the "missions" of fs x

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: the "missions" of fs x

Postby n_richardson05 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:53 am

who cares aneway the game is almost done and the missions have been crated and i hate arguing and we have wanderd from the specefic nature of the question
big or small i like them all ...? that dosent sound right
slew mode dose not count as flying
737-700aholic
n_richardson05
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby MattNW » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:37 pm

and if it involves me flying Cessna's in order to unlock B747's, I won't be getting FSX ;)

I'd love that. No more posts, "Can't fly B-747 somebody help!!!!!!!!!!" only to find out the most flight experience the poster has is that they went to the airport ten years ago to pick up great aunt Katie and has only had FS-X for two days but still expects to fly a jumbo like a 30 year vetran airline pilot.  :P :P ;D j/k

If it was like that wouldn't buy it either. I hate scripting in any game or sim. I have FS Passengers and when I have FS-X and if or when Dan updates FSP for it I'll buy it but I don't like being forced into something like that. I'll make up my own flying fantasies thank you and fly what I want.

I don't doubt however that if they did make it that way, about a week or so later someone would come out with a patch or mod to unlock all the airplanes.  ;D

Actually I like Viper's idea. Be able to fly like you do now but also have a "career" mode where you earn your advancement according to the lessons and flight experience. For example you first complete all the lessons  to earn your PPL and instrument ratings and fly a number of "missions" to log time in the single engine land aircraft. When you log enought time and complete the "missions" you are then allowed to take the following lessons. From there you can move up to twins etc to ATP. That's the way it works in real life so why not have it in FS-X.

I love FS Passengers but actually it's a little unrealistic the way many use it. Purchase a 747 and fly wildcat until you earn enough money to buy another big jet then keep doing that until you own a full blown airline. Not likely to happen in the RW.

Real airlines are corporations financed by investors through stock sales. The owners may have been pilots once but often they aren't and have never owned a B-747 in their own name. You don't get to be the owner and CEO of an airline by purchasing an airplane and showing up at an airport one day asking for passengers.  ::)   ;)
In Memory of John Consterdine (FS Tipster)1962-2003
MattNW
Major
Major

Postby n_richardson05 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:03 am

vipers ideah? thats what ive been sujesting all along urg  >:( maby not with the licinces but a seperate carear mode ive already sed that, a seperate carear mode should i say it one more time a seperate careare mode, so if your whiney about that you can play it like a normal flight sim. At the same time you talk about how stuff works in the real world, hello this is how it works they would never let somone jump from a piper cub to a 747 you need thousands of hours of flight time.  
Last edited by n_richardson05 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
big or small i like them all ...? that dosent sound right
slew mode dose not count as flying
737-700aholic
n_richardson05
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam