FSX interview with ACES Studio Manager...

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX interview with ACES Studio Manager...

Postby C » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:56 pm

I don't like linking to the other big sites, but "no nodes" has an (exclusive) interview with some interesting points, including hardware issues...

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/feature/firming.htm
C
Colonel
Colonel

Re: FSX interview with ACES Studio Manager...

Postby flyboy 28 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:25 pm

Interesting find. Thanks Charlie.
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Katahu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:14 pm

And they have a couple of more new screenshots too.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection of the first screenshot of the Goose flying over the water, I noticed a slight shimmering in the distance. I am referring to the annoying waving effect of distant textures [with high bitmap levels]. However, I'm not sure if my eyes are playing with me as I am dehydrated from drinking way too much Pepsi. ;D
Last edited by Katahu on Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Joe_D » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:01 pm

I think one of the more intereresting and  welcomed bits of info from the interview is:

"FSX, "Will behave as a professional platform," Shawn said.  It is designed to be a flight simulation platform for future development by the add-on community. Much more than any previous version, FSX has features that are sure to thrill the developer community and guaranteed to give us exciting add-ons that far exceed the stock program's already formidable features. We have seen some tantalizing glimpses of things to come and will be reporting on them in detail over the next few months.

Meanwhile, Shawn announced that he hired a professional Software Development Kit designer to create a professional SDK that will be available when FSX releases. His SDK developer is working in parallel with the development team. So developers, you won't have to wait for a year after release to sink your teeth into some juicy add-ons. "I strongly believe the best years in the hobby are ahead of us," Shawn predicted."
A SDK released when FSX is! ;D
Home airports are KMGJ and KSWF in Orange County, NY
Stop by and say hello. :)
Joe_D
Captain
Captain

Postby flyboy 28 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:17 pm

EDIT: Upon closer inspection of the first screenshot of the Goose flying over the water, I noticed a slight shimmering in the distance. I am referring to the annoying waving effect of distant textures [with high bitmap levels].

I see that too. You mean on the top right?
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SkyNoz » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:59 pm

That's some great reading Charlie, thanks for posting the link for this. ;D ;D ;D
Project Kfir!
My Gmax page
Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter

Aye the key!
[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=N
SkyNoz
Major
Major

Postby expat » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:15 am

It would seem that the prospect of guns in FSX has still not been fully answered. Of coarse, guns bring certain damage effects, a wish from some quarters... Never say never??, lets hope not.

Matt

"We have received hundreds of emails and even more forum postings after Max Merlin and Andrew Herd broached the topic of Flight Simulator with guns in our op-ed article, Beyond 2004. It seems a huge segment of the flightsim community wants the ability to craft realistic combat missions with the FSX platform. So, will we see FS with guns? "FSX is not a combat flight simulator. It
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ecko » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:13 am

Thanks for the link Charlie! Some useful new information. :)
Ecko
Major
Major

Postby Craig. » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:20 am

I am tired of the guns in fs argument. Its a civilian flight sim not combat. This was rarely if ever an issue before fs2000, now the new trigger happy youth generation is onboard suddenly it has to have guns. Go try the large selection of combat flight sims avaliable. :-/ ::)
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hai Perso Coyone? » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:44 am

Water looks so much like what my bump map does to water in FS9...weird...LOL...Great find Charlie ;)

Also, from what I understand...they are saying that my computer will be able to run FSX?? My specs are in my sig...can someone elaborate?  ???
Last edited by Hai Perso Coyone? on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hai Perso Coyone?
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby C » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:38 am

[quote]Also, from what I understand...they are saying that my computer will be able to run FSX?? My specs are in my sig...can someone elaborate?
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:02 am

Microsoft aren't stupid enough to release a product which would mean that even people with an 18 month old PC which was fairly decent spec when it was new would have to upgrade...

What, you mean maybe thay learned something from the release of fs2204 and all of the mess that created?   ;)

best,

..........john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby cavity » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:33 pm

If you really want to see some amazing weather and flight sim graphics, go to the bottom of the page for this thread and click on the site under Hal Bryan.  When that comes up, scroll down to the section on Gone Tropos in yellow print.  Two lines into that section there is a 3 minute video to watch with fog, ice and snow that are incredible.  If FSX even comes close to that kind of weather, Im in!  Todd
cavity
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby cavity » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:44 pm

http://blogs.technet.com/hal9000/default.aspx

Start there, go to Gone Tropos section and watch the promo video, quite amazing.  Sorry for the poor directions in my last thread. Todd
cavity
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby richardd43 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Was a little disapointed when they said it was not going to be 64 bit, but the rest sounded pretty good.
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Intel I7 3770K w/ Corsair H100
Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Silverstone 1000W PSU
richardd43
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam