500 feet.  :-X not that i would ever do that Mr FAA. Im ok with the missions cause some times i want to have  fun flying and i dont have the time for a four hour flight, and a few t&G's is all i get. maybe M$ will bring back the crop duster mission like in M$Fs 4.0 that would rock Die you low life insects die.
justplanecrazy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby an-225 » Mon May 29, 2006 1:07 am

Oh great, flower bombs!  ::) Well, at least it allows you to dive bomb  Bill Gates' house!  ;)
an-225

Postby JBaymore » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:48 pm

[quote]
I'm waiting now for the revalation that they have ALSO improved the stuff the matters to the more serious simmer.
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby vololiberista » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:03 pm

Oh great, flower bombs!  ::) Well, at least it allows you to dive bomb  Bill Gates' house!  ;)

He only has ONE house? If they painted targets on the roofs of all his houses I would use something somewhat more powerful than flour LOL

50 "missions" seems quite a lot  and one wonders if there is enough room left for the sim proper. Flying birds and moving traffic are not the MOST important improvements and I'm certain that we will have to wait until addons put things right. As for frame rates  they will be crap unless one uses the the most expensive and up to date systems.
Why do so many people still use FS98 etc etc  because only on today's pc's can they get decent frame rates.
Vololiberista
Andiamo in Italia
vololiberista
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Actually, 50 missions is not a lot to the average gamer. In fact 50 missions appear to be the norm in most games. Frankly, I prefer to have some missions because I do get bored of just flying around after a while.

And don't foget, Bill Gates is not the one who makes the FS series. It's the guys at M$ Game Studios who do and they are the one who decide what to do with the game. Bill is just there to collect money. In fact, Bill never even created the first sim. According to Flight Sim History* it was Bruce Artwick who first wrote it and sold it. ;D

*The Flight Sim History website is here:
http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/start.htm

So, are you guys sure that Bill determines what FS is and is not going to be? ;D ;D ;D

Also, Bill is only a CEO. The people who are most likely in charge are the Board of Directors. See here for definitions.

http://cobrands.business.findlaw.com/ba ... ssary.html
Last edited by Katahu on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby vololiberista » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:50 am

Bill is in charge of a company that knowingly releases software with hundreds (or in the case of XP tens of thousands of bugs) Can you imagine being sold a car with one wheel missing, having to search yourself to replace it!! It is a company that insists on trying to monopolise the entire computer industry. Fortunately Europe won't allow his dirty tricks any more!!
Bombing targets with flower or even real weapons doesn't interest me at all.  I might try a handful of the missions in the new programme (I mean game sorry!!) I'm a real pilot and my interest is in comparing the reality of flying with a sim. I use the sim to practise cockpit drills.
In many respects FS9 is quite weak in comparison to some other sims. The scenery in FlyII is as good, the mountains are stunning and the cockpits are way way ahead of anything in FS9. Navigation and flight planning are properly displayed and is at one's  fingertips. In fact the only major impprovement of FS9 in comparison is the clouds!!!!!
I will wait until FSX is properly reviewed and add ons have been written to fix the bugs and improve the realism.
I don't intend to rush out and spend a lot of money on something that as far as i have seen so far is only a marginal improvement (we have only seen the scenery) on FS9.
Morning gripe over   ;D
Vololiberista
Andiamo in Italia
vololiberista
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:44 am

It's good for the health for someone to release all that anger. ;D

Just remember that it's against the Anti-Trust law for any company [big or small] to monopolize in the US. So in essence, Bill is holding back his greed to avoid being hanged by Uncle Sam.

Here is a link so that you can better understand the Anti-Trust Law:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Antitrust

[offtopic] Well, at least we know for sure that at least "one" law in the US is actually working. ::) [/offtopic]

Also, Bill is only a CEO. The people who are most likely in charge are the Board of Directors. See here for definitions.

http://cobrands.business.findlaw.com/ba ... ssary.html

Note: Click on "international" located at the bottom of the page.
Last edited by Katahu on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam