What type of upgrades...

FSX including FSX Steam version.

What type of upgrades...

Postby Katahu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:41 pm

I'm hoping to upgrade my laptop to have 1 GB of Ram. My dad is lucky enough to have a friend who will upgrade computers for him for free including mines [they are close buddies]. 8)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What type of upgrades...

Postby Jakemaster » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:46 pm

Look, even if I have to turn down most settings, I dont care.  Im not going to upgrade (well, im gonna get a sound card and speakers at some point, but thats a different story).

If it doesnt run it doesnt run.  Whoop de doo!  With backwards compatibility most planes will probably have the ability to fly in FS2004 if necessary.

I have my DC-3, im good 8)
Jakemaster

Postby SkyNoz » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:53 pm

LOL Jake, Yep can't live without that DC-3. ;D I'm hoping that the current system that I'm running. P2.66 with 1 gig ram and a dx10 card will handle FSX, will see. Im only hopeing to uprade a new vid. card. ;D
Project Kfir!
My Gmax page
Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter

Aye the key!
[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=N
SkyNoz
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:58 pm

You might have to upgrade that processor, Noz. :o Pentium 2 is old-school in these days. ;D
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby SkyNoz » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:03 pm

You might have to upgrade that processor, Noz. :o Pentium 2 is old-school in these days. ;D

Intel pentium 2.66? Wont handle it?
Project Kfir!
My Gmax page
Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter

Aye the key!
[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=N
SkyNoz
Major
Major

Postby Katahu » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:33 am

Intel pentium 2.66? Wont handle it?

Oh, I though you just said "2". I must have missed the ".66" that came after it. This is what happens when one drinks too much Pepsi. ;D

I thought you meant by the type of processer, not the speed of it. ::)
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby expat » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:26 am

Katahu,

In stead of "I am stuck in the 80's", it should say, "wife keeping you in the 80's"............
"Why on earth do you need a new computer for such a silly little game. That flying game 95 thingy, what was wrong with that? That was flying too wasn't it. I mean new graphics. Once you are up in the sky, it is all blue anyway. And oh yes, turn that off and cut the grass, we lost one of the children yesterday"

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Lazerbeak » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:54 am

I put down "Not rich enough". Sure, I'd love (and need) a new PC for FSX, but at the moment (and pretty much every other moment for the rest of my life), anything more than a low-cost econo-PC is just not in the cards. So, my trusty, dusty, 5-year-old rig and FS9 will have to suffice.

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford a new PC that'll run FSX, at least at a bare minimum. Of course by that time, FSMCXCV will have come out...

The proletarians of the world have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!
Lazerbeak
Captain
Captain

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam