What aircraft would we like to see in FSX?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: What aircraft would we like to see in FSX?

Postby machineman9 » Sun May 07, 2006 11:01 am

i think some fighter jets would be good. maybe theyll give use 15 discs this time isntead of 4 and have all the planes in the world!!!
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby TheBod1357 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:42 am

That might cause some hardrive issues... :P

And remember that this is not combat flight sim, so dont get your hopes up on default fighters, instead, proceed to worship 3rd party a/c developers
Last edited by TheBod1357 on Mon May 08, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBod1357
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby chiptas » Tue May 09, 2006 3:49 am

Re: Svenpurple7
What? the thousands of freeware and payware a/c provided by 3rd party developers not good enough for you?  

No they are not. A huge majority of them dont work. Maybe the download section needs to be divided into crap that will waste your time, and stuff that actually works. ;D
chiptas
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby TheBod1357 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:59 am

I somewhat agree with that, except it is just as easy to ask the opinions of others in the "Aircraft Wanted" section. But it would be nice to have some sort of shortlist of high quality aircraft downloads, I know there are also threads about this very topic, and there are notices on the main page of popular new downloads, but a more organized list of sorts, that is updated frequently, maybe sorted for easier finding of specific crafts.

But for now, just searching around works for me.
TheBod1357
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Harold » Wed May 10, 2006 2:37 pm

What he said!

And I second that!
Last edited by Harold on Wed May 10, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harold
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Harold » Wed May 10, 2006 2:52 pm

more than having more aircraft...I would love to see a detail model complete with virtual cabin and more detail virtual cockpit (so we rely no more on panel)

Rather than having more aircraft to fly with it might also be nice to have more and realistic AI planes. But Microsoft will probably have lots of logo copyright lawsuits with all these airlines ... and God knows, they already have so many  ;D
Harold
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby simonmd » Wed May 10, 2006 6:16 pm

They don't use real airline names because they would want royalties or something for appearing in the sim. There are plenty of repaints available for the default aircraft available in real world colours.

The comment about some Freeware planes being 'crap' is out of order. They are FREE for goodness sake!

I have literaly hundreds of freeware downloads of all types and have NEVER found one that didn't work. Yes, some were harder to install than others but when you consider the amount of time that goes into a decent freeware AC, you can't complain. There are many that could easily be payware and there are some that are no better than the default but all it's cost you is a bit of time to download and try it out. For me, half the fun of FS9 is the joy of finding something special or getting something working properly. Without such a variety of freeware AC on Simviation, AVSIM, etc. I'm sure many FS9 copies would be gathering dust by now.

Back to the original question, again, i'll say that all is required is one of each type of AC (GA, commercial jets/prop, helicopter, etc.) purely so new users can 'find their feet' and for multiplayer compatibility issues. Any specific AC we wish will be created by the third party freeware and payware designers.
This months's screenshot contest entry> http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1197692798
simonmd
Major
Major

Postby Harold » Thu May 11, 2006 2:38 am

Very true. I too have hundreds of freeware add-ons and the ones that don't work is probably my inability to install these properly
Last edited by Harold on Thu May 11, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harold
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TheBod1357 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:28 pm

I honestly dont fly too many 3rd party aircraft. I download them like there is no tomorrow though. But my current system cannot handle most of the higher quality downloads, and it just really detracts from the flying experience when you get less than 10 FPS. And I just plain love to fly, so the defaults serve my needs just fine :). But I love to download my favorite planes and fly them around a little, just to appreciate them. But after that they pretty much dont get used too much, just dont have a nice enough system. But I never cease to be amazed at the beautiful and just plain awesome things that 3rd party designers do. Thats what keeps me downloading.
TheBod1357
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby SR-71Maverick » Thu May 11, 2006 8:38 pm

I would love to see a good X-35B model that is able to take off and land vertically without having to move forward.
SR-71Maverick
Captain
Captain

Postby chiptas » Sat May 13, 2006 6:04 pm

Thanks for the tips on sorting the good 3rd party from the bad. I have had a bit of a think about this. Installing 3rd party is a learning curve , i'm getting better , if microsoft spent as much time on aircraft as the 3rd party guys do the cost would be huge, so let microsoft make the bones and leave the meat to the 3rd party developers, thank you to all the guys who spend so much of there own time making good quality add on's.
Cheers  ;D
chiptas
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Lovetoflyhelis » Sat May 13, 2006 6:11 pm

i would like to see alot more "hard" textures

maybe an airborne runway too :)

if any of u have seen "skycaptain and the world of tomorrow" you know what i mean
Last edited by Lovetoflyhelis on Sat May 13, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovetoflyhelis

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam